• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    It is begun! She's sinking into my head! Dangit! Ah, well. Hey, uh, Pen and SA? take it to you profiles please. And the quote/flame/quote more wars are kinda getting old...

Maria (I like it better than Soul) is okay, but I think Kris is hotter.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Done. :)

Spoiler:

I had to give her a more conventional-looking backpack, though, because the bag she's carrying is a little too difficult to draw clearly on a tiny, 16x16, 3-color character sprite.

I based the overworld sprites on Gold's and Crystal's sprites, and based the back picture slightly on Crystal's back picture, but the trainer card picture was drawn completely from scratch. (I think I could have made the hat a little bigger, though.)

I'm really getting to like her, too. I think she would have looked great alongside Gold back in the original Gold version.

Oh my god! I love you! xD
    You're great! Those spriters are awesome!

I LOVE NEW GIRL <3[/hypeeeee]

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    People I have an Idea.

Why dont we stop Bashing other Opinions and Respect it? Better and If you want to post Your Opinion Why not make it just like this "I say Kris is better I dont like the new one's Design" Not 'She's very ugly and need to bez in super marioz broz" Keep it to your self if its so.

And Bassface.Wow what a great sprite your just making Me like the girl better.<3

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    Should this be a sticky? *just asking*

Well, I think she's fine, and I'm getting used to her. I may even like her.

Why dont we stop Bashing other Opinions and Respect it? Better and If you want to post Your Opinion Why not make it just like this "I say Kris is better I dont like the new one's Design" Not 'She's very ugly and need to bez in super marioz broz" Keep it to your self if its so.

I have a better idea. Play as Gold, and get on with your life. Case closed.
    (Oh, and for the record, I wasn't bashing you, shadowampharos. Don't take me wrong.)

Last edited:

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    Here are the Gen II-style Soul sprites:

Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

(Edit: Whoops, I was a little late...)

(I'm glad you guys like them! :))

Say that WAS her.. I'm sure some people would like Kris, too,
    proving that they're not hating on the new girl only because
    they took out Kris.

Anyway, you can barely see her overall thingamajigs, and she looks
    like may (it looks like her clothes are skin-tight). Oh well
    I don't even mind her any more. Since I'm getting both games,
    Heart Gold is where I'll use her and Soul Silver, my main one,
    will be the boy. I have a feeling I'll like her OW A LOT since it's
    brand new. I just don't want to stay on the Trainer Card for
    over 5 minutes.. btw, nicely done sprites. They fit perfectly.

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
    Ugg, my slow browser sucks T.T So I was going to say, Thanks for letting me see the sprites ^^ they're REALLY good! And her hair looks like its red instead of brown, awesome XD. Do you guys know what Kris' sprite looked like before? I've only seen the manga and anime pics of her...

EDIT: Plus, her overalls look better, black rather than blue, and you can't see the little lacy part on her sleeves XD

Last edited:

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Done. :)

Spoiler:

I had to give her a more conventional-looking backpack, though, because the bag she's carrying is a little too difficult to draw clearly on a tiny, 16x16, 3-color character sprite.

I based the overworld sprites on Gold's and Crystal's sprites, and based the back picture slightly on Crystal's back picture, but the trainer card picture was drawn completely from scratch. (I think I could have made the hat a little bigger, though.)

I'm really getting to like her, too. I think she would have looked great alongside Gold back in the original Gold version.

My good sir/ma'am, you are a genius with sprites.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Here are the Gen II-style Soul sprites:

Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

(Edit: Whoops, I was a little late...)

(I'm glad you guys like them! :))
    EEEEEE. ♥
    Me love you long time for this. I will save them on my sprite folder and treasure them greatly.
    The trainer card sprite looks a lot like I imagine her HGSS one will look like.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    So she was an original character in the Johto region before? I never really noticed, thanks for the sprites.

To me she still looks good in the old version, but way better now because of the graphics.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    So she was an original character in the Johto region before? I never really noticed, thanks for the sprites.

To me she still looks good in the old version, but way better now because of the graphics.

No she was not part of any original game. These sprites you see by Bassface were created by Bassface digitally drawn and all. Really cool, and well done too.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020

What I put in bold is sad. She is not an old character, try playing GS. Crystal has Kris instead of empty HEX values, although her sprite is in GS...?

Mumei

Pokédork
    Years
    I HAS A REVOLUTIONARY IDEA.
    Maybe people are getting annoyed at people b/c saying that you don't like the style of a character, while someone else does, is like insulting their fashion sense.

Seriously though, someone please tell me how skin-tight spandex shorts are more fashionable than overalls and knee socks.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I HAS A REVOLUTIONARY IDEA.
    Maybe people are getting annoyed at people b/c saying that you don't like the style of a character, while someone else does, is like insulting their fashion sense.

Seriously though, someone please tell me how skin-tight spandex shorts are more fashionable than overalls and knee socks.

If you are referring to May's outfit compared to this one, then just keep in mind that Pokémon is not about style, it's about you playing the role of a character and traveling through a region overcoming problems and catching new Pokémon to become the Champion.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    If you are referring to May's outfit compared to this one, then just keep in mind that Pokémon is not about style, it's about you playing the role of a character and traveling through a region overcoming problems and catching new Pokémon to become the Champion.

Well to some people style matters to them. I mean if someone really liked playing the girl sprites and then they found out how she really looks and they don't like it, then that's just going to upset them. Some people just doesn't care about how the sprites look and just move on with the game.

I personally don't care how the sprites look unless they really overdid it.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah a lot of people are disliking the socks, but I'd still like to see the new girl in at least one anime show, just to get the feel of her personality like how it was in the Chronicles for Gold and Kris.

Back