• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official NFL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
  • Eh I would prefer McNabb over Kolb but they are going in a new direction and McNabb more then likely wasn't going to win them any titles especially after the split with TO a couple years back. All I hear these days NFL related is Darrel Revis and his contract -_-. He needs to stop whining and just play then let the contract work it's self out.

RyanGT

Forum Elder
    Years
  • Eh I would prefer McNabb over Kolb but they are going in a new direction and McNabb more then likely wasn't going to win them any titles especially after the split with TO a couple years back. All I hear these days NFL related is Darrel Revis and his contract -_-. He needs to stop whining and just play then let the contract work it's self out.

Don't get me wrong, McNabb was a very good QB for the Eagles for 11 years. In fact, he was the best QB in Eagles history. But there comes a time when its time for a change. McNabb didn't really fit well in the Eagles new "youth movement." He just isn't the player he was 6 years ago. Plus, the other players on the team have come out publicly and said that they prefer Kolb as the QB. I wish McNabb luck in Washington, just not when we play them. :P

As far as Revis is concerned, I kind of agree with him. He is the best CB, maybe the best defensive player in the NFL and he's not even the highest paid CB on the team. Kyle Wilson, a rookie, is making more than him. The Jets need to pony up and pay the man or he will be at home watching the team from his couch this season.

Last edited:

Pepo

First Generation Pokémon
    Years
  • Indy Faithful<3

Went down to a 37-17 Loss to the 49ers. Everything went upside down when Peyton came off >.< Still reckon we'll go to the play offs!

RyanGT

Forum Elder
    Years
  • Indy Faithful<3

Went down to a 37-17 Loss to the 49ers. Everything went upside down when Peyton came off >.< Still reckon we'll go to the play offs!

Preseason wins and losses are pretty much irrelevant to the outcome of the regular season. The Colts always go like 0-4 or 1-4 in the preseason and then always have 10+ wins in the regular season and make the playoffs.

Preseason is just for young, backup players to get some playing time.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Yeah but if they cave in an give Revis his contract then others will line up and say "I am good were is my money". It sets a precedent that they had out money for everyone then. Revis should honor his contract just like everyone else does. As far as rookie contracts are concerned they are utterly ridiculous, rookies are way over paid.

Johnny™

Office addict
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2012
    Even though this is a transition year for the Iggles, I have alot to be excited about with Kolb taking snaps now. Hopefully we can get 8 wins and look forward to next season.

Revis should get paid more money. Plain and simple. He's a dominant DB and paired with Cromartie its going to be tough to pass the ball on the Jets already stingy D.

I'm picking the Chargers to go all the way this year. (Even though I picked them last year too, meh.) I have them beating the Cowboys (whom I HATE)

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Yeah but if they cave in an give Revis his contract then others will line up and say "I am good were is my money". It sets a precedent that they had out money for everyone then. Revis should honor his contract just like everyone else does. As far as rookie contracts are concerned they are utterly ridiculous, rookies are way over paid.
    I think athletes are extremely overpaid nowadays, but compared to other DB's, Revis isn't getting paid anywhere near the amount he should be. I think he's justified in his hold out.

Years
  • I think athletes are extremely overpaid nowadays, but compared to other DB's, Revis isn't getting paid anywhere near the amount he should be. I think he's justified in his hold out.

Revis shut down every big-name wideout he covered last year, and was a big reason why the Jets D was so good. if the jets want to go back to the playoffs they will need Revis Badly. Normally id say he's a whiny spoiled superstar, but i think Revis deserves it in this case

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • The only reason I think the Jets should pay is they said something to the nature of "we will take care of him", and Rex Ryan was praising him as the best CB in the league today which just adds to the Revis camp's reason why he should get paid.

RyanGT

Forum Elder
    Years
  • Yeah but if they cave in an give Revis his contract then others will line up and say "I am good were is my money". It sets a precedent that they had out money for everyone then. Revis should honor his contract just like everyone else does. As far as rookie contracts are concerned they are utterly ridiculous, rookies are way over paid.

I agree 100% with rookies contracts being ridiculous. You have guys like Sam Bradford, a rookie who has never played a meaningful snap in the NFL, making more money than proven Superbowl winners like Tom Brady, Drew Brees, etc. The league has to do something about this because it keeps getting worse every year.

Even though this is a transition year for the Iggles, I have alot to be excited about with Kolb taking snaps now. Hopefully we can get 8 wins and look forward to next season.

Revis should get paid more money. Plain and simple. He's a dominant DB and paired with Cromartie its going to be tough to pass the ball on the Jets already stingy D.

