• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Years
  • Dunno who Monmen is XD
    Monmen is this scarry little Grass type Pokemon:
    Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

I like the normal sprite for Monmen more than the shiny one. It looks really cute with it's green leaf-like... leaves. I have no idea what those are. XD

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Because it's white? It lets me think of a vampire :P

Victini's shiny sprite as a whole is pretty overdone from the original in my opinion. XD; The vibrancy in its blue eyes and the dark orange is alright, but the white kills it for me. It doesn't suit it well and with the red, it contrasts a bit too much. This is one shiny I'll pass on obtaining. v_v

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

• Victini's shiny sprite as a whole is pretty overdone from the original in my opinion. XD; The vibrancy in its blue eyes and the dark orange is alright, but the white kills it for me. It doesn't suit it well and with the red, it contrasts a bit too much. This is one shiny I'll pass on obtaining. v_v
    Fortunately, the Victini in the Liberty Island event is programmed not to be shiny. So are Reshiram and Zekrom when you battle them in N's Castle, but not in the Dragon Spiral Tower post-National Dex.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    To be perfectly honest, I think alot of the Shiny forms of the Pokemon look like there colours got screwy and mixed up, and only some of them share the same style as the previous Shinies.

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    I'm still going with Erufuun. It's the cutest little thing ever.

This is definitely improved sprite when it became shiny.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • Last night right before 7 PM I hatched myself a shiny I have been hunting on and off since October. On the 1071 eggs, I hatched myself a Shiny Snivy though the Masuda Method! I am so excited I love it so much. <3

On 1/3/11 I caught a random Shiny Tabunne/Audino. And on 10/17/10 I hatched my first B/W shiny, a Munna on the 36th egg.

I can't post links yet, but if you really need proof just go to my Youtube page.

Snivy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dpjqwDbvNg
    Audino: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEB9huGoYmI
    Munna: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjbL30hgNJI

Speaking of Snivy's first evo. When I play through my English White, I will not evolve Snivy completely. I do not like Serperior's shiny form. The evolution stone will give Servine higher defense and special defense than Serperior. Combine that with Glare, Leech Seed, Coil, and Leaf Blade I will pwn.

----

So I've started on my Landlos hunt! I got in 100 SRs so far.

What I am going to do is dual SR. Since I have a Supercard DS Two, I can SR on my computer and DS (although, on my computer it's about half the speed of the actual DS game, so I don't get nearly as much as normally.) I calculated I could get about 5 SRs per minute. And I have a snow day, so I am going to SR for 30 minutes every hours. That's 150 SRs per 30 minutes at most. It'll probably end up around 120 though.

By 12:30 I should have over 500. I want to get to 800 today, maybe even 1,000.

This is me, without a life.

Edit: At 1,000! :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • This thread needs activity! D:

One of the B/W Pokemon I like much more in their shiny form is Genosect. That red suits it a lot more! Purple doesn't have that evil look which red gives. 8D

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    This thread needs activity! D:

One of the B/W Pokemon I like much more in their shiny form is Genosect. That red suits it a lot more! Purple doesn't have that evil look which red gives. 8D

Then activity it shall get!

I prefer this one from its original form as well. The only thing I really don't like about it is the pink fill for its robotic feet and hands. XD; Then again Genosect did go from dark purple to light purple tips. Pretty decent overall though.

Sigilyph

local psychopath
    Years
  • Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

This is my favorite shiny this Region, with Snivy coming in second. I can't wait until I am able to hunt for the thing and add it to my team. I already know what I'm going to name it, "thirteen." I don't know why, I just think it's fitting.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    This one is like, 500x cooler than any other shiny this gen:

I think that's a good shiny only because it can pass for a normal sprite more than its normal sprite. XD

Jak

daяk εco frεak
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 23, 2014
    I like every shiny that made a Pokemon pink tbh. v_v So that's like the duck, Escavalier, Virizion, and other Pokemon I can't think of.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • I've never seen the shinies listed below, but I know that I'm gunna catch 'em since they're so awesome!! :
    Chillarmy
    That Zebra Thingy
    Yorterry
    Victini
    That Leopard-Cat thingy
    Oshawott

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The best is Reshiram!

I mean look at him!! :3

I agree 100%. For once, I think a legendary actually has the best shiny sprite. Whether it's the design that makes it look that great or not, they defs got the shiny colouring right for this Pokemon. :D;

Vegas

┐('へ')┌ Like I cared
    Years
  • I love shiny Reshiram (too bad I can't get one, stupid shiny check ;w;).
    I also like Vanillite, Emboar, Chandelune and Volcarona's shiny formes a lot.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I have been really interested in the shinies lately, all yellow. idk why but they just really caught my attention.
    well munna I have always loved shiny.

but these two look so cute
    Tepig and Swoobat look really good shiny and I would plan on hunting a shiny in the future. Two of my favourite shinies now.

Back