• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official RSFrLgE MoveSet and EVs Help Topic V1.0

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Sets will be provided by : Mullet, C-Dog, Dan Dan and I
    Random Edits: by me

You can request pokemon and ask questions here also. These are all standard sets and they work exceptionally better than many other sets. If you have a questions why a move is included and why a move isn't included and the answer isn't in the set comments, feel free to post

Main format will be:

Name (Gender) @ Item
    Trait: Trait
    EVs: labeled effort values
    Nature (+stat, -stat)
    - Move #1
    - Move #2
    - Move #3
    - Move #4

Comments

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Aromatherapy
    - Thunder Wave/Ice Beam
    - Softboiled
    - Seismic Toss

Comments:
    Ruined by Boah and McGar and other various sub-punchers this set effectively slows down and guaranteed damage. It can also heal its self at will. Dugtrio and other ground types give it problems also.
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Aromatherapy
    - Thunder Wave/Seismic Toss
    - Softboiled
    - Ice Beam

Comments:
    Lowers its physical defense considerabley but, also eliminates many threats to it. It can break McGar's Subs, and has a good chance of OHKOing dugtrio (if it does average damage it OHKO's). Ice beam also helps out with salamence who will have to think twice about switching in.
    It is still ruined by Boah. Some people prefer serene grace as the ability for this set, but, I think its a waste since people can run out your Aromatherapy's by statusing blissey. Seismic toss is for people who want their blissey to be able to do good damage to everything. Paralysis helps alot though.

- Aromatherapy
    - Thunder Wave
    - Softboiled
    - Hidden Power [Water]

Comments:
    It raises it defense a little from the above set, and it can break Boah's subs. It beats McGar and it deals much more damage to those rock/ground types. This set only 2HKO's dugtrio which is a problem but, not too large. Seismic toss is not listen as an alternate option because salamence can switch in freely on this set otherwise.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Counter
    - Ice Beam
    - Seismic Toss
    - Wish

Comments: Switch this in on a special sweeper (duh) and use wish on the switch (unless its a mixed sweeper), then when their brawny steroided physical attacker comes in, counter their hit, unless their a fighting type. OHKO's the attacker and wish kicks in to add 50% to blissey's health. Doesn't need any SpAtk Evs because counter covers dugtrio and ice beam doesn't need any evs to break gengars sub. Salamence isn't OHKO'ed by ice beam but, will definetely not be able to switch into any siesmic tosses or ice beams after the first one. Aromatherapy and Heal Bell are illegal with wish :disappoin .

And there is Blissey =/

Last edited:

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    My Export to text doesn't seem to work, so I'll post them by hand. Original sets can also be posted by the people Husk indicated.

Here's on of our favorite Dragons, Salamence:
    Dragon Dance
    Earthquake
    HP [Flying]
    Rock Slide/Flamethrower/Fire Blast

Comments:
    This is really my favorite Mence. It can kill Foretress, Steelix, and it handles Skarms pretty well, with FB, or Flamethrower. Dragon dance is to boost your attack and speed, Earthquake to hits the Rock, steel, and electric types that resist your HP: Flying, hard. HP: Flying for STAB and because its SE against a range of types. Rock Slide is for Solrock (who resists your other moves, really only seen on Sunny Day teams), and flying types. Mainly Zapdos and Gyarados.

If you want to use fire blast use those EVs:

EVs: 168 Atk / 112 Spd / 228 SAtk
    Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)

that way you will OHKO Skarmory.

Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    HP [Flying]
    Brick Break/Double Edge

Comments:
    The stonger of the two, it can't handle Steel types as well, but it still has plenty of power to OHKO many things. Preferably Brick Break, but if you want to 2HKO Weezing then go with Double Edge, even though I really don't see Weezing anymore.

Last edited:

Dan Dan

Me? Sarcastic?
    Years
    Skarmory

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers ** Eaamudo
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 196 Def / 4 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Drill Peck/HP Flying
    - Rest/Taunt/Substitute/Toxic
    - Roar/Whirlwind
    - Spikes

Skarmory, the physical wall, and other half of the oh so famous "SkarmBliss" duo. Pretty basic moveset, get it in, set up Spikes and proceed to Roar/Rest back.
    The option of HP Flying > Drill Peck is for Whirlwind, which effects Soundproof pokemon like Exploud, Mr. Mime and Electrode. If you are running Taunt, a lot more speed, around 200.

Other options for the second spot are Curse, Thief, Torment, Counter.

