• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Old] HG/SS Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
Years
  • Route 40 Help?

Hi. I'm Jacob, it's nice to meet you. I have a Japanese Pokemon Soul Silver, and I reset the game. I am now at Olivine City and am in the lighthouse quest. I have left the lighthouse after speaking to Jasmine blah blah blah. My problem? I get to the Olivine Beach aka Route 40. And some guy keeps pushing me back up and having a huge fit at me? How do I get past this gangrenous fool and continue my adventure?

Thanks.

MiniEggs

Years
  • Yes, I'll make sure of that, but I think you must have misunderstood me, the man is physically not letting me get onto the beach.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Help thread next time. *merges*

Normally there isn't any problem with getting onto the beach at all, so you probably missed something, like beating Morty's Gym or something like that. Check you did other stuff beforehand.

MiniEggs

Years
  • Yeah, I have beaten Morty, I have the badge and can use Surf, I've spoke to Jasmine and Ampharos, but still the guy isn't letting me past.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Yeah, I have beaten Morty, I have the badge and can use Surf, I've spoke to Jasmine and Ampharos, but still the guy isn't letting me past.
    Which guy?
    If ya mean that one in lookout station then it doesn't matter...
    There's shouldn't be problem to go to beach and then Surf...
    Are ya sure that ya cannot go to beach?
    Care to share screen with us please?

Where can I dowload a ROM and an English patch for SoulSilver?
    Google it ;)
    We cannot give ya link on illegal material ;)
    And patch is in hacking section in its thread

MiniEggs

Years

I've fixed it now, I didn't battle the Rocket Grunt in the Kimono Girls' house. Thanks for your help guys!

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • I have a question about the games and I think this is the right place to ask it.
    I've heard that you don't have to hold down B to run because there is a thing on the touch screen that sets it so it's always on, but is there and option to hold down B to run as well, or will I constantly be having to touch the screen?

xX

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Have you defeated Red as yet? If not, then you can find him at the top of Mt. Silver. Defeat him there and check again for access to the elevator. He is the strongest trainer in the game and marks the official ending of it as well.

Yes I've defeated Red but I still can't use it.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I have a question about the games and I think this is the right place to ask it.
    I've heard that you don't have to hold down B to run because there is a thing on the touch screen that sets it so it's always on, but is there and option to hold down B to run as well, or will I constantly be having to touch the screen?

xX
    no you just select it once and it will run outdoors.
    [Old] HG/SS Help Thread

Highlited in red.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • hi although this may sound odd i was wondering, would it be possible to learn Japanese off Pokemon?

for instance translating words yo already know, such as 'hiker' into a list of japanese symbols which represet each letter??

this just hit me when i fought i hiker in the union cave and his name contained 5 Japanese symbols, so..

Is it a direct translation?

level.

Forgot about user titles
    Years
  • The hiker's Japanese name is basically mountain man in English. I don't think you can learn much from these games, unfortunately, unless you know a lot about Japanese already.

Edit: Wait, I'm not exactly sure what you really meant there. Japanese is not at all like English. It's drastically different in terms of grammar etc.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • The hiker's Japanese name is basically mountain man in English. I don't think you can learn much from these games, unfortunately, unless you know a lot about Japanese already.

Edit: Wait, I'm not exactly sure what you really meant there. Japanese is not at all like English. It's drastically different in terms of grammar etc.

Thats what i guessed, but ohwell im surprised ive made it to azela from what i remember about GSC,

arrr Farfetchd is annoying me, it wont go out of the forest.

Where do i go to get it to leave?

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Thats what i guessed, but ohwell im surprised ive made it to azela from what i remember about GSC,

arrr Farfetchd is annoying me, it wont go out of the forest.

Where do i go to get it to leave?
    FAQ has something on it. Basically, you need to corner it, and press A on it while it's looking in another direction - to do that, step on a branch near it to get it to look at you, and then walk around to talk to it while it's still looking at said branch - basically approach it from the side without stepping on another branch afterwards.

From memory,the first one the left bottom corner works, and the second one I did it while it was standing on the top right corner, with it looking down and approaching from the left side.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • I saw the Migrate thread made, I was just wondering, How do I Migrate? I got accessed to Fushia city, But Im just guessing that I need a Japanese R/S/E/LG/FR to do it on an Import HG/SS right? just asking

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • I saw the Migrate thread made, I was just wondering, How do I Migrate? I got accessed to Fushia city, But Im just guessing that I need a Japanese R/S/E/LG/FR to do it on an Import HG/SS right? just asking

Yeah, only the Japanese GBA cartridges will work with the Japanese D/P/Pt/HG/SS

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • Yeah, only the Japanese GBA cartridges will work with the Japanese D/P/Pt/HG/SS
    Thanks, I figured. hahah.
    Oh well Good thing I have Diamond and Pearl in English, then I can trade over to HG.
    arigatou!

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    Help

I am battling with gary for last badge and and his pokemon use moves and they pass the limit of Power Points and ive used like 10 max potions and like 24 revives with his gyarados and it still has all its moves.Why is that

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back