• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I wish I could see her in anime!
    Assuming that Ash will go to Johto,
    she might be the new latest main female character.
    I like Dawn...
    But IT'S TIME FOR HER TO GO!!!

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
  • -.- Epic Fail </br>; Well this sucks... *dies* I was starting to like her... Why did I have to go read the manga!!! T.T </br>; I was writing a fanfic about Lance... so I went to read the GCS arc of the manga since he appears in there... and I saw Krys and now I keep comparing her to Heart DDDX probably cause they were both from Johto but still... </br>; I wish Krys would were a marshmellow hat though it would look so funny </br> EDIT: O.O what happened to my post?! Whenever I pressed enter key it became wierd! -.-

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Actually, I'm pretty glad they chose to go to more of a European look. It only shows how Pokémon is beginning to expand to other countries besides just in the anime movies. Plus, it's a change to have a new style coming from somewhere else other than in Japan.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    This is what kris would look like in heartgold/soulsilver

Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Ayselipera

I don't really see the big fuss about this.
    I mean when you play your in mini form
    you can barely see what you look like.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    This is what kris would look like in heartgold/soulsilver

Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

I honestly wouldn't trust that as it was proven to be fake like a year or so again. Also, we can't really tell how Kris might have looked, because they might have never bothered working on her new art as the new girl has been introduced for the games.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
  • I wish I could see her in anime!
    Assuming that Ash will go to Johto,
    she might be the new latest main female character.
    I like Dawn...
    But IT'S TIME FOR HER TO GO!!!
    Agreed. Dawn was nice, I guess, but I want to see this new girl make an appearance. >u>
    Hopefully if she does get a role in the anime, she won't be a coordinator like the previous two leads.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    More of a trainer is what she seems to me as well. Though, if she was brought into the anime, with Dawn still being one of the leads, then I'd like her to be a great contest rival to Dawn. it would be interesting to see what she would pull and hopefully she'll bring in a nice twist if the anime decides to go back to the road to Johto once more.

Vindicated

Really?
    Years
  • I don't think she will be in the show... I don't watch it at all but I am pretty sure that the FireRed girl wasn't used in it so I doubt this one will if they follow what they did previously. Also they have contract issues for both letting go of Dawn and bringing someone new I am sure, (Voice Actors.) Again that is all pure speculation cause I don't watch the show/anime thing.

I like the character a lot though, it will be a nice change and I think the hat will translate really well onto the game sprite.

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
  • I honestly wouldn't trust that as it was proven to be fake like a year or so again. Also, we can't really tell how Kris might have looked, because they might have never bothered working on her new art as the new girl has been introduced for the games.

Um... I think what they meant was that if Crys was in the game, that is what they think she would probably look like, even though they know the picture is fake? ^^ It was a nicely made picture though, I would like to play as the girl in it. More than Heart. Too bad its not real...

Kanda Yu

Exorcist
    Years
  • The new girl may be cute, but i'll always like crys better.

But i'm playing as a guy so i guess it won't effect my playthrough that much.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I don't think she will be in the show... I don't watch it at all but I am pretty sure that the FireRed girl wasn't used in it so I doubt this one will if they follow what they did previously. Also they have contract issues for both letting go of Dawn and bringing someone new I am sure, (Voice Actors.) Again that is all pure speculation cause I don't watch the show/anime thing.

I like the character a lot though, it will be a nice change and I think the hat will translate really well onto the game sprite.
    Yeah, you're right. she wouldn't, because Leaf didn't appear in the show.

But I disagree with the contract part, because no one knows about their contract. I mean maybe Dawn's voice actress was assign to do the dub till they finish traveling the Sinnoh(Means Dawn have to go) or she'll continue appearing on Gen V(Which is not likely), who knows?
    More of a trainer is what she seems to me as well. Though, if she was brought into the anime, with Dawn still being one of the leads, then I'd like her to be a great contest rival to Dawn. it would be interesting to see what she would pull and hopefully she'll bring in a nice twist if the anime decides to go back to the road to Johto once more.
    I like it that you said she'll be her Contest rival, actually I had never thought of that...

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • I don't particularly like her, but I don't hate her as much as some other people seem to do either. It's just your ingame character... it's not THAT important.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
  • I don't particularly like her, but I don't hate her as much as some other people seem to do either. It's just your ingame character... it's not THAT important.
    Ugh, agreed. You don't ~have~ to like her design, but some people seem to be going a little extreme with the hate, in my opinion. xDDD

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The hate is basically going too extreme for the fact that people think she has replaced Crystal. It is a little too excessive for my part and shouldn't be taken so seriously. It is basically a game, you don't like one character, then play as the next. It isn't like we've had to deal with this before. There is always something that others may like better, while another set of people might not agree, but that doesn't mean you should excessively repeat your hate for something over and over again. It is one female, and more over I think people should just be glad for a remake overall. The game is meant to keep you playing, keep you interested, occupied, and most importantly, to allow you to have fun. It shouldn't be always about discriminating the way one character looks. As for me, there are things I like about her, and things I just thought could have been altered a bit, but that doesn't matter much to me. I'm playing as Gold in the game, and I think at least it'll be nice she's still givena supporting role. Half the people who ended up saying the despised Dawn from the beginning ended up turning to like her afterwards, though there are a few who still don't like her. I would expect the same for this new female as well, seeing as all we've got is one simple Sugimoro art of her and not an entire biography where you can pinpoint everything you may not like, besides her look.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Actually is the look reallt that important? In my case, no. It won't affect the gameplay at all. If they don't like the character, just use the male protagonist or deal with it... They should be happy that Nintendo at least produce the GS remakes...

Years
  • I like Kris more, but she's bearable, I guess. It was sort-of unexpected for them to make a new girl, actually, unless they're planning a Crystal remake where Kris is playable, which is verging on impossible.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Actually is the look reallt that important? In my case, no. It won't affect the gameplay at all. If they don't like the character, just use the male protagonist or deal with it... They should be happy that Nintendo at least produce the GS remakes...

I couldn't agree more. The design of the new female should honestly not be a big deal to much, accept those who really want to be the female. Though, if people want that nostalgic feel of the remake, then definitely play as girl and ignore the female. It isn't like before we weren't forced to play as only a male. GameFreak, not Nintendo, has definitely brought back something many players have wanted for so long, so I'd just have fun with it, rather than criticising everything they hate.

I like Kris more, but she's bearable, I guess. It was sort-of unexpected for them to make a new girl, actually, unless they're planning a Crystal remake where Kris is playable, which is verging on impossible.

Definitely unexpected, but to me something that should have had some little expectance. I mean Gold and Silver never had a female, and Crystal was put into Crystal, so maybe we should have thought about that. Though, it slipped out thought, but I couldn't have had it any better way. To me it's a bit of improvement to the game adding the new female, and can definitely change the game for better for all we know.

Isabelle

★ Emo Princess ★
    Years
  • The girl character seems pretty and tough. and i like her very much. I hope she would appear in the anime to be a Top Coordinator also. Or maybe to be a Pokemon Master or a Gym Leader. Probably i hope ~_~,

ConnoRAWR

Twitter Username; ConnoRAWR :D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    Personally, she's not my favourite, the girl character from sapphire was,
    but i spose she's livable, but no exactly a fashionista

Back