Magneton is it's biggest weakness, as Manget Pull and Thunderbolt KO Skarm, but Duggy support avenges Skarm, that is if Magneton isn't running Endure/HP Grass|Ice. Forretress, Claydol, other Rapid Spinners and a powerful special sweeper with Electric/Fire moves are also counters to Skarmory.

Skarmory is a great pokemon with 2 immunities and a whole list of resistances, with only 2 Weaknesses, both of which are special, which is why it is used in conjunction with Blissey most often.

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    Dugtrio@Lefties/Choice Band
    EVs:252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    Nature:Adamant/Jolly
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Sludge Bomb
    HP [Bug]
    Lefties for HP gain, or CB if you want some extra attack. It's main wekanesses are anything that has a decent damaging water type move (Ex. Swampert, or Starmie with Surf), anything that can Quake it (highly abused move), anything with HP [Grass], and McSceptle with Leaf Blade. Earthquake to kill Electric attacks, and it is a strong attack to compliment his high Attack stat., Rock Slide for Flying types, HP [Bug] kills Phychic types, Grass types, and Dark types, and Sludge Bomb to kill Grass types like Venasuar.

Last edited:

Dan Dan

Me? Sarcastic?
    Years
    Aerodactyl (M) @ Choice Band ** Ptera
    Trait: Rock Head
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Double-Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Flying]
    - Rock Slide

Aerodactyl is a great pokemon. Very hard hitting, with 105 base attack and 130 base speed. Attach a Choice Band and you have yourself a very strong pokemon. This is the main set, usually used as a starter, but can come in after you lose a pokemon and want to finish something else off. Double Edge is the strongest move if there is no type advantage, so that is used in most situations. Earthquake is obvious; 100 base power move, 100% accurate, kills off Fire, Rock, Poisons etc. HP Flying is for STAB and Grass, Bug, Fighting cover. Rock Slide is for STAB and Flinch with Aerodactyl's speed.

EVs: Well, the usual for a Choice Bander, 6HP/252Att/252Spd but other spreads are used if you don't want to tie with the other base 130s (Jolteon, Crobat) and want a little more HP with a 82HP/252Att/176Spd. This spread allows you to outspeed the base 120's like Sceptile, Alakazam, Dugtrio

Counters: Jolteon if you lose the 50/50 speed battle, Skarmory, Claydol, Suicune, Metagross, Swampert, Jirachi, Electrode - all have good defence and can KO Aerodactyl, except for Electrode which is faster in the first place.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    The legendary dawg's

Suicune @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 240 HP / 100 Def / 8 Spd / 24 SAtk / 136 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Rest
    - Roar/Ice Beam/Sleep Talk/Hidden Power [Electric]/Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Surf

Suicune the Tank of all time. This thing can switch into many a choice banded hit and set up. With 320 Def and 300 SpDef and 401 HP, it can easily withstand hits and after a Calm Mind it will shrug off Super Effective hits also. After a few Calm Minds its special attack will be formidable and you can swamp your opponents team with its power. The options for the third move are arranged by popularity. The most popular on the left and the least at the right. Roar is to psuedo-haze things that switch in and try to set up while you set up, Ice Beam is for those Dragons who resist water and sport high Attack stats and is also supposed to help beat things with water absorb. IIRC after 6 CM's ice beam still only does 30%-40% on them. Sleep Talk speeds up your set up time and gives your opponent less time to stop this monster. Hidden Power [Electric] and Hidden Power [Grass] and to beat water absorbers. The electric is to beat gyarados and the grass to beat quagsire. IMO electric is the way to go but, if you are using HP: grass you can still hit gyarados where as if you use HP: electric you can't touch Quagsire.

Raikou @ Leftovers
    EVs: 16 HP / 252 Spd / 212 SAtk / 28 SDef
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Substitute
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Grass]/Hidden Power [Ice]

The sweeper to end all sweepers. Send this out against a staller who uses special attacks and use Calm Mind. If they stay in use sub. THey will not be able to break your sub so now you can happily Calm Mind without getting hurt for a turn or so. Make a new sub as soon as the old one fails. The differences in the hidden powers is that HP: Grass covers swampert and rock/ground types
    where as HP: ice covers Celebi and the Dragons. Either way you will still be stopped by Blissey. But, after she is gone their team is as good as done. After two Calm Minds you should be able to OHKO Salamence with T-Bolt, so I suggest HP: grass but, watch out for Celebi who will stop you cold.

