• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    I read a rumor that there are no gyms or E4 this generation instead we have to help our dad in Archeological digs and such. It this is true then that explains why we have seen so many new characters, in a way they are replacing the gym leaders with them.

If that's true that will kind of suck because I liked battling gyms and the E4 it was fun if they remove it will suck and what will Ash do in the anime?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It could be two teams since there seems to be two green haired guys, but it could be the same guy and he just goes crazy when those artifacts he has are complete.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'm still hoping that there are two different guys, maybe twins who battle for Naturalization and Industrialization, and have some sort of connection to Reshiram, Zekrom, Black City, and White Forest. The one with the hat has blue eyes (like Reshiram) and the other pic with the curly hair has red eyes (like Zekrom)...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm still hoping that there are two different guys, maybe twins who battle for Naturalization and Industrialization, and have some sort of connection to Reshiram, Zekrom, Black City, and White Forest. The one with the hat has blue eyes (like Reshiram) and the other pic with the curly hair has red eyes (like Zekrom)...
    That would be great plot :)

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    Plasma doesn't seem to fit. Let's say that it is Nature vs Industry, what does plasma have to do with that? And Ionic gas that we really haven't put to use and isn't found naturally on the planet. I see no connection. The sun's heat and light are the reasons for our survival, not the fact that it's made of plasma. I would expect two teams to be named according to the conflict.

Years
    Well we aren't sure if the theme is truely nature vs. artificial but I do think that their is high chance that they are based on that theme...so two teams won't be too bad :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    Most people are saying that this game is based on the whole nature vs industry thing and that has gotten me sorta confused, seeing as well..chemicals and Pokemon? I can understand the technological aspect, but I don't see the whole "nature" aspect and how these two are going to collide, and I also agree with you on how the evil team of this generation has anything to do with that.

But that's just me.

A lot of the "nature" argument comes from Reshiram being fire. Fire is in a sense nature while electricity is generally associated with technology and industry.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    In that sense, then the whole nature vs industry argument should've been with D/P/P, wouldn't it? Steel is technology(aka Dialga) and Water is nature(aka Palkia). It would make more sense in that position than just fire and electricity to me.

I agree with this. That, and electricity is used in technology but originates in nature, just like fire.

On a different topic I heard someone on PC say that they think that N has a twin and that they're the two team leaders. I think that would be very interesting, and a little reminiscent of RSE.

Years
    Well the theme would make for a nice duo team, one team wants to expand the cities and make it more urban for people, the other wants to make it more natural and less urban so they could make it better for pokemon, this would make for a RSE like plot which I like :)

Years
    I agree with this. That, and electricity is used in technology but originates in nature, just like fire.

On a different topic I heard someone on PC say that they think that N has a twin and that they're the two team leaders. I think that would be very interesting, and a little reminiscent of RSE.
    I saw something like that too but the person was just speculating, though it would make for a great plot, maybe each brother is part of a different team and they clash with each other...ah sibling rivalry...N said something about "Pokemon are friends" so maybe he's could be the naturalist brother while the other is the technological person...the only one does have that mechanical like scooter(or whatever it's called)...it would fit into the whole Nature vs. Tech theory of mine :)

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    In that sense, then the whole nature vs industry argument should've been with D/P/P, wouldn't it? Steel is technology(aka Dialga) and Water is nature(aka Palkia). It would make more sense in that position than just fire and electricity to me.

Palkia = Pearl = Water
    Dialga = Diamond = Steel (Diamonds are extremely hard)

I dunno why they did that but it is why they are those types.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021

That was my original idea, and yes, I think they are of separate teams but strongly related to the legends.

Years

That was my original idea, and yes, I think they are of separate teams but strongly related to the legends.
    I knew it came from you but wasn't sure myself :P. Yeah N looks like the nature brother while the other one looks like the technological one plus he has a scooter :P

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    While that also would've made sense, that wouldn't necessarily support the whole nature vs industry thing. As said, both fire and electricity are both nature, and not in any way man-made, so there cannot be any relation to technology vs nature.

But I'm saying, if anything, they would've incorporated the nature vs tech thing during fourth gen, but that's when it would've made the most sense, considering both of their types.

You are choosing to only look at one side of it. My television runs on electricity, does that make it natural? No. Cities and forests are the exact opposite. Fire is also a natural source of light while if I use an electric flash light thats natural to? No... and 'm sure you get it by now.

Also, their tails are based on a torch, and a generator.

Years
    Well we have White forest and Black City, Black city is technological, while White forest is natural that helps the Tech vs. Nature theory better than the types of the legends do :P

Years
    But we don't even know the whole history of both places, the purpose or anything. We just know the names and probably just a little bit more about them, but I doubt anything else, so that wouldn't necessary be supporting anything, really.
    Well it's a better for the theory than basing it on types :P
    Well they very well could, why must you always not agree with anyone :P?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back