• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Old] HG/SS Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    Is there a way to have a pokemon to not follow you around?
    All I know, Is No.
    But there is exceptions like Big pokemon, mostly Legendaries will stay in there pokeballs if you are in Buildings.
    Oh if you have your bike, ride it. The pokemon wont follow you & they will stay inside their pokeballs when you ride the bike.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    why do i have to go to key items every single time i wanna get on my bike, is it supposed to be this annoying?

ソラ

Years
    why do i have to go to key items every single time i wanna get on my bike, is it supposed to be this annoying?
    Why not register?
    you can use the register, with the button Y, or you can touch screen, cause it will be right there.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    In order to get to the grassy area in the alph ruins to catch a natu, I know I need surf. But do I also need strength or rock smash?

joshk_bra

EV trains like a boss.
    Years
    when can you start using the pokewalker?
    like right from the begining or do you have to wait till somepoint in the game?

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    As soon as you have at least one Pokémon in the PC.

Can Togepi evolve into Togekiss before you get the national Pokédex?

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • US
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    As soon as you have at least one Pokémon in the PC.

Can Togepi evolve into Togetic before you get the national Pokédex?

Yep, Togetic has always been in the Johto Dex so you can evolve it before the National Dex~

EDIT: Togetic is what I meant~

Last edited:

ソラ

Years
    Yep, Togekiss has always been in the Johto Dex so you can evolve it before the National Dex~
    Togekiss been in the D/P/Pt Dex.
    Togetic is in the Johto Dex. But yes if you have the right Stone you can, or you can trade one from your diamond, pearl or Platinum. you dont need national dex for any pokemon.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    Yep, Togekiss has always been in the Johto Dex so you can evolve it before the National Dex~

Tegetic was always on the Johto Dex. Togekiss is a 4th Gen (Sinnoh) Pokémon. Can anyone else let me know?

Thanks
    -Chris :)

Years
    I am currently at the Pokealthon on Monday correct. Now, I want to get a sun stone for 3000 points, but I can't find the vendor for it. The one for the athletic items is only selling berries, milk, a moon stone and a rare candy...My question is where could I find the sun stone?

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Anyone know any Gameshark Codes for the new English release of SoulSilver?

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Is there any guide on headbutting trees yet? I'm trying to find aipom/heracross, and wonder if time of day has anything to do with it.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Is there any guide on headbutting trees yet? I'm trying to find aipom/heracross, and wonder if time of day has anything to do with it.
    If you check our FAQ & Known Information, they will give you a list of available Pokémon in certain areas. However, a guide and list of Pokémon available in the headbutt tress will be found here through this link. (https://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/headbutt.shtml)

Eyaare

2278-8839-7724
    Years
    I remember that if you shut off the game mid-save in D/P/Pt, there's a handy little backup there, so you get the "Corrupt Save Data" message, but it's alright, because the backup means you still have your save before that.

So my question is, can we get this confirmed in HG/SS? If I shut off my game mid save, do we know for sure that the save before last will be there and I'll be OK?

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    I remember that if you shut off the game mid-save in D/P/Pt, there's a handy little backup there, so you get the "Corrupt Save Data" message, but it's alright, because the backup means you still have your save before that.

So my question is, can we get this confirmed in HG/SS? If I shut off my game mid save, do we know for sure that the save before last will be there and I'll be OK?

Why don't you figure it out. I'm not stupid enough to try it with my game.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2011
    Just wondering the pokewalker does indeed save your steps over the long run right? Like say for instance I get 9500 steps, the pokewalker will save it right? Im just wondering bc Im hoping to get that amount before the yellow forest comes out so i can get a surfing or flying pikachu and dont want to do those steps all over if they just reset.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back