Entei @ Leftovers
    EVs: 132 HP / 148 Spd / 228 SAtk
    - Calm Mind
    - Substitute
    - Flamethrower
    - Sunny Day/Hidden Power [Grass]/ Hidden Power [Water]

Entei only has one advange over his bretheren and it is in the fact he can make 101 subs. Which means each subsitute he makes can not be broken by a seismic toss. Switch this guy straight into Blissey and make a Sub. You will get 6 Calm Minds set up if you continually replace each sub and CM in the mean time. After your 6 Calm Minds, use Sunny Day (if you have it) and sweep you wil nearly OHKO blissey with one Flamethrower. Make sure before you kill blissey that you have a sub up. Kill her, and sweep their team, everything, even stuff with a 4x rseist to fire gets 1 or 2HKO'ed.
    Watch out for stuff with Flash Fire though. HP: Grass is for swampert and HP: water for fire types. Both hidden powers deal 4x damage to Rock/Ground types. Remeber! If you take sunny day off the set you will only be doing 60%~ to blissey where as with sunny day you will be doing 90%~. Which means if she softboils after you hit her, you will still 2HKO her if you have sunny day. If you don't you are in for 10~ turn's of wasted PP.

EDIT: 900th post ^_^

Last edited:

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    Dragonite

Dragonite@Lefties
    EVs:252 Sp. attack, 212 Speed, 46 Attack
    Nature:Lonely
    T-bolt
    Ice Beam
    Substitute
    Focus Punch

Comments:
    Ah the old standard Subpunch/Boltbeam Nite, he's a mean little booger, that can be super effective against most types, in fact with Focus Punch he can 2HKO Bliss, and most other types fall to T-bolt and Ice Beam. His only weaknesses are anything with Ice beam or HP [Ice], and T-bolt.

Dan Dan

Me? Sarcastic?
    Years
    Magneton @ Leftovers ** Reakoiru
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
    - Substitute
    - Hidden Power [Ice]/[Fire]/[Grass]
    - Thunder Wave/Metal Sound
    - Thunderbolt

The main reason for the use of this pokemon is to trap and kill Skarmory. When Skarm switches in, just change to Mangeton for the kill. HP Ice for Salamence etc on the switch, HP Fire for easier Forry/Scizor kills and HP Grass for Swampert and friends. But, with Substitute up, Magneton can actually sweep quite well. If it can get a couple of Metal Sounds on Blissey/Snorlax they will take heavy damage or force a switch. Dugtrio is usually seen coming in after Magneton takes out Skarm...which is where the next set comes in...

Magneton @ Salac Berry ** Reakoiru
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 44 HP / 212 Spd / 252 SAtk
    - Endure
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Thunder Wave
    - Thunderbolt

Ok so you switch into Skarm and kill it, then Dugtrio comes in and is like "lol Earthquake" but you Endure, get Salac Boost and KO it with HP Ice [NB: Adamant Dugtrio with 40 or so SP Def EVs may not be Ko'd]. HP Grass works too if you want Swampert Cover.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    Heracross @ Salac
    Trait: Swarm
    EVs: 252att, 252speed, 6def
    Adament(+Att -SpAtt)
    - Megahorn
    - Reversal
    - Sword Dance
    - Substitute

Jolly nature works, but i like Adament nature better because of the extra attack power. Works best when an opponent uses rest/falls asleep/aromatherapy. Sub up, and if possible, sword dance up, and sub until salac activates and sweep away. Watch out for sandstrom, extremespeed, quick attack, fake out, etc. This one is my personal favorite.

-------------

Heracoss @ Choice Band
    Trait: Swarm/Guts
    EVs: 252att, 252speed, 6hp
    Jolly(+Speed, -SpAtt)
    -Megahorn
    -Rockslide
    -Brickbreak/Focus Punch
    -Sleeptalk/Earthquake

Some people prefer choice band heracross cuz it just seems to OHKO everything. CBMegahorn hurts pokes even if they're resistant, this guy just rips through entire teams.

Last edited:

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    Jolteon

Jolteon@ Petaya Berry/Lefties (Mostly just personal prefrence.)
    Nature:Timid/Modest (Timid is more common)
    EVs:252 Sp. attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    Substitute
    T-bolt
    HP [Grass]
    Wish/T-wave

Comments:
    Jolteon is one of the most OU Pokemon, for it's poer and speed. It Subs, then T-bolts, or uses HP [Grass] behind it's shield, T-bolt can handle Water, or Flying types. HP [Grass] hits Ground type EQ users hard, and his Sub will protect him if HP [Grass] doesn't OHKO the EQ user, then he can try to hit them again with HP [Grass] then when their dead, he can put his Sub back up. Wish is for self-Healing, or he can switch out so another poke can get his Wish. Or T-wave can be used to paralyze things.

