• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

superaipom

They do exist...
Years
  • I really do not see how or why this is an argument. Seriously, who cares about the characters? You take what you get, and in this case it's this new chick. I'm positive that HeartGold and SoulSilver would both be great games whether they had Crystal as the female character or this new girl. So why does it matter? And if you have some kind of emotional bond with Crystal, go play G/S/C and quit complaining about an amazing new game.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I don't see it.

My opinion on the girl? Eh, I don't care for the character design. I would have preferred Kris from the actual GSC games.

"But these are G/S remakes, not Crystal remakes!"—I don't care. Do you think we should leave out those areas where Crystal improved on G/S, such as a Battle Tower and animations? That's silly.
    WHAT HAVE I BEEN PLAYING THEN.

time to cry.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Is it just me or is she starting to bear a resemblance to Whitney.

and whitney had miltank wtf.

Years
  • No,Do "YOU" understand what your saying,To tell you yes She can get better then any other Female character espically Kris,So what if you hate her Appearance? I hate Lucas appearance but hey atleast Enjoying the game Is the most Importanat part of "Games" and After a while.I liked Lucas The same goes to FR/LG's Red.

How do you know? We dont about her much as we Only saw her art and people just got crazy by a single Character.Just because of a stupid clothes.People this is a "Game" Not a super Model design.

And if you(And I mean all of you)still dont like her just because of the clothes Then this way Childish.
    Sorry if i been harsh though but I had to say it and its true.

You're missing the main point of his argument. He was responding to people who were saying that "she can get better" or "she could become the best girl" when, in reality, there's not much that she can do to get better. The player characters in the original G/S were all pretty much devoid of personality, and they'll remain so if these remakes are true to the original. Heck, the player characters in R/S/E didn't have personality, either, unless you weren't actually playing as them. With the lack of a real personality, it's pretty much a given that the only thing we ever will have to judge the new girl on is her looks. it's not a stretch at all to make a decision about whether or not you like her based on the one shot we've been given, as it's unlikely they'll make many changes on the design.

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
  • do you guys think its maybe possible that GameFreak (or nintendo or whoever makes the games) might change the design of the girl between now and the release? Like... maybe, take her pigtails out or something? (I think the pigtails are why people call her Mario)

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    All of this thread is about is some complaint and depression. Why do you just post it on the 'Complient Thread'. Some people are also being very malicious on this thread and telling people to cry that I cannot even enjoy myself. I am trying to get use to the game, but people keep bring up despressing topics. I am not even going to this section anymore.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    do you guys think its maybe possible that GameFreak (or nintendo or whoever makes the games) might change the design of the girl between now and the release? Like... maybe, take her pigtails out or something? (I think the pigtails are why people call her Mario)

After so many scans, and seeing as how they want to release the game this Fall in Japan, I highyl doubt it'll be changed.

Hey, the overalls actually do remind me of Misty's. I wonde rif they took random things from the previous female roles and created this new female for teh remake?

kabigon

My body is always ready.
    Years
  • Would you be more accepting of the new girl if her design were different?

Alot of people are hating on the new girl and saying they dont like her design. So i was thinking, if her hat and clothes were different, would you actually like her? Or do u just hate her for another or no reason?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    OH well. ^^ I guess I'll play as her anyway since theres a 99 percent chance there will be no other girl character. But if I get both versions, I'll play as Gold in HG.

Well technically she is officially the new girl in HGSS.

I will be picking her because I always choose her and I think she looks pretty cute.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    inb4nobecauseshesnotkris

I don't mind her now, and regardless if they changed her, I still wouldn't mind.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well technically she is officially the new girl in HGSS.

I will be picking her because I always choose her and I think she looks pretty cute.

I think you meant that you always choose the female character and not literally her. Seeing as she is entirely new, it would be impossible for you to always play as this new girl.

Freeziepop

lulztastic
    Years
  • How country is Johto? Wow, it has ONE farm with about 6 cows. ¬¬; Yeah, country. Besides unless she's from a family of farmers I don't think anyone wears overalls. :P
    *of course I think it's adorable...*

Some people were making the argument that it makes sense she would look more farm-chic since Johto is apparently more rural whereas Kanto is the bigger city-oriented region. Hence the country comment.

My apologies if I've struck a nerve.

Years
  • To be honest, I don't really like any of the female designs (except for maybe Kris)...so this particular sprite didn't matter much to me. I didn't really expect to like it, anyway, and I generally stick to the guys. >_<

Back