• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OFFICIAL Pairup and Romance Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    New pairs? I'm sorry, I don't think you'll ever part Austin and Cassie, Andy and Soph.... but maybe that would free Ally to pair with Scott (since I released him XD)

Jazz

THE Jazz man
    Years
    I'm all for it! It might help me get paired with the person I like. She's already paired but for all I know she might not mind splitting up and re-pairing with me. As long as she's not still angry with me...

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Ya getting rid of the list really wouldent help and she would still be really mad right..girlie?

Jazz

THE Jazz man
    Years
    I suppose but I've been talking to her alot lately and I don't think she's mad at me anymore. It all really depends on if they start the list over or not and how close she is to her pair.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Well just ask her if she wants to go with you... a lot of pairs on the site dont even talk to each other.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Brand new pairups would be an interesting approach...people who are happily paired up don't have to unpair, and it really would take the list down to a reasonable size...but that's just Mr. Collecting-dust-on-the-list talking...I won't mind, whatever we choose to do :P

Juggernaut X2

The next Micheal Vick.
    Years
    no one wants to pair at all. this is the last you'll see of JX2 in this thread...call me when you guys start to get serious,like, forced pairs! nah, thats even lamer...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Starting over the list as in wiping out every pairs on the list, and pairs either pairup differently, or re-pair up again...

and in the mean time, drop the stupid "list of unpaired males here" and "list of unpaired females here"... They shouldn't be playing match random names like those kindergarten exercises... let them find someone they know who's the opposite gender, and then pairup. Then the pairs will actually mean something...

coco

Dancing in the Moonlight
    Years
    yeah, it would be cool to have new pairs, since pairing up with someone should be fun and exciting, not boring and stale.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    and in the mean time, drop the stupid "list of unpaired males here" and "list of unpaired females here"... They shouldn't be playing match random names like those kindergarten exercises... let them find someone they know who's the opposite gender, and then pairup. Then the pairs will actually mean something...

So basically in the past the pairups were random, or am I reading this wrong? o_O

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Chairman Kaga said:
    So basically in the past the pairups were random, or am I reading this wrong? o_O
    in the past (as in last summer which isn't that "past)...

1) Couples annouce themselves as pairs suddenly, as they use their own time to talk with each other and know each other, not just "so... can i pairup with you? No...? Ok... then... how about you then?" Now it's just so random like name matching. In the past you pair up with someone who you talk to at least.

2) Couples are being "matched" together... like others saying "A and B looks cute BECAUSE ______________ so let's say pair them up?" If they do agree, then yes pairs are made that way too... Others people suggest up pairs (with reasons), and see if the involved couples agree to it. However, usually people only starts suggesting you and someone else to be pairs because you must be know the other person somehow or act really alike (or like the same stuff and so on) in order to be suggested as pair. Lol so fun to gossip about people like that in the past, but I was too afraid to participate back then.

So... even though you get even more posts in the thread with even lesser pairing up, it's actually not just random, and means something, and basically more fun...

I should go ask Carol some day to see how Pairing was even before that...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Ahh, I see now. Thanks for clearing that up.

Yeah, after reading that I'd rather it be based on the choice of the two people involved in the pairing than the methods listed above...

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    Yes, I think it's a good idea to start over. But the pairs you probably wouldn't want to break up are Cosmo and Junichi, Andy and Soph, Austin and Cassie. I have a feeling you might die if you did that XD. If we do start again, I'm keeping my current pair. *grins @ Oni*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back