• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I was very annoyed when I encountered a shiny Litwick and realized I had no Pokeballs... -.-

-totodile42

Oh my god, I would have cried.

I caught a shiny Boldore in Victory Road :3 I plan on evolving it 8D

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years
    Emboar's shiny is my favorite. Gotta love a blue beard of fire.

Druddigon's shiny is my least favorite. It just looks horrible in my honest opinion.

Years
    I think I'll just copy n' paste the shinies I've found/got.

Staryu
    Zorua
    Volcarona
    Victini
    Snivy
    Ditto
    Bulbasaur
    Porygon+Evos
    Charizard
    Gyarados
    Meowth
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Giratina
    Regigigas
    Stunky
    Deino
    Thundurus
    Ralts
    Venipede
    Mudkip
    Yanma
    Yanmega
    Scizor
    Latios
    Latias
    Salamence
    Garchomp
    Deoxys
    Chimchar+Evos
    Darkrai
    Groudon
    Kyogre
    Rayquaza
    Golem
    Lickilicky
    Virizion
    Mincinno
    Mandibuzz
    Heatran
    Cressila
    Eevee
    Turtwig
    Metang
    Metagross
    Milotic
    Poliwag
    Rapidash
    Rhyperior
    Mew
    Meganium
    Murkrow
    Gligar
    Gliscor
    Lugia
    Hariyama
    Flygon
    Registeel
    Shinx
    Mothim
    Gible
    Gabite
    Mesprit
    Serperior
    Musharna
    Maractus
    Reuniclus
    Eelektross
    Haxorus
    Golurk
    Zweilous

Yep, I have a lot XD.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    I got 2 B/W shinies, an Audino (sigh) and a Frillish with the worst IVs ever and a Sassy nature... Although I am hunting atm.

boktor666

I Learnz hacks.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    Sweet appearance

So today, I was looking around for a pokemon to add to my dex and team for online. Was looking around for 30 minutes or so, and then it happend.. Solosis popped out, the one i was looking for! BUT it was even better! it was a shiny! this made my day so much.

Caught it with luxury ball

But not only is that the only awesome shizzle, its got magic guard as ability! Although im doubting about its nature, Naive, it is like awesome sauce.

But i would like your thoughts on the nature?

Oh and what was your first shiny ever?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So today, I was looking around for a pokemon to add to my dex and team for online. Was looking around for 30 minutes or so, and then it happend.. Solosis popped out, the one i was looking for! BUT it was even better! it was a shiny! this made my day so much.

Caught it with luxury ball

But not only is that the only awesome shizzle, its got magic guard as ability! Although im doubting about its nature, Naive, it is like awesome sauce.

But i would like your thoughts on the nature?

Oh and what was your first shiny ever?

Firstly, congrats on finding it! Buuuttt... this doesn't need its own thread, so I merged this with shiny discussion. Plus, your first shiny ever would belong in Pokemon Gaming Central, but this already seems to be covered by the following thread [ here. ]

boktor666

I Learnz hacks.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011

Firstly, congrats on finding it! Buuuttt... this doesn't need its own thread, so I merged this with shiny discussion. Plus, your first shiny ever would belong in Pokemon Gaming Central, but this already seems to be covered by the following thread [ here. ]

Hehe, i know, i missed the topic, i found it right after posting it -_- sorry

Flashmeteor

Awkward silences are the best.
    Years
    I'm currenting hunting a shiny Munna to evolve into a Shiny Musharna..

OH HOW BAD I WANT ONE! O:<

Molts

Novice Breeder
    Years
    Few days ago I saw a shiny litwik, the first ever shiny I've ever seen in the decade of playing these games. And I killed it on accident... there was much sadness that day...

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Few days ago I saw a shiny litwik, the first ever shiny I've ever seen in the decade of playing these games. And I killed it on accident... there was much sadness that day...

:'( That's so sad... I think you need a taco.

I happen to currently be breeding for a shiny Litwick... or, at least I was. I'm taking an extended break so that I may play through SS. Before my break though, I had no luck...

I own three shinies... two were from trades and one was because I got really lucky in Emerald... I hope I find some good shinies soon... (like Solosis :3)

Years
    Good luck with your Litwick breeding, Nakuzami. A few weeks ago I hatched the shiny Litwick I was breeding for, so I know how annoying it is. Stick with it, and I'm sure it'll happen quickly. ^^;

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Welp, SR'ing Cobalion, and RE'ing for Tranquill and Mandibuzz on black, I plan to Masuda Archen after these hunts are done. That also really sucks, Molts. Shiny Chandelure is awesome, maybe you should (if you have enough time) go hunting for a shiny Litwick?

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2011
    When you encounter a shiny is it pretty obvious, or are they easily missed for the untrained eye? I don't *think* I've seen any yet, but I can't be sure...

Molts

Novice Breeder
    Years
    When you encounter a shiny is it pretty obvious, or are they easily missed for the untrained eye? I don't *think* I've seen any yet, but I can't be sure...
    Shinies for MOST pokemon are very obvious, some are a slightly less. ALL shinies play a sound effect, and show pretty sparkle shiny effect when the battle starts as well.

Nakuzami, thanks for the kindness, I wish you luck in your breeding, I own 2 shinies, both from trades. Though one of my shinies is was traded... rather oddly.

I was perusing the GTS, and I found a lvl 100 mantine shiny, and the person wanted a lvl 9 or lower espeon. I was freaking out, so I spent all day finding an eevee in my older games, trading it over, breeding it to get a freshly hatched eevee, then grinding the battle subway for like 3 hours. I don't have a very good team in my white game at the time (still don't actually) so getting enough BP to buy enough vitamins to max happiness without leveling up the eevee was hard. XD I successfully did it, finally getting a lvl 4 espeon, and trading for the lvl 100 mantine, maxed EV's possibly IV's, shiny over the GTS.

Thats why you should always check out the GTS once a while. XD

Hooh54, how does one go "shiny hunting"? I've been playing for close to 12 years, and that litwik was the first ever shiny I've seen in my life. The odds are against me for finding another. >.<

Last edited:

Cerious

Anti-Lawnmower Advocate
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2011
    I've found two so far, a shellder and a tympole. Traded both, accidentally underestimated the value of the tympole-- live and learn...

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    I'm thinking of evolving my shiny Larvesta, because I just found out that Volcarona also has Flame Body, which helps with my breeding. I'm not a good judge of appearance, so do you think I should evolve it, or just leave it as a Larvesta?

Katja

Years
    I've never found a shiny in game yet. T_T Out of all the Pokemon games since...There were shinies.

Back