• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Gilgαmesh

While the original Cofagrigus is supposed to represent gold, I think its shiny form is supposed to represent silver or some other gray mineral.

But it doesn't look more scarier to you? I mean, it does to me, sorta. xDD; Then again, both the shiny and the regular forms sorta creep me out, it being a coffin and all. :(

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • But it doesn't look more scarier to you? I mean, it does to me, sorta. xDD; Then again, both the shiny and the regular forms sorta creep me out, it being a coffin and all. :(

Yeah the purple, silver and black colours do make it look spookier than the normal colouration. I like those colours better, the mix well and gives it that scary-ghost-like feel.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020

Eh, I think it looks fine, personally. Also, there's another shiny I find quite interesting:

Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

I think this one looks sorta scarier than the original. :D or prettier. or both.

I like the shiny, I think this one gives it a more ghost look. Of course the other one does as well but most ghost Pokémon actually have this dark design, and I like it. :P

The Red Chain

Desu's shiny looks a tiny bit odd to me. It's pretty yes but the colors do not suit a traditional Egyptian coffin to me. XD;
    Maybe if it had black instead of a silverish color it would look a little less odd.

Ya know, there's a pair of shinies that I really wasn't too partial to for a while.. but I've come to love them! That pair is :

I adoreeee these two. :3
    I got my own shiny Mijumaru recently and I cannot -wait- to evolve it into that oddly colored but beautiful Futa. <333

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • i found out this one, and i fell in love with it <3

lol, just look at the playboy logo on it's head :P Guess it works in NY's playboy office xD Found that out now, so edited the post.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Ya know, there's a pair of shinies that I really wasn't too partial to for a while.. but I've come to love them! That pair is :

I adoreeee these two. :3
    I got my own shiny Mijumaru recently and I cannot -wait- to evolve it into that oddly colored but beautiful Futa. <333

Shiny Oshawott is adorable. :) I love the colour of its shell, body... everything tbh. B/W has some great colour choices.

@pokewalker: I prefer the voice forme shiny tbh, step is too... bright. XD

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    This duckling has somehow gotten cuter. How is that possible?! O.o

Does anyone else think that Dasutodasu has gone from being a pile of trash to a dust bunny?

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • This duckling has somehow gotten cuter. How is that possible?! O.o

Does anyone else think that Dasutodasu has gone from being a pile of trash to a dust bunny?

Ducky is so cute <3 The colours are perfect for it! A yellow colouration would have also looks awesome.

Dustbunny? No xD Slightly better to look at? Yes! I love that shiny, I am able to look at it again.

the Red Chain-- Shiny Oshawott is one of my favourite shiny <3 The pink shell and pale blue/purple body is so cute! I WANT ONE!

pokewalker

Years

• Shiny Oshawott is adorable. :) I love the colour of its shell, body... everything tbh. B/W has some great colour choices.

@pokewalker: I prefer the voice forme shiny tbh, step is too... bright. XD

Voice form looks so... ugly coloured :/
    Found out another one, do you like it? It looks so gold-looking to me xD

pokewalker

Years
  • So here are all the shinies:
    Spoiler:

Which one do you like best?
    EDIT: I like the Physic/Flying one best. Don't remember it's name >_>

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Shinpora? Or Woobat? (I...think those are psychic/flying. XD)

I like:
    cottonee, herdier, petilil, deerling, vanilluxe, swanna , reuniclus, litwick and reshiram + snivy, oshawott and emboar. yeah I'm using the unconfirmed English names so what.

Why? I dunno, I think their colours are sexy. Pluuuss Reshiram + Cottonee look like royalty. <3

pokewalker

Years
  • Shinpora? Or Woobat? (I...think those are psychic/flying. XD)

I like:
    cottonee, herdier, petilil, deerling, vanilluxe, swanna , reuniclus, litwick and reshiram + snivy, oshawott and emboar. yeah I'm using the unconfirmed English names so what.

Why? I dunno, I think their colours are sexy. Pluuuss Reshiram + Cottonee look like royalty. <3

Shinpora. And could you please use the jp. names because I don't understand those unconfirmed english names. I don't want to get spoiled >_>
    Here it is animated for those who don't know who Shinpora is:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't know many of the Japanese names for them... XD

Shinpora's shiny is still weird. Wouldn't you prefer something like Monmen's? ^____^ It's so amazing. And goldeeeen. Shinpora's is just like a basic shiny colour, idk, nothing stands out with it to me. XD;

pokewalker

Years
  • I don't know many of the Japanese names for them... XD

Shinpora's shiny is still weird. Wouldn't you prefer something like Monmen's? ^____^ It's so amazing. And goldeeeen. Shinpora's is just like a basic shiny colour, idk, nothing stands out with it to me. XD;

Dunno who Monmen is XD
    But Victini's is also awesome:
    Couldn't find a front animated shiny sprite >_>
    Conclusion: THEY'RE ALL AWESOME!!!

Elsword

I'm Not Sure About This
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2011
    Most of the shinies look pretty bad, in my opinion.

The colors just look so... pale.

Back