• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Rumor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Perhaps that foggy area at the top is the new area we're all waiting for...?

Hopefully Mauville would actually be depicted as a metropolitan city like Castelia and Luminose. Well, not that huge, but it seemed like the central city of Hoenn and had much importance. In the game, though, we could barely see two houses in it lol.

I hope not...Rustboro should be the biggest city of Hoenn considering it's real life counterpart is Kyushu's biggest city. After all Lumiose is based off Paris which is the largest city in France (by far), and while Unova as a land is based off where New York city is, the region as a whole incorporates parts of the rest of New York state, with Castelia representing the New York city for the region.
    Speaking of Rustboro someone pointed out in another thread that it looks like they added new buildings to it. If so maybe both Mauville and Rustboro will get some changes. Maybe the rest of the cities will get a little change too.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I noticed Ever Grande has some houses on the east side of the Pokemon Center, just before the Victory Road so I'm kinda glad haha xD

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I realllyy hope Rustboro doesn't become some massive city like Castelia or Lumiose. I thought those didn't work out the way Gamefreak wanted them too as they were too massive and hard to tell where anything was. This is a video game, it doesn't have to mirror real life so it's not like we need Kyushu's mirror city to match it exactly ;;

Years
    Big cities have not been something I enjoy in Pokemon, especially in X and Y. Goodness, was Lumiose annoying to navigate through. I absolutely hated that city, and the others weren't great either. One of things I actually liked about Hoenn is that there was no real central city, they all had unique attributes, but were more or less close in size. Right now, the only city I would accept becoming something like Lumiose is Mauville, based on the map and the artwork.

Years
    Big cities have not been something I enjoy in Pokemon, especially in X and Y. Goodness, was Lumiose annoying to navigate through. I absolutely hated that city, and the others weren't great either. One of things I actually liked about Hoenn is that there was no real central city, they all had unique attributes, but were more or less close in size. Right now, the only city I would accept becoming something like Lumiose is Mauville, based on the map and the artwork.

I don't think we'll get something like Lumiose or Castelia.
    Also it's important to note that Mauville if made bigger will have to be quite crammed as Rustboro is still the most spread out city on the map meaning it'll likely remain the largest.

Edit: I apparently misread the map, it's Petalburg that is based off the largest city in Kyushu...wonder why they made it so small... But Rustboro is still the industrial capital of Kyushu (hence Devon (there's a company called Zenrin which specializes in navigation software)...and why Steven's type is steel...), so it's similar to Castelia which is based of New York's financial district.

Last edited:

Yagi-the-shiny-Bagon

Legends of Meteor Falls
    Years
    I guess the reason why Camerupt and Sharpedo are getting rumored is due to them being the "ace" Pokemon of Maxie and Archie respectively, and it was already shown the two leaders had Mega Stones on them.
    I think it would be amazing to get a Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo. Camerupt is pretty awesome to begin with. I saw some fake pictures of them, and it would be pretty cool. The fake pictures made their form of Mega Camerupt look a little... Flintstones style, I guess. Haha.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Camerupt definitely needs some mega-evolution at some point in time. It's a very underrated Pokémon, and this would finally give it the boost that (in my opinion) it desperately needs.

Years
    Camerupt and Sharpedo definitely aren't the most popular Pokemon around, and they both would benefit from getting a Mega evolution. To top it all off, it would make a world of sense considering they're both Pokemon used by Maxie and Archie, two of the main boss fights you have in Hoenn. This is one of the rumors I strongly hope comes true n__n

Years
    Camerupt and Sharpedo definitely aren't the most popular Pokemon around, and they both would benefit from getting a Mega evolution. To top it all off, it would make a world of sense considering they're both Pokemon used by Maxie and Archie, two of the main boss fights you have in Hoenn. This is one of the rumors I strongly hope comes true n__n

Me too. Well I do think Camerupt is in need of one more considering Sharpedo is more commonly seen, especially speed boost Sharpedo.

DracoLatch

http://www.pokecommunity.com/s
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2022
    FIRST THINGS FIRST: DOES THIS STILL COUNT AS GENERATION 6??? If I was to use the GTS, Wonder Trade, maybe even battle, would an X/Y user be able to battle me...?

Also, does the exclusive friend safari ( In case of transferring X and Y mons)require two 3DS' or require for you to pay for it? For a while I was worried I'd have to pay to get my perfected team I update everyday back in buisness up in the upcoming Hoen region... but if you have to simply just unlock the safari area I'm totally fine with that! If this would work just like in the original Black and White 2, I know I'm set! I've already have this game on Preorder, and generally these are my only questions due to things not announced. I've never played the originals of these games so I need to find things out that are already set in there.

