• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
  • I've only sampled a few of the shinies:

497.png
    497.png

Jaroda: IMO,the shiny sprite is a major improvement from the original, sort of generic one. I disliked how the original had green and pale green overlapping (I know several Grass Pokemon do this, but on Jaroda it seems redundant...). Moreover, the yellow markings look like bananas, which doesn't exactly fit Jaroda's theme...

The shiny coloration, however, changes the redundant green into blue coloration. I especially like this because it represents "royal blue", implying Jaroda to be distinguished (which also ties in with its personality that is supposed to be hailing to European royalty, according to Ken Sugimori). Furthermore, the pale green is made into a more vibrant and refreshing green, coupled with the yellow markings becoming a paler yellow and not resembling a banana's coloration anymore... A nicely designed shiny...

500.png
    500.png

Enbuoo/Pignition/Emboar: The original coloration looks more menacing, IMO. But I love the shiny variant as well. It references how blue fire is even more powerful/hotter than fire with the standard orange/red color... I know the ability "Blaze" doesn't have an animation, but if it did, I would imagine Enbuoo with original coloration glowing red (like the back sprites of fire starters did in Pokemon Emerald Version), then gradually taking on the shiny color. Once Enbuoo turns blue, you know you're in trouble. :D

503.png
    503.png

Daikenki: I still dislike Daikenki's overall design (especially that oddly placed shell on its head that looks weird, and the freaky white mustache appendages)... However, I feel its actual sprite should have melded aspects of both the original and the shiny versions. The original sprite's shell colors, in combination the shiny sprite's navy blue skin and tannish yellow underbelly would have looked better, IMO.

643.png
    643.png

644.png
    644.png

Reshiram/Zekrom: These 2 legendaries had the most obvious shiny coloration possibilities ever! (black Reshiram w/red eyes and white Zekrom w/blue eyes, to tie into the whole yin/yang theme) These are the shinies of any Pokemon that have disappointed me the most... However, in compensation, I really like how Reshiram has gold accents added into its design (reminiscent of angelic halos); it makes me think that the shiny version should have been the original design. But I think that would take away from the point of all of Reshiram being virtually white, sans the eyes, for the yang concept.

Zekrom's shiny is just...bland, IMO. Just green paint spilled onto the original sprite... The 2 things both sprites got right for what I thought they should be is the eye color reversal...

I heard Kyuremu (the supposed third member to complement Reshiram and Zekrom) has a gray body and purple eyes for its shiny sprite, which is awesome. I haven't viewed its sprite since that particular Pokemon is a major spoiler I am trying to avoid for now. However, the gray-body purple-eyes concept is great news, since it combines the body and eye colors of Reshiram and Zekrom. :)

I'll probably have to resort to PokeSav for the shinies of Jaroda, Kyuremu, and possibly Reshiram... *sigh* I hate it when the good coloration of a Pokemon's design is the shiny variant, because it requires you to either gather up everything for PokeSaving the sprite or embark on the agonizing 1/8192 shiny hunt... Hopefully, there's an item either in BW or the "third version" that makes shiny hunting easier as the PokeRadar did in DPPt (sadly, the shinies I like so far are those "one-time Pokemon," so I can't exactly go 'hunting' for them in the wild... :().

Last edited:

The Red Chain

643.png

644.png
    644.png

Reshiram/Zekrom: These 2 legendaries had the most obvious shiny coloration possibilities ever! (black Reshiram w/red eyes and white Zekrom w/blue eyes, to tie into the whole yin/yang theme) These are the shinies of any Pokemon that have disappointed me the most... However, in compensation, I really like how Reshiram has gold accents added into its design (reminiscent of angelic halos);
    I agree all the way with you. I don't know how you can throw the concept of yin-yang into two Pokemon, and not reinforce it with the shiny variants. That was not anything more than laziness. I know they had to have thought of that at the very least.. it's not hard, even us fans thought of it. The good thing is they at least switched eye colors like we speculated. Blue went to Zekrom and red went to Reshiram in their shiny forms.

I will post later with my thoughts on some other shinies cause I have a lottt to say.

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I agree all the way with you. I don't know how you can throw the concept of yin-yang into two Pokemon, and not reinforce it with the shiny variants. That was not anything more than laziness. I know they had to have thought of that at the very least.. it's not hard, even us fans thought of it. The good thing is they are least switched eye colors like we speculated. Blue went to Zekrom and red went to Reshiram in their shiny forms.

I will post later with my thoughts on some other shinies cause I have a lottt to say.

I know! Though legendary version mascots tend to have their color match the version they are representing, Reshiram and Zekrom are colored the way they are for an explicit reason. This is even referenced in how they are depicted representing the "reverse" version, to even evoke the yin-yang theme on the box art. For these 2 particular legendary Pokemon, their coloration play a much higher role (and as a result holds a much greater meaning) than the colors of previous legendary version mascots. :\

I mean, where the heck did green Zekrom come from? :cer_confused: The only thing relating to that is the jade gemstone, which from what I have heard, is commonly associated with yin-yang. But it doesn't really make sense because Reshiram doesn't display that relation to jade at all; it still remains its original white color with gold additions.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • 640.png
    Now she truely is 'My Little Pony'

604.png
    So beutiful in this green.

