• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

TheCondor

Noblesse oblige
Years
  • I got a Larvesta in a trade once before I actually got the egg in-game. Then I bred it, hopefully to get one with the opposite gender. Surprisingly enough when I hatched it, it turned out to be a shiny. Funny thing though, the guy who traded it to me had been matsuda methoding a shiny Larvesta for quite some time now.

vagrantwanderer

Saturated Sarcasm
    Years
  • Just my shiny oshawott...Which is now a Samurott. I would love to get a shiny Eevee/Umbreon, Munchlax/Snorlax, or Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon. Right now I'm SRing for Bulbasaur and the lvl. 75 Volcarona- which might be a good trade pokemon for one of the other shinys I want. Has anyone else SRed for Volcarona??

Geo_mani

Can't wait until spring!
    Years
  • I encountered a shiny gurrdur just when i wasn't excepting it!It was in twist mountain!

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I found my first shiny in Black a while ago, just a Lillipup. I caught it, and now want to go after a shiny Kyurem, but i sidelined it. Not sure if I should go back to Cobalion or try to SR Kyurem, decisions decisions.

Moimalade

Absolute Legend
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 9, 2011
    I got a Shiny Litwick which is now a Chandelure from using the Masuda method which I love and I plan to get a cofagrigus now :D

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I got a Shiny Litwick which is now a Chandelure from using the Masuda method which I love and I plan to get a cofagrigus now :D
    Hey I recently caught a shiny Litwick! That was my second shiny encounter in my life so I was very happy. And I happen to really like Chandelure's shiny version so I'm planning on training it. I also really love Reuniclus' shiny, one of my favs.

boyblunder

[span=“background:#dc4b3 8 url('https://i.imgur.co
    Years
  • I've got quite a few, but none are caught by me.
    My favorites are Deoxy and Uxie and Treecko.

Musharna

~random artist appeared~
    Years
  • I haven't seen any so far and I'm already on route 10. But maybe someday, though I'm not sure if I'd recognize one even if I did see *laugh*

But I think the shiny Purrloin looks pretty good! As well as Litwick.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2011
    Recently caught my first shiny Pokemon in the Black&White series (shiny Boldore), after months of game-play.

I've recorder it and uploaded it to youtube, but unfortunately i'm not allowed to post links to other 'sites' until i reached 15 posts.

If you'd like to see the video, search on youtube Pokemon White Shiny Boldore , and select the video of the user snowkids12345 (thats my account), or PM me and i'll send you the link!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Recently caught my first shiny Pokemon in the Black&White series (shiny Boldore), after months of game-play.

I've recorder it and uploaded it to youtube, but unfortunately i'm not allowed to post links to other 'sites' until i reached 15 posts.

If you'd like to see the video, search on youtube Pokemon White Shiny Boldore , and select the video of the user snowkids12345 (thats my account), or PM me and i'll send you the link!

Just letting you know that this thread hasn't been posted in for over a month and about a week but since it was once a pretty active thread in the past, and considering that the death was only recent, I'm going to keep it open (posting here just so we don't receive reports).

For next time, have a look at when the thread was last posted in, if it's been over a month then you're free to remake it and if not, then yeah it's fine.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I haven't seen any so far and I'm already on route 10. But maybe someday, though I'm not sure if I'd recognize one even if I did see *laugh*

But I think the shiny Purrloin looks pretty good! As well as Litwick.

Trust me, if you're paying attention to the game, you will notice. :P It wouldn't be surprising if you got through the entire game without seeing any shinies, that's what happened with me.

My boyfriend went out and caught a shiny Axew and trained it up to be a shiny Haxorus. So cool looking @-@

Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Khall

Permafrost
    Years
  • A while back, I was leveling up my Zweilous by battling Audinos, and I ran into a shiny one. My boyfriend was sitting in front of me, and I accidentally kicked him when I found it. xD

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    A while back, I was leveling up my Zweilous by battling Audinos, and I ran into a shiny one. My boyfriend was sitting in front of me, and I accidentally kicked him when I found it. xD
    Wow nice. :P I always thought I'd run into a shiny Audino eventually, since they seem to love appearing the most in the shaking grass for me. That still has yet to happen for me though. Congrats on the find!

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Lost a shiny Lillipup the other day. :/ Started a new game, and right after your mom gives you the running shoes, I encountered it. Even with 2 pokeballs, I was unable to catch it; I was too afraid to weaken it even further.

That one stung for awhile. :disappoin

Druddigon

Arceus Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2011
    Thank god shiny pokemon sparkle during battle, or else you wouldn't fricken know if you got a shiny Tynamo!

BTW, encounter ratio for him, non shiny is 1:12.5.. Easily the hardest to get shiny, or one of the hardest atleast..

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I have found two shiny pokemon since I started playing White. I have a shiny Blitzle, and have also found a shiny Durant. I don't really care about either of them, but having them isn't so bad. I plan on just trading them for other pokemon I may want.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]
    Archeops will always be the best shiny sprite in B/W. His normal sprite looks like it was bleached a little and lost its color.

And sadly no; i have not seen ONE shiny yet. I feel like as the generations go on, it gets harder and harder to find em...

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2011
    Got a shiny Kyurem last night, traded with someone on Yotuube,

Not quite sure whatever it's hacked or not, :(

Saerith

Fear My Glitter!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 5, 2012
    No shinies yet, hoping for a shiny litwick (I'm breeding)

Back