• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bay

Years

• ...funny thing is he comes to this section a lot.

But yeah, thinking about that you're pretty much right. Both of them aren't worth the same amount and unless the amount is only worth as much as one berry is, then White would have an advantage over Black gamewise. It might make more sense if money was replaced with something else, but I'm not sure what could actually fill that role. UNLESS! It's money that's only exclusive to that city, sort of like the game corner coins.

Though raising base stats, maybe Iron, Carbos, etc will become obsolete?
    I actually meant the website, not the member. However, if the member Pokejungle is the webmaster of Pokejungle.net, um woops. Didn't know. D: I actually only visited Pokejungle a couple of times after some of my friends told me about that website and so far my opinion is there would be less rumors and more confirmation of the games.

Hm, could be the chance the money in Black City will be exclusive to that city. I wouldn't mind that. As for the raising base stats, could be a chance Iron, Carbos, and such might come obsolete.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yes, the member is the webmaster. XD;

This could also mean exclusive berries for White Forest too...

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Pokejungle is a guy? :surprised:I thought it was like first female Pokemon news person :laugh:

Anyway, the Kibago Ononusku thing is a rumour with high validility of being true.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I actually meant the website, not the member. However, if the member Pokejungle is the webmaster of Pokejungle.net, um woops. Didn't know. D: I actually only visited Pokejungle a couple of times after some of my friends told me about that website and so far my opinion is there would be less rumors and more confirmation of the games.

Hm, could be the chance the money in Black City will be exclusive to that city. I wouldn't mind that. As for the raising base stats, could be a chance Iron, Carbos, and such might come obsolete.

The webmaster of PokeJungle doesn't make up the rumors, he just finds then and posts them. I don't see a problem with that, especially if a few of the rumors become true!

Pokejungle is a guy? :surprised:I thought it was like first female Pokemon news person :laugh:

Anyway, the Kibago Ononusku thing is a rumour with high validility of being true.

Nah he is a dude. He is just really in touch with his feminine side.

Yeah, agree with you on there too. XD Too bad those berries won't taste good. D:

blackcity1.png
    whiteforest1.png

If the EV/IV raiser person rumor is true then the two people the player is talking to could be the person that does it. One thing is for sure: They have the same purpose.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Mistah Dude, one think I noticed about your information is your numbers are off.

If #150 Dragon/Electric (ZEKROM) (Pokemon #636) and there are 154 Pokémon in the isshu dex then there should only four more Pokémon. However according to this list there are #647 total which means there are 11 after Zekrom, making the total for Isshu 161?

So Zekrom's national number should be #643, which displaces some of the others, meaning anything from 'Fire #643' is definitely wrong no?

I really doubt this 'unlisted' thing :\ even Pokémon people never knew existed have had a Pokédex entry somehow. I really doubt that 11 Pokémon are left out, ESPECIALLY the supposed Legend Mascot of a third game.

Bay

Years
  • The webmaster of PokeJungle doesn't make up the rumors, he just finds then and posts them. I don't see a problem with that, especially if a few of the rumors become true!
    Yeah, I know Pokejungle posts the rumors he finds and he didn't make them up. Still, I'm not the biggest fan of rumors (whether someone made them up or found them from another source) as I tend to get disappointed right after if the rumors aren't true. XD

blackcity1.png
    whiteforest1.png

If the EV/IV raiser person rumor is true then the two people the player is talking to could be the person that does it. One thing is for sure: They have the same purpose.
    Hm, does anyone here know Japanese? XD; Maybe someone can check the pics real quick and read what the dialogue says.

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
    Years
  • The first one says something about lots of buildings reflected in glasses, and dizziness.

The second one talks about how the wind feels good.

Thats all I got from those pictures. But I've only been taking Japanese for two years.

Bay

Years
  • The first one says something about lots of buildings reflected in glasses, and dizziness.

The second one talks about how the wind feels good.

Thats all I got from those pictures. But I've only been taking Japanese for two years.
    Ah, okay. Thanks! :) And that's fine. At least you have some experience in Japanese more than me. D: I guess we'll go with this for now until someone with more advanced Japanese language skills comes along.

Looks like for now the rumors about paying for stat boosts and such are not confirmed/proven just yet. The pics could still give a clue in that, but I guess we'll just wait and see until more info is confirmed or when we manage to play the games.

solastalgia

dancing through life
    Years
  • Would an Ice/Dragon typing cancel out the Dragon's weakness to Ice moves? That would make the Pokemon so difficult to battle...

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Would an Ice/Dragon typing cancel out the Dragon's weakness to Ice moves? That would make the Pokemon so difficult to battle...

Dragon/Ice:
    2x Fighting
    2x Rock
    2x Dragon
    2x Steel

It wouldn't be too difficult, compared to Reshiram:

Dragon/Fire:
    2x Ground
    2x Rock
    2x Dragon

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • I always hoped that they would make Ice resist Dragon. Here's to hoping. =/ There's also a Dragon/Poison type listed...that could be the third legend. Though Ice is way more likely with the dual ice mountains.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    fire ice and electric(lightning) are traditional rpg elements and these games are based on yin and yang light and darkness also traditional rpg attributes
    i also heard that the water starters 3rd evo is samurai based
    sableye and mawile will have evos
    (huin city is Hiroshima)<my guees and im sure im right

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Dragon/Ice makes perfect sense. It would be a subtle nod to the Legendary Birds.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • I really doubt this 'unlisted' thing :\ even Pokémon people never knew existed have had a Pokédex entry somehow. I really doubt that 11 Pokémon are left out, ESPECIALLY the supposed Legend Mascot of a third game.

He meant in the same way as with Sinnoh's regional Pokédex. He did list examples.

Primal Ownage

~Pure Ownage~
    Years
  • Maybe Primeape should have a new evolution?
    Or Maybe even Kangeskan should have a pre evolution, a baby kangaroo!!
    'Cause those two pokemon are kinda plain . . . .

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I hope this latest rumor turns out to be truth. A Poison/Dragon is just awesome sounding and has to have a great sinister design.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I always hoped that they would make Ice resist Dragon. Here's to hoping. =/ There's also a Dragon/Poison type listed...that could be the third legend. Though Ice is way more likely with the dual ice mountains.

Fire, Electricity and Poison don't really go together.

Fire, Ice and Electricity fit together like a glove.

fire ice and electric(lightning) are traditional rpg elements and these games are based on yin and yang light and darkness also traditional rpg attributes
    i also heard that the water starters 3rd evo is samurai based
    sableye and mawile will have evos
    (huin city is Hiroshima)<my guees and im sure im right

Im pretty sure they already used Hiroshima, Japan for a previous game/city.

Mijumaru's special move is Shell Blade, and its evolution has the thing that Samurai's have around their waists.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back