• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters
Years
  • MegaRaichu, I would think. I mean, I would assume only the final evolution in the chain would get a Mega Form.

I do certainly like the idea of Mega Pokemon. I have already stated that it's a bit Digimon-y, but I can live with it. Although, some forms (Pfft, Ampharos) could use just a little bit more to them. (Like, how is that Ampharos part Dragon-type? Lol)

I can't wait for X & Y. They look great. C:

i say mega pikachu because as the mascot of pokemon he always get exclusive things...

someone here said that pokemon x and y gonna be the most selling games since red and blu-which is amazing! i have high expectation for this games!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • i say mega pikachu because as the mascot of pokemon he always get exclusive things...

someone here said that pokemon x and y gonna be the most selling games since red and blu-which is amazing! i have high expectation for this games!
    I think it's high time they make Raichu shine. They had a special Pichu, and Pikachu has an item that increases it's stats...and Raichu has...nothing...a Mega could encourage people to evolve their Pikachu's.

I'll like to see all the regional birds getting Megas. Nocowl can Megaevolve into a Psychic/Flying type. Imagine a Mega Staraptor... it could be made into Fighting/Flying. A Mega Talonflame can be coated in flames and look phoenix like. MegaSwellow can be Electric/Flying (I know it seems random but it can be hilarious in hindsight as the anime had golden armor Swellow). I don't know what they could do with the two regional pigeons though...

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • I'm still wondering how Korrina knows about Mega Pokémon, I guess she's a student at the tower of Mastery maybe? could she be a part time researcher alongside her jobs as Gym Leader and skater?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • The whole idea is silly and the item that allows it to happen isn't even IN THE GAME. It must be downloaded from somewhere else.

I have always wanted evolutions for Mawhile and Absol.... but Not like THIS!

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    I hope that any of the Pokémon with Mega-evolutions can Mega-evolve during battle.
    It would be kinda annoying to be limited to brand new obtained Pokémon, I'd like to be able to use Mega-Blaziken in battle using my shiny Blaziken.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • The whole idea is silly and the item that allows it to happen isn't even IN THE GAME. It must be downloaded from somewhere else.

I have always wanted evolutions for Mawhile and Absol.... but Not like THIS!

Only the Blazikenite is obtainable only through event, the official site states that all other Mega Stones can be found in the game itself in hidden areas.

I hope that any of the Pokémon with Mega-evolutions can Mega-evolve during battle.
    It would be kinda annoying to be limited to brand new obtained Pokémon, I'd like to be able to use Mega-Blaziken in battle using my shiny Blaziken.

The official site stated that Mega forms are temporary forms that Many Pokémon transform into only during battle as long they're holding their respective Mega Stone, they revert to normal when the battle ends.
    It's not restricted to new Pokémon.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
    Years
  • Overpowered Pokémon digivoled to... Even more powerful, super detailed and unneeded upgraded piece of Tauros that is only in the game to keep our attention!!

If Game Freak wants to impress us so very much, just give Mawile and Absol the evolutions everyone's bawling over. That would tide us over...

Years
  • Oh gawd, I keep eyeing up the scans and I am beginning to crush on these damn Megas!
    At least a couple of them. Maybe change to a game that I have loved for, hmm, about 16 years, it was just too overwhelming to completely alter the 3-stage evolution. Since, I am not at all into competitive battling, I really don't have a HUGE issue with this. And, who knows, I might begin to actually like them. For now, I feel neutral, which is a major change from yesterday - MAJOR!!!

I will definitely give this megalution thing a fair shake. I just wished they at least called them awaken formes or something, you know, not tacky :p

Years
  • I think it's high time they make Raichu shine. They had a special Pichu, and Pikachu has an item that increases it's stats...and Raichu has...nothing...a Mega could encourage people to evolve their Pikachu's.

Because Pikachu is the mascot gamefreak try over the years to improve it and make it useful without evolve it. And give it mega form is a perfect way to encourage people to use it.

I hope you are right and this generation they will promote Raichu(which i like alot unlike Pikachu which i really hate), but i found it hard to believe...

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
  • Soooo basically, A few selected Pokemon can go into Super Saiyan mode via holding it's respective MegaStone.