595.png
    Look at his little purple eyes! <3

577.png
    AWWWEEEE!!
    580.png
    Haha adorable.
    558.png
    He is so awesome in this colour.
    563.png
    A modern day Egyptian coffin thingy.
    518.png
    Its ass is so blue O.o

631.png
    WOW awesome much
    618.png
    Slightly more tolerable.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • I am the world's proud owner of a shiny Desumasu.
    562.png

The only difference I see is that the mask became less valuable; it went from gold to silver.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Just going to comment on a few more shiny pokémon. :)

501.png
    573.png
    596.png

• Mijumaru - I've always seen Mijumaru as a gentle baby pokémon and with the light warm colors along with a nice baby blue, has it fit the title. This is one of my favorite shinies for Gen V and it makes me like Mijumaru all the more. The colors match nicely together; the light brown seashell blending in with a pretty blue. Overall this shiny is both decent and simple which keeps it at a good part.

• Chirachiino - Chirachiino has blissful shiny sprite. The colors are simple and similar to its regular sprite, and is nicely done. I love the purple/pinkish look inside the ears and the brown coats the white furs (or whatever it is o-o;) well. I prefer this shiny than to Chillarmy's as Chillarmy's shiny sprite is really purple/pinkish and wasn't brought to much attention by me as much as Chirachiino.

• Denchura - I simply adore this shiny. The dark blue and yellow match together perfectly and it has a sleek design. Another one of my favorite shiny sprites and also one of my favorite pokémon for Gen V.
    This is just my opinion for three of the pokémon that was brought to my attention in the beginning. <:

Last edited:

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • Hopefully the Masuda Method is in B/W as well. I am sending an English Ditto to my friend's Japanese Heart Gold. She will then transfer that English Ditto to her Pokemon White then trade it to my Pokemon Black just so I can get an English Ditto for the Masuda Method. XD

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Well, while training my little-wittle Bachuru. I found the same shiny Eurydice found. The shiny Kaburumo!

588.png

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I don't see much difference between the shiny Denchura and the original one, except the darkening of the colors (but that's just me).

635.png

Anyway, shiny Sazando makes me feel that it's more beast than the original version (but that's my opinion).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Tbh, I prefer the shiny one (Denchura), since it looks nicer than the normal one, which just... looks awkward? I mean, I love Denchura, but the shiny is far more superior than the normal sprite for reasons I can't quite figure out.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I don't see much difference between the shiny Denchura and the original one, except the darkening of the colors (but that's just me).

635.png

Anyway, shiny Sazando makes me feel that it's more beast than the original version (but that's my opinion).

Oh gosh...that's the shiny for Sazando? :cer_no: The original one annoyed me because the blue-red color scheme has already permeated through most of the Pokemon designs to date... On some Pokemon the blue-red scheme is nice/tolerable (Kyogre, Garchomp), but for others it looks forced (Probopass, sort of Gigaisu) or reminds me too much of Salamence, who already features it prominently...

Anyway, for some reason, the shiny Sazando is evoking the image of a mutated Barney... :( Maybe if the purple was changed, it would look better...?

King Gumball

Years

635.png

Sazando's colours dont make it look fierce in the shiny sprite. At all. Its looks are threatening but the colours are dull. A bright colour contrasting on a dark colour would work a thousand times better....

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Any tips on how to get a shiny faster? I was wondering if you can get a shiny from an in-game trade. I kind of want a shiny churine but I'm playing black right now...

Also is it possible to get a shiny legendary?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Don't know about the other things, but I do know that you can get a shiny legendary. Just keep soft resetting when you face a legendary, after you save. After many tries you'll get it!

I'm assuming you can get a shiny during an in-game trade, but it might be hard, though yeah, not sure.

Kamigoroshi

Moemon Hunter
    Years
  • I encountered (and successfully captured) a shiny Tamagetake almost immediately after I had entered route 6.
    Haven't used/trained it yet though since I'm not too fond of this pokemon species.

Attachments

• b-pokemonb_31_8667.png
      b-pokemonb_31_8667.png
      11.9 KB · Views: 34
    • b-pokemonb_01_13076.png
      b-pokemonb_01_13076.png
      12.3 KB · Views: 28
    • b-pokemonb_07_17406.png
      b-pokemonb_07_17406.png
      7.9 KB · Views: 32
    Last edited:

King Gumball

Years
  • I encountered (and successfully captured) a shiny Tamagetake almost immediately after I had entered route 6.
    Haven't used/trained it yet though since I'm not too fond of this pokemon species.

All these lucky people! Congrats it is so cute <3

The only shinies I have encountered are the ones that know Roar and Teleport :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    I'm assuming you can get a shiny during an in-game trade, but it might be hard, though yeah, not sure.

Hmmm..I read online something like if you caught a shiny pokemon and you use it in an in-game trade, the pokemon traded to you will always be shiny... But I'm not too sure. Anyone know if you can get a shiny from an in-game trade without your pokemon that you trade over being shiny?

If I can just soft reset to get a shiny Churine than I don't have to rely on luck hunting for a shiny Monmen.

Back