• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I think the overalls look cute for a 10 year old. She is 10 right?

Also the hat is sort of biggish, but I want to see how it looks when you play the game.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yes, they are supposed to be at the age of 10. So at least, the female this time looks like her age.

Years
    Who cares about a hat being big? This is the anime world (well, you know what i mean, the character art is anime/manga style), so things are supposed to be ridiculously OTT. Look at Diamond, the male trainer of the DPPt saga. His hat is pretty big, but on his overworld sprite, it's freakin huge, It even widens at the sides.
    Heart's (the girl's name- too strange for a boy to be called Heart, IMO) hat is quite big, but so what. At first, i was insisting it was Kris. Now, i honestly don't care, and look forward to playing as this new character. (after my first playthrough as the boy, of course). Heart's appearance has grown on me, i really like her. The game-Kris was far too.. Monohue. I mean there was practically no colours on her clothes. White, white, white, DARK WHITE, white. Heart presents a nice change. Although does this mean that Gold is still the boy's name? It's confusing. Meh, it's going off topic anyways.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    Who cares about a hat being big?

People who give a damn about character designs?

This is the anime world so things are supposed to be ridiculously OTT.

Supposed to be? So if it comes out of japan, characters are required to look absolutely ridiculous? That just sounds ignorant, excuse me.

Look at Diamond, the male trainer of the DPPt saga. His hat is pretty big, but on his overworld sprite, it's freakin huge, It even widens at the sides.

Ok...character sprites in the OW aren't supposed to be taken as major representations of the characters overall. They dont rectify anything about the designs because they lack detail.

The game-Kris was far too.. Monohue. I mean there was practically no colours on her clothes. White, white, white, DARK WHITE, white.

You do realize this is from a game system that was for the most part...8bit right?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    This wouldn't really need to be a sticky because a few months after the games are released and people don't care anymore about the new girl, it'll be pretty dead. x_x

Anyway, put it this way, if the girl was created like a complete normal person in the real world, would she even be half as interesting as she is now?

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    As much as I love Crystal, this new girl is okay. Heart or Soul, whatever her name shall be, is fine. I don't really like the overalls, I'd have preferred a skirt, shorts, or pants (what do Pokemon girls have against pants?!). I also love unusual hair colors, like Crystal's Blue Hair, instead of the Brunette Hair that every Pokemon Female, except Crystal & Dawn, has had. However, my question is this: What are they going to name this new girl in PokeSpe? I ask this because you know she'll make an appearance and there is no GSC color version for her to take her name from. Is she going to be her own new character or is Crystal going to get her clothes and dye her hair (if it wasn't already dyed)?

Last edited:

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    As much as I love Crystal, this new girl is okay. Heart or Soul, whatever her name shall be, is fine. I don't really like the overalls, I'd have preferred a skirt, shorts, or pants (what do Pokemon girls have against pants?!). I also love unusual hair colors, like Crystal's Blue Hair, instead of the Brunette Hair that every Pokemon Female, except Crystal & Dawn, has had. However, my question is this: What are they going to name this new girl in PokeSpe? I ask this because you know she'll make an appearance and there is no GSC color version for her to take her name from. Is she going to be her own new character or is Crystal going to get her clothes and dye her hair (if it wasn't already dyed)?

Blue and Leaf were different characters as well, but they just made-over Blue to wear Leaf's clothes.
    That = again.

And Crystal has brown hair in the manga already, ne?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think Crystal had both colors in the manga, not exactly sure. Though, I prefer her brown her, like I said it gives her the more realistic and natural look.

Also, compared to the rest of the girls, I actually like her second to Emerald Version of May.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    Blue and Leaf were different characters as well, but they just made-over Blue to wear Leaf's clothes.
    That = again.
    Yeah, but Leaf was definitely based on Blue, who herself was based on an unused female trainer seen in Red/Blue concept art. So, in a way, Blue is the manga version of Leaf, as Red is the Manga version of the game's Red.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Yeah, but Leaf was definitely based on Blue, who herself was based on an unused female trainer seen in Red/Blue concept art. So, in a way, Blue is the manga version of Leaf, as Red is the Manga version of the game's Red.
    For all we know, Soul could have been a revamped version of a prototype girl that was supposed to be in G/S but removed due to whatever reasons, then replaced by Crystal.

Last edited:

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    For all we know, Soul could have been a revamped version of a prototype girl that was supposed to be in G/S but removed due to whatever reasons, then replaced by Crystal.

We've heard a lot that there were going to be Female PCs in the games before Crystal, but scrapped.
    True, True, but we've yet to see any concept art to prove that. Plus its not as likely considering that a scrapped female trainer would have more than likely have been put into Crystal instead of Crys, much like how the scrapped Red/Blue girl was revamped into Leaf.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    True, True, but we've yet to see any concept art to prove that. Plus its not as likely considering that a scrapped female trainer would have more than likely have been put into Crystal instead of Crys, much like how the scrapped Red/Blue girl was revamped into Leaf.
    Crystal, I think, was basically designed to promote the whole Suicune deal. Blue, crystal colored hair... ;x

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
    I absolutley dispise her with a firery passion! I dont care that Crystal was created in Crystal, SHE IS GENERATION 2'S FEMALE CHARACTER! They had no right to replace her!
    I agree Crystal Started the Female Character trend that was used for 10 games and counting but basically i don't care it's not like i'm gonna play as her

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Crystal, I think, was basically designed to promote the whole Suicune deal. Blue, crystal colored hair... ;x

You, actually, make a good point with this. Crystal's look does seem to match that of Suicune. So now, as the GSDS is here and it has nothing to do with Suicune like the original Crystal game, a new girl could have been put in to simply show off as the girl who wasn't put in the original GS before.

Years
    You, actually, make a good point with this. Crystal's look does seem to match that of Suicune. So now, as the GSDS is here and it has nothing to do with Suicune like the original Crystal game, a new girl could have been put in to simply show off as the girl who wasn't put in the original GS before.

That makes a lot of sense. I'm glad they put someone new in. (I wouldn't have liked it if they had added Kris anyway. No offense to anyone.) The new girl seems more of a painter than a farmer. I could imagine her owning a Smeargle. Hayley, from Pokemon Ranch, looks more like a farmer than this new girl.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The artist in Soul or Heart, [the name confuggles me] does show up to me. You know what a smeargle for her, if she was put in the manga would make a good match for her too.

Though yeah, even if this new girl was never put in, and Crystal was still added, it wouldn't have bothered me, because the new girl would have never been in my mind right now.

Ayselipera

but shes grown on me. I actually really
    like her now. Shes really cute :)

Back