• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OMG A VM! I MUST RESPOND RIGHT AWAY

Sirfetch’d

How good are you about responding to VMs? Do you respond right away or do you tend to wait or even forget about it?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Terrible. I'm absolutely terrible at VMs.

Back in 09, I guess I lived for that stuff. I VMed a hell of a lot more than I used the actual forum. So I guess I responded fairly well back then.

Now I'm just terrible. Like, horrendous. I blame laziness, honestly. And then I end up forgetting to respond to a few, and I feel terrible. =(

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • If you VM me and don't get an immediate response it means I'm not online. If I see the notification, I will always open in a new tab and respond to that before continuing whatever I was doing. idk I just feel like I'm being rude if I don't respond right away. :x

Years
