• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Wi-Fi Summer League Discussion Thread

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    what the heck!!!!!!!!!! both garchomp and darkrai are ubers...........they are both staples for my team. i could do without darkrai, but garchomp, i doubt it. i find this really unfair. garchomp shouldnt even be considered an uber, hes only a little bit better than the other dragon types. ubers should only be legendary pokemon

Garchomp is allowed. Darkrai isn't allowed ANYWHERE. You obviously don't know competitive rules. You sure you want to join?

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Name: Ryan
    Time Zone: EST
    Friend Code: 5026 3927 2336 (Edit: it's correct now. heh.)

Garchomp is allowed? Boo...we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    Name: Xairmo
    Time Zone: Pacific (I'm not exactly sure what it's called >.< I'll look it up and edit)
    Friend Code: 3566-0294-1913

Kit-Tsukasa

Shiny Mew and Espeon Lover
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Boo... this means a lot of jolly chomps will be on the run just trying to outspeed others. Only Jolly chomp I have is Porygon-Z but it's not that good and not really part of my team. Don't want to use it just because I need a Garchomp counter or something that can OHKO it. :\

# Uber Clause

* Mewtwo
    * Mew
    * Lugia
    * Ho-oh
    * Latias
    * Latios
    * Groudon
    * Kyogre
    * Rayquaza
    * Wobbuffet
    * Deoxys (Except Speed form)
    * Darkrai
    * Arceus
    * Shaymin (Not Released)
    * Palkia
    * Dialga
    * Giratina
    * Manaphy
    * Wynaut
    * Phione

Why are Wobuffet, Phione, and Wynaut on the list? Wobuffet was recently dropped to OU on Smogon. Wynaut I'm pretty sure it's easy to KO with almost anything in OU environment and Phione is just pathetic.

Anyways, I would join, but I probably shouldn't since I bet I'll get complaints regarding me disconnecting when it really is just my wifi being stupid sometimes and that I'm just a waste of someone's time with about half of my current favorite team being BL/UU pokemon (ie a level 100 Pachirisu that I've had since the beginning of the game XD)

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    It shouldn't matter that much if you don't use Pokemon like Phione, but because Garchomp is now allowed, the balance to PC's list has to be restored for this league, therefore Wobb is now Uber again.

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
    Years
    Wynaut is banned for its ability. Since Phione is actually allowed in UU, there might not be a reason to ban it, though I have no clue if it is obtainable in game.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    Wynaut is banned for its ability. Since Phione is actually allowed in UU, there might not be a reason to ban it, though I have no clue if it is obtainable in game.

Of course Phione is obtainable in game. Get manphy from ranger, trade to d/p, breed manphy with ditto, results in a Phione.

Lumine

Basement Cat
    Years
    Yeah why not? I'll join.

Name: Lumine
    Time Zone: GMT+9 (Perth, Australia)
    FC: 1375 4598 8027

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
    I'll sign up.

Name: Lady Nicole
    Timezone: GMT, not taking into account daylight saving; the Greenwich meridian has NOT moved >=[ ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FC: 2578 0871 5497

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
    Years
    I better get a move on with my training.

Name: Red Rain
    Time Zone: GMT (England)
    Friend Code: 5412 6493 1166

Pikachu™

Pika Pika!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2019
    Name: Fiery Chimchar
    Time Zone: GMT+1
    Friend code: 2277 7013 0002

count me in

Last edited:

Kit-Tsukasa

Shiny Mew and Espeon Lover
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012

Wynaut's ability is Shadow Tag, but is extremely inferior compared to Wobuffet and can probably be OHKO'd by almost anything when all but ubers are allowed.

Also, I thought Garchomp was not banned from what I've been reading here in the first 2 pages O_o? So how would banning Wobuffet but unbanning Garchomp make anything fair when Jolly Chomps are on the run wreaking havoc on all the other pokemon out there.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Wynaut's ability is Shadow Tag, but is extremely inferior compared to Wobuffet and can probably be OHKO'd by almost anything when all but ubers are allowed.

Also, I thought Garchomp was not banned from what I've been reading here in the first 2 pages O_o? So how would banning Wobuffet but unbanning Garchomp make anything fair when Jolly Chomps are on the run wreaking havoc on all the other pokemon out there.

Because Garchomp lacks the ability to trap a Pokemon and almost always kill it. However I will say that you can't switch much into a Garchomp.

Dav

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2008
    name- Echoes
    timezone- gmt +1 uk
    fc-4425 2273 8601

my first post

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Okay, for the first battle cycle Garchomp will be allowed and Wobbuffet will not. If you really want to use Phione or Wynaut, go right ahead. I'll remove them from the list if it bothers everyone so much.

Back