• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Old] HG/SS Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayselipera

I just bought the dratini and I received it at level 15 :) Since I didn't catch the pokemon, will it disobey me if I don't have high enough badges for it when the dratini is a higher level?

A Pokemon will only disobey you if you received it from a trade. If you bought it from a game corner then there's no need to go rush and get badges. You can start training it right away.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Im picking up a new DS when i pick up my gold or silver tonight

Is there any benefit to having a DSI over a DSLite for this game?

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Im picking up a new DS when i pick up my gold or silver tonight

Is there any benefit to having a DSI over a DSLite for this game?

The DS lite has a GBA slot, which would allow you to migrate pokemon from the GBA pokemon game to pal park.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    The DS lite has a GBA slot, which would allow you to migrate pokemon from the GBA pokemon game to pal park.

so is that it really? i cant find any of my old GBA games anywhere after i moved anyways.

are there any other benefits?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Yes, ignore Panique! In HG/SS Kanto has a Palpark instead of the safar zone there in Fuchia City!
    Thanks! And one more (I know, this is getting annoying) but can you walk with no pokemon following you? I mean like keeping all your Pokemon in their ball?

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    i seen on Bulbapedia that there is a event comming out tomorow with the relace of hgss but i cant find any info abouit it anyone know any thing? also if there is a event would i just bring my ds to like gamestop?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    i seen on Bulbapedia that there is a event comming out tomorow with the relace of hgss but i cant find any info abouit it anyone know any thing? also if there is a event would i just bring my ds to like gamestop?

There are two.

1) New York's Broadway Plaza's Toys R Us will host Hg/Ss party to promote the PokeWalker complete with a makeshift route, and others are having smaller related parties.
    2) Chuggaaconroy on YouTube will be starting a Let's Play of Pokemon Crystal in HD to celebrate to the release of Hg/Ss.

Also there is no need to post the same thing twice. People will see it, even if it isn't the last one on the thread, so don't panic.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Can you buy coins in the Gc like in the originals?
    In the Japanese version you can, but since the slot machines were replaced with a minigame instead to get coins for all versions outside of Japan, the ability to buy coins also disappeared. (But you can't lose coins when you play, only gain them).

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • In the Japanese version you can, but since the slot machines were replaced with a minigame instead to get coins for all versions outside of Japan, the ability to buy coins also disappeared. (But you can't lose coins when you play, only gain them).

wow thats awesome thanks!

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2010
    I'm trying to get a Kings rock and after searching online for how to find one. I see that it's a prize available in the pokeathlon prize table. However, I'm playing right now, and only half the prizes listed for saturday are available. I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to find the other half or if the chart is even accurate. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I'm trying to get a Kings rock and after searching online for how to find one. I see that it's a prize available in the pokeathlon prize table. However, I'm playing right now, and only half the prizes listed for saturday are available. I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to find the other half or if the chart is even accurate. Thanks.

Slowpoke Well holds the kings rock

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Is the Pokemon size also somewhat accurate? I mean like if you have wailord in your top spot in your party, would it be bigger then the player?

@ About the no Pokemon following you thing, my friend said that you just need to disable it so the Pokemon won't follow you.

level.

Forgot about user titles
    Years
  • Is the Pokemon size also somewhat accurate? I mean like if you have wailord in your top spot in your party, would it be bigger then the player?

@ About the no Pokemon following you thing, my friend said that you just need to disable it so the Pokemon won't follow you.

Wailord and some other pokemons will be larger than you but not actual size. And no, you can't disable pokemon following you. You could ride the bicycle though.

I have a question. Are there any days when the number of steps required to hatch an egg is decreased in HG/SS? I heard there were some in DPPt and for HG/SS some sites say yes and some no.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back