That's a very interesting discussion! If I had to chose two other pokemon for a mega evolution, I think that they would be Rapidash and Hitmochan. Why? Well imagine what they would look like for starters. Their appearance alone and comeback in Pokemon would be a total game changer.

Last edited by a moderator:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    FIRST THINGS FIRST: DOES THIS STILL COUNT AS GENERATION 6??? If I was to use the GTS, Wonder Trade, maybe even battle, would an X/Y user be able to battle me...?

Also, does the exclusive friend safari ( In case of transferring X and Y mons)require two 3DS' or require for you to pay for it? For a while I was worried I'd have to pay to get my perfected team I update everyday back in buisness up in the upcoming Hoen region... but if you have to simply just unlock the safari area I'm totally fine with that! If this would work just like in the original Black and White 2, I know I'm set! I've already have this game on Preorder, and generally these are my only questions due to things not announced. I've never played the originals of these games so I need to find things out that are already set in there.
    Yes, it is a gen 6 game. Wouldn't make sense for them to have ORAS as a new generation game, and besides, they'd have mentioned that too. So yes, you would be able to battle someone with XY in ORAS.

I don't quite follow the second question though. Exclusive friend safari...?

To trade you need two 3DSs and games, unless you use Pokemon Bank in which case you can just transfer pokes within the one 3DS, between different games (not even necessarily your own game carts). The Friend Safari is unlocked in XY postgame (that is, after beating the E4) and everyone has one, per 3DS (so if a friend has two 3DS and you add both of their respective details as a friend on the 3DS, they'd have two friend safari slots on your game). We have no idea about whether it is in ORAS or not, but the friend safari has nothing to do with trading.

Years
    Not sure if this rumor has been mentioned on this thread (I know it has in the release date thread) or cleared officially but, Canada is rumored to have a different release date than the U.S. and the rest of the main release nations (minus European nations which we know are getting it the 28th).

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Not sure if this rumor has been mentioned on this thread (I know it has in the release date thread) or cleared officially but, Canada is rumored to have a different release date than the U.S. and the rest of the main release nations (minus European nations which we know are getting it the 28th).

https://nintendoeverything.com/rumo...mega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-with-the-us-release/

Indeed, though I'd say it's more on the confirmed side given the return email in the article.

Spoiler:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Yeah, But why does Canada receive a different release date? For all we know, when the 21st arrives, all of the Canadian Pokelovers be crossing the border just to get the games.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It states that "a release date for Canada has not been announced," but made no mention of the country being treated differently. For now, I suppose there's still some possibility of it having the same release date of (mostly) every other place.

Years
    Yeah, But why does Canada receive a different release date? For all we know, when the 21st arrives, all of the Canadian Pokelovers be crossing the border just to get the games.

Well there is the theory that it's to punish them for the stores that leaked XY early, remember how some stores in Canada released it early? Since Europe released XY early (at least in parts of Italy) and is having a later release date it looks like it holds some water.

Years
    I mean I guess that would make sense, but it's probably something Nintendo could have prevented had they been more careful. The point of a worldwide release was to refrain from spoiling the game for other countries, and they couldn't accomplish that with X and Y due to the early leaks. :[

Years
    I mean I guess that would make sense, but it's probably something Nintendo could have prevented had they been more careful. The point of a worldwide release was to refrain from spoiling the game for other countries, and they couldn't accomplish that with X and Y due to the early leaks. :[

Maybe they won't ship out copies until closer to release so that they'll arrive only two days or so in advance, so even if there were to be another leak it'll be smaller. Of course perhaps that would be like playing chicken (the game) and lead to late releases in the release day for some stores...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Well there is the theory that it's to punish them for the stores that leaked XY early, remember how some stores in Canada released it early? Since Europe released XY early (at least in parts of Italy) and is having a later release date it looks like it holds some water.

If this is true, then Canada as a country has the right to refuse the sale of Pokemon merchandise as a whole in their country as well as the ability to sue both Nintendo as well as TPC for racial profiling and unfair treatment.

This also brings to question why have they never acted upon this before with big chain stores like Walmart who almost always willingly violate street sale dates?

If it were a question about sales and where to sell, then the individual stores would be marked not a country as a whole as that leads to corporate suicide.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    re: whoever mentioned "a release date has not been announced"

but a release date for virtually every other region bar Europe has been announced and it's obvious at this point Europe will be getting an alternate release date so since the situation is the same it's only fair to deduce that Canada will be getting a different date as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back