• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Wi-Fi Summer League Discussion Thread

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Official Wi-Fi Summer League Discussion Thread

PC's Official Wi-Fi Summer League
    Enjoy some sun, swimming, and perhaps a Pokemon battle!

Hi all. You may be wondering what this thread is all about. Well, it's an idea that has been floating around my head for a few weeks now and am now getting around to putting it together. The purpose of this thread is to be the central thread of organization for a massive, community-wide league that offers the chance to earn recognition, experience, and prizes! More on prizes and the other aspects of the league will come later. You may ask why did I decided to put together a league. Well, I felt that with school out, people would have more time for battling and instead of the same old boring clans and battle me now thread, a massive forum wide tournament would be a nice change of pace. Now onto more important matters: how the league's going to work.

How the League is going to work...

• At first, all participants will be divided up into several brackets.
    • These early rounds will run in the round robin-like style. In this style, there is no elimination. Instead, depending on the outcome of each battle, the participants will earn a number of points.
    • Each participant will start off with ten points.
    • For each victory, you will earn three points.
    • For every loss, you will lose two points.
    • For example, let's say Johnny and Hannah just battled each other. Johnny has twelve points and Hannah has eleven. If Hannah were to win, her point total would now be fourteen. Since Johnny lost, his point total would now be ten.
    • The tournament will be divided into battling periods. At the end of each battling period, which will usually last around a month, prizes will be handed out for certain accomplishments. A few examples of reward-earning accomplishments are: top points earner in league, top points earner in bracket, most victories, and longest winning streak.
    • In order to retain participation in the league, you must battle at least six times in each battling period. If you do not meet this requirement, you will be struck from the list and someone will assume your spot in the next battling period. This may be appealed by writing me a PM why you were inactive and why you think you should be allowed in the tournament. However, if you are accepted back into the league, you will be unable to earn any prizes from that battling period. However, you may only battle a maximum number of twenty times per battling period.
    • There will be several league officials who will help to resolve disputes, announce prizes, etc. Officials must be experienced, respectable members. They will not be participating in the league to prevent any bias in decision-making. Because of this, I'm looking for members who don't have Wi-Fi who'd like to help.
    • If you manage to 6-0 someone, you'll earn an Immunity Token. An Immunity Token's use is to prevent the loss of points when one loses. So if you 6-0 someone early on in the tournament, you'll earn an Immunity Token. Then if you lose later in your bracket, you can void your point loss. Tokens expire at the end of each battling period.
    • At the end of August, the first stage of the League will come to a close. Depending on the number of participants, the top point earners of the league will be placed in a single elimination bracket. Those who win their brackets are guaranteed a place in the final bracket. Seeding will be based on the number of points obtained throughout the league.
    • Whoever manages to win the final bracket will declared the Summer Champion of the PokeCommunity. The winner will be given a very special, rare prize for their accomplishment. All participants in the final bracket will be given a rare prize as well.

How do you sign up?​

Fill out this form correctly and you're in.

Name:
    Time Zone: (This is important for placement in a particular bracket. This is necessary so that participants are paired up with people who will be on at around the same time as them. This is to ensure the excuse 'BUT NO ONE IS ON WHEN I'M ON' can be used.)
    Friend Code:

See, it's pretty simple. Don't mess this up.

You didn't think there wouldn't be any rules did you...​

1. No asking what the prizes are going to be. There's no way I'll tell you and all you will do is make me angry.
    2. No bypassing the character limit in this thread. If you don't have anything productive to say, don't bother posting.
    3. No hacked Pokemon allowed. This is to ensure as fair of a fight as possible.
    4. These clauses will be active during the tournament. No exceptions. Breaking a clause will result in a loss of points depending on the offense:
      • Sleep Clause
      • Species Clause
      • OHKO Move Clause
      • Uber Clause
        • Mewtwo
        • Mew
        • Lugia
        • Ho-oh
        • Latias
        • Latios
        • Groudon
        • Kyogre
        • Rayquaza
        • Wobbuffet
        • Deoxys (Except Speed form)
        • Darkrai
        • Arceus
        • Shaymin (Not Released)
        • Palkia
        • Dialga
        • Giratina
        • Manaphy
      • Evasion Clause
      • No Hax Items (Brightpowder / Focus Band / etc)
      If you need a clause explained, ask.
    5. Since this is a Wi-Fi tournament, the results will depend on me trusting the participants. So please be honest when reporting the results of battles.
    6. If both participants in a battle cannot agree on an outcome, the battle will be voided and both participants will lose two points.
    7. No disclosing your opponent's team.
    8. Repeatedly breaking rules may result in expulsion from the league or loss of points.
    9. Rules are apt to change in the future to fix any problems that may arise.

Tournament Officials

• Blueberry
    • Syaoran
    • BeachBoy

I would like to start by June 21st so please sign up now. Any legitimate questions / sign ups may occur in this thread.

Last edited:

FourFourTwo

*used calm mind*
    Years
    • Age 35
    • NYC
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    I will totally join this. I will have to battle after 10pm EST, though, seeing as I'm holding 2 jobs this summer and will be in Europe for 9 days in early August. I'll MOST LIKELY have access to Wi-Fi there, though, so I hope it all works out.

Also, can you make something in the rules about not disclosing the opponents team? Sometimes, the element of surprise is best. :)

Name: FourFourTwo
    Time Zone: EST
    Friend Code: 2878 6604 9385

(FIRST POST, WOO!)

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Name: Mr.Postman
    Time Zone: Pacific -7 GMT
    FC:
    4425 1371 5707
    Always up for a tourny :D
    Sign me up please.

Last edited:

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    Name: Bishop
    Time Zone: MDT (GMT -6)
    Friend Code: 3651-8559-8001

Last edited:

GeneralGuy

Competitive Pokémon Expert
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    Name: GeneralGuy
    Time Zone: EST
    Friend Code: 3136-7343-8724

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    I knew I was forgetting something. Please add your Friend Codes to your sign up as well. And I'll edit that rule in.

MATTFO0

yo
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2011
    Name: matt
    Time Zone: Pacific (Seattle)
    FC: 5026-3830-6873

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    I'd just like to let everyone know that the member Syaoran is now a tournament official. If anyone reading this but doesn't have Wi-fi and wants to participate in some way, PM me and there's a chance you may become a Tournament official too.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2008
    Name: Tom
    Time Zone: Eastern Standered Time(EST New York)
    FC:2363 6495 6359

oh and quick question, what's a species clause?

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2008
    okay no problem then and one more question my yanma that I got over the GTS oddly enough is in a master ball so it's probly cloned but I checked out it's stats and there all normal so I can still use it right?

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    As long as their stats / abilities aren't altered, I don't care.

Hiroshi Uwishicarwei

Darkness...
    Years
    In-Game Name: Lucas
    Time Zone: Eastern Time, U.S.A.
    Friend Code: WARNING! My Friend Code may reset due to a Wi-Fi Connection error! If anyone has battled me, Pri.M!* If I post a message on the Thread saying something similar to my Friend Code resetting. Delete me off your Pal Pad. All friends that are on mine will be gone. This is my current one right now: 2492 4970 6855

Asterisk (*) Indicates: Pri.M is Private Message. Pro.M is Profile Message. Useful for forums.

Just Darth

Dude.....LIke Totally Dude....
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2011
    I'd Like to join....

Name:Joje
    Time Zone: Erm... The UK's time zone (GMT+1)
    Friend Code: In sig

Back