Jolteon@Lefties
    Nature:Modest
    Substitute
    T-bolt
    Agility
    Baton Pass

Comments:
    The main thing here is to Sub, then Agility up, pass the speed, and the Sub if you have one up. You can T-bolt something if you know you can OHKO it. That's the Agility Passing Jolteon.

Last edited:

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    I didn't see your name under who can post sets. Don't double post. You wasted 4 EVs, you have 252 in Sp. attack , 252 in Speed, and that only uses 504 EVs, and you can have a total of 510 EVs on a poke.

Sceptile

Sceptile@Petaya Berry
    Nature:Modest
    Leaf Blade
    Leech Seed
    Substitute
    HP [Ice]/T-punch

Easy enough to use: Leech Seed (if you want to), then Sub until you get the Petaya boost, then sweep with Leaf Blade, HP [Ice], or T-punch. Thunderpunch takes care of Flying types, and Gyarados, and HP [Ice] takes care of the more OU Dragons. That's the standard Sceptile.

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    Last time I click the link Husk provided it didn't work, it does now though. It brings you to the top of the page (it has the rules in his first post). You can make requests, that's why he told you to post it here, we both decided to make this thread and layed out the rules together, it helps the forum not be so clutered with different one poke advice threads. If you want to help out in here then ask Husk, I had the idea but he's the Mod of this section.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    This topic is for those who require help to ask for it and for a few designated people to give help, I posted the link because it is a waste of space for everyone to post each pokemon on their team in a separate topic

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    ofcourse you can, I just thought you left =)

Sin

^^
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2006
    i didnt leave, just that i had to leave for a holiday to china where there's hardly internet access...and when i did get internet, i didnt post since i found nothing worth posting about =(

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Arena Trap
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Aerial Ace
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Bug]
    - Rock Slide

A true monster, traps weakend opponents and KO's them
    you have the option of using Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk) which would cover raikou and give you a chance at beating starmie, alakazam,and sceptile. If you don't have a raikou problem, the other 3 really shouldn't bother your team and your dugtrio should be adamant. Avenging the death of your team mates, is what makes this useful.

Pretty Boy Sean

Journeyman
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 15, 2007
    Houndoom @ Salac Berry

Overheat
    Crunch
    HP Grass
    Will-o-Wisp

Dragonite @ Leftovers

Dragon Dance
    HP Flying
    Ice Beam
    Earthquake

Starmie @ Leftovers

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Psychic

Gengar @ Leftovers

Shadow Ball
    Focus Punch
    Substitute
    Thunderbolt

leafgreen386

Custom User Title. Wow.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2006
    Houndoom @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 188 Spd / 252 SAtk / 68 SDef
    Timid (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Flamethrower
    - Crunch
    - HP Grass
    - Will-o-Wisp/Beat Up

Overheat on a purely Sp.attacker isn't very bright. Beat Up if you want to mess with Blissey.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
    No.
    Dragon Dance
    HP Flying
    Ice Beam
    Earthquake

The only reason to use Dragonite instead of Salamence is because of the SubPunchBoltBeamer set. And what do you get by adding IB to a DDer? The ability to mess up Salamence and Donphan? So can the SPBBer, and it meses with a lot more. The set you have here 4HKOs Skarm, as well, with only IB to use. Salamence outclasses Dragonite as a DDer. I believe Dragonite has been posted already, anyway.

Starmie @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 42 HP / 216 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Timid (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Rapid Spin
    - Thunderbolt
    - Recover

The all out sweeper Starmie may work, but not as well as Starmie with Recover, and Rapid Spin to blow away Spikes that your foe's Skarm has so kindly laid down for you. Although IB can be used to take down Mence, HP [Flying] deals enough damage that if Spikes are down, depending on how high or low the RN is that is plugged into the damge formula, you could get OHKOed the turn you switch in. When you look at the pokemon used in the current metagame, Psychic isn't that useful.

Gengar @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 SAtk
    Lonely (+Atk, -Def)
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Punch
    Substitute / Ice Punch
    Thunderbolt

Not sure if I got those EVs right. There is also a Gengar set more focused on Sp.Atks, using Destiny Bond.
    EDIT: You know, if you wanted your team rated, you could have just made a topic.

Last edited:
    Back