• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official US Release Date Confirmed - 14th March 2010

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Confirmed today officially by Nintendo press release and the official Pokemon website.

http://www.pokemon.com/#heartgoldsoulsilver
    http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=21389
    On the portable side, Nintendo's hand-held systems will see the arrival of a number of diverse games, including the eagerly awaited Pokémon™ HeartGold Version and Pokémon™ SoulSilver Version on March 14. Pokémon HeartGold Version and Pokémon SoulSilver Version allow fans to return to the scenic Johto region first introduced in the beloved Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver games. The games have been fully enhanced with rich graphics, updated sound, new touch-screen controls and much more.

So Amazon's change of date turned out to be true - hurrah for that - March >>> May IMHO. =P So discuss/celebrate away, I suppose, ye Americans and people who will import from there. (Like me!)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah its a sad day for America, we are no long priority since Korea is getting theres in February. Still, Im excited!!!

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • Finally, a confirmed release date so the speculation can stop =P I don't know if I'll get it right away or not though.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Nice, I'll be importing HG from the US, I WANT THE GAME CORNER, stupid that UK & Europe can only buy coins from them now rather than win them.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Finally, a confirmed release date so the speculation can stop =P I don't know if I'll get it right away or not though.
    You forget that there'll still be speculation about Australia's and more so Europe's release dates though. =P

Years
  • How come it takes so long for translations? A company that large.....it's strange xD
    Hope I have enough money when it comes out :D

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Bravo! Magnífico!

I can't wait! :]

I'm glad I can get it here in Mexico, like a week before its official release date, lol.

Last edited:

metalleg

Relax
    Years
  • You forget that there'll still be speculation about Australia's and more so Europe's release dates though. =P

Yeah, hopefully Australia will get it at the same time as the US of A
    although with the precedent of Platinum, it doesn't seem likely....
    but anyways, I'm still positive about the news^^

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Yay, I'm going to get a gift card, filled with $200, and buy the game and guides when they come out. And NOW! This gives me a reason to come on more.

SO HAPPY. :) BEST NEWS OF THE NIGHT. :)

Tears In The Rain

Thirsty, purposeless Vampire
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    MARCH FREAKING 14TH! Damn why are they so mean to us, why are we like last! I don't know how well I can hold out that long. :'(

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    We are by no means last. Ever heard of Europe? And I'm going to go bounce about my room now. Yaaaaay!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • How come it takes so long for translations? A company that large.....it's strange xD
    When you look at how long it normally takes it's right in the usual time taken slot - when it comes to major games like these, thy don't rush things. Plus on top of the translation (which would be more than usual I'd guess given the extra features and the two regions meaning more NPCs talking to you about the wonders of Pokemon), there's having it run through for game ratings (and the same with other countires - for instance Australia had Platinum get a G-8+ or something due to the game corner), and they also do game testing for bugs, etc.
    Yeah, hopefully Australia will get it at the same time as the US of A
    although with the precedent of Platinum, it doesn't seem likely....
    but anyways, I'm still positive about the news^^
    I'd say probably not. The last few instances Australia has been after America, and will probably be so again by a month or two - my guess is though it'll be before the European release as usual. And as pointed out just now it's April apparently. But importing may be an option if available to look into - it ends up being the same thing as the US version at any rate, down to it using the US English in past cases.

Mind you back with GS Australia got GS a couple of days before America - both nearly 11 months after Japan, and Europe another half a year afterward us. And then Korea a further year later... compared to now where Korea are getting it the month before America. Luckily for them a lot has changed, it appears.
    Not really. Reportedly TPCI mentioned that Australia would receive copies in April. What's unknown is whether the Australian version features the Game Corner, as HeartGold and SoulSilver have received a G rating instead of a PG rating like Platinum, and are not tagged with "Mild gambling references".

For this reason, I'm importing.
    Cool... but an extra month wait means I'm importing too. XD (And there's still the European speculation... I recall many a thread on multiple forums of people wondering when Europe would get D/P so who knows). I do hope Australia would have the Game Corner though for those who will wait for the game.
    MARCH FREAKING 14TH! Damn why are they so mean to us, why are we like last! I don't know how well I can hold out that long.
    As mOOg pointed out, you're the third place in the world (as far as we know) to get the game, far from the last. =P

blendaz

Yo, Champ in the making!
    Years
  • Yes! Now i can be happy for sure :] (i knew about it from Amazon when changed the release date but i wasn't sure)
    Anyway ... i will have to purchase it from somewhere since i cant go to the US :[
    Maybe from amazon ... we'll see :P

Back