I personally approve it, as a change/twist. But take out nerf guns through out the time of its release to balance stuff, cause it just sounds OP as it is. Like come on,I can picture MegaLucario using a more powerful beefy Hadouken

Did they speculate how we getting the Stones? If they are rare to border line 99% extinction rare within the game and irl events, then that would be good.

And some of me is just like, some MegaPokemon are some what not necessary. ex, MegaAmphoros, MegaAbsol and MegaMawile should be regular evolution forms (Remove some streamers of random stuff that are like covering them). Mewtwo, Lucario, and Blaziken (Well sort of...meh...mixed about Blazy) are understandable. Cause you know, having Legendary Pokemon, borderline Legendary Pokemon, starter Pokemon and Pokemon who already have a 3 chained evolution stagers given extra evolution stages are apparently illegal to society, life, Mew and Arceus.

But I can't judge and condemn Mega Evolutions. I haven't tried them so My opinion is open other then that. BUT If my team gets their ish pushed in deep and gets wiped out by one or more Megas. I will demand a nerf bomb strike on their souls! Bllarg!

On the other topics. The new Pokemon look really cute...I want to kick them over a football post (I tend to kick plushies and cute, fluffy soft looking things, idk why. Call it a fetish? Don't judge me)

But yeaa I hope we get more leakage from GameFreak/Nintendo/Pokemon

Like I'm imagining the Pokemon that may have Mega Evo's. Mega Marowak, Gyarados, Sudowoodo, Exeggcutor, and Carnivine. And it's like awesome, but a bit painful stingy to see the Pokemon we got attach to...turning into total butt kicking, name taking, bamfs. Visually and appearance for them, I'm excited. Fighting them in battle, not really looking for the black outs I'm going to endure.

Mega Winter is Coming

*Icecold*

Years
  • Ah yes, I forgot about those new bunny thing and Gogoat pre-evo. I don't see a problem with them... I mean, sure more "generic rodents" but I for one love the generic rodents. Bibarel and Furret rock!

Now all I need is the evolution for Chespin and some cat Pokémon and I'm set.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    In my opinión, I see mega evolutions like a form to use a special, ultimate or something like that for pokemon (like smash balls in super smash that allows you to use a special move or mode or like in the final fantasy series when you are in trance mode or use an ítem or magic that allows you to use stronger versions of your attacks or different abilities or just increase your stats duing battle).
    We don't know yet how it will work, but it may be a good idea, who knows. The thing is if people will get used to it or simply complaint about it. New generation, new rules.

The new pokemon may look cute, but they may also get an evolution that may look scary, epic, strong, etc., also the new rodent of the region may also be able to use that strategy of the focus sash.

And I think, if blaziken is getting a mega, it would be obvious to speculate that the other starters of every region will get a mega to make things fair.

*Icecold*

Years
  • I know!! We should have mega evolutions for legendaries!!

Mew could be all tall and more shiny!! And Darkrai could be glowing in purple energy!! Ooh, ooh! Zekrom would have big muscles and Reshiram would have blonde flowing hair!!

Years
  • Mew has been getting nothing lately. Mew has no mega, has base stats that are lower than MewTwo's. Mew has no special item, and I think has had alot less events than Mewtwo. But releasing megas this way leads me to believe ethier in these versions or the sequel will be megas of these two main legendarys. MegaMew would be awesome tho. I hope they're not making Megas OP tho. They also NEED a posion mega. Posion still needs a boost.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • Does anybody even know why gamefreak does this kind of thing?
    It's obvious
    focus groups
    crappy focus groups that THINK they represent the rest of society, but they don't
    they don't know anything about what we really want

But this will probably work out well in the end, like it always does.

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
    Years
  • A lot of people in this thread seem to forget that the Mega Pokemon are an optional feature not a required one. I personally don't like the idea so I won't use it. *shrugs*

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    A lot of people in this thread seem to forget that the Mega Pokemon are an optional feature not a required one. I personally don't like the idea so I won't use it. *shrugs*

If they are not banned in Wi-Fi battles and Online tournaments they will be needed tho.

Back