I'm picking the Chargers to go all the way this year. (Even though I picked them last year too, meh.) I have them beating the Cowboys (whom I HATE)

Glad to see a fellow Eagles fan. :)

I think this years team actually has chance to be just as good, if not better than last years team. Why?

For one, it seems all of the offensive playmakers came and publicly saying they wanted Kolb as the starter. This tells me they trust Kolb, and he is ready to run this offense.

Second, the return of Stewart Bradley and the addition of Ernie Sims. Two pro bowl level linebackers. Linebacker was one of our biggest weaknesses last season. (see the Raiders game)

Third, the drafting of Brandon Graham. I think this kid could become a star, and one of the best defensive ends in the NFL. Having Trent Cole on the opposite side can't hurt either. :cool:

The first game against Green Bay will be a big test to see where this team stands.

Last edited:
    Years
  • In other, over-hyped news, Brett Favre is tentatively back to quarterback the Minnesota Vikings.

THIS IS IT! WE'RE GOIN' TO THE SUPER BOWL! Not that they didn't have a shot with T-Jack at QB. He's better than people give him credit for.

RyanGT

Forum Elder
    Years
  • In other, over-hyped news, Brett Favre is tentatively back to quarterback the Minnesota Vikings.

THIS IS IT! WE'RE GOIN' TO THE SUPER BOWL! Not that they didn't have a shot with T-Jack at QB. He's better than people give him credit for.

Hehe, did you really think he was going to retire? The guys been pulling that stuff for 10 years now. I think the Vikings are definitely a lot better with Favre, but I think it's going to be hard to mimic what he did last year. He had statistically his best season ever at the age of 40. He has to run out of gas sometime, right? :laugh:

I'm really starting to believe this guy will play until he's 50.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • Minnesota is not hands-down the NFC favorite. Last time I checked there was Dallas and Green Bay. Oh, those are good teams, and they're also fellow NFC conference teams. And let's not forget New Orleans, the defending Super Bowl champs.

Did I forget to mention the Saints are ALSO an NFC team? You can also throw in dark horses Washington/Philadelphia (depending on who gets the edge from the McNabb for nothing trade), Atlanta and San Francisco.

Minnesota will lose to either Dallas (chip on their shoulder), Green Bay (ain't no pushover) or New Orleans (vanquished them in the NFC Champ.) in the NFC Playoffs. Right now, it's a 3 horse race (Vikings, Cowboys and Saints.)

RyanGT

Forum Elder
    Years
  • Minnesota is not hands-down the NFC favorite. Last time I checked there was Dallas and Green Bay. Oh, those are good teams, and they're also fellow NFC conference teams. And let's not forget New Orleans, the defending Super Bowl champs.

Did I forget to mention the Saints are ALSO an NFC team? You can also throw in dark horses Washington/Philadelphia (depending on who gets the edge from the McNabb for nothing trade), Atlanta and San Francisco.

Minnesota will lose to either Dallas (chip on their shoulder), Green Bay (ain't no pushover) or New Orleans (vanquished them in the NFC Champ.) in the NFC Playoffs. Right now, it's a 3 horse race (Vikings, Cowboys and Saints.)

Well no one really claimed Minnesota was the favorite to with the NFC, nor do I think it's true. Favre or no Favre, New Orleans is still a better team, and we will get to see if my statement holds true in the very first game of the season. Dallas may not be as good as you think. They have been hit with the injury bug so far on the offensive line. They're still a top contender though.

The NFC East will be a an interesting division to watch. Redskins and Eagles with new QBs, Cowboys with injuries, Giants seem to be the team that is most similar to last year, which may not be a good thing.

As of right now I'd rank the top NFC teams like this:

New Orleans
    Packers
    Minnesota
    Dallas

The rest is up for grabs.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • Dallas has some injuries, but then again, all teams get injuries over the coarse of the season. The road to the Super Bowl might either go through Arlington or New Orleans, maybe Minnesota/Green Bay.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • As of right now I'd rank the top NFC teams like this:

New Orleans
    Packers
    Minnesota
    Dallas

I agree those are the top four teams in the NFC. NFC West I think San Fran has got it this year 1. Cards took a hit with Warner retiring and Boldin went to the Ravens, Cards D is good I think it may be a toss up between Cards and 49ers. 2. Seattle seems like they are a team in the rebuilding process, Hasselback is mediocre but I could see them giving the 49ers a run. 3. Rams lol Sam Overated Bradford from the University of Overated is not going to do anything this year. 2 wins for other division opponents.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • You could easily finish 8-8 in the NFC West and that could be good enough to cement a playoff berth. (Arizona, on route to Super Bowl XLIII, finished 9-7.)

Like it's the NFL's fault the NFC West is it's own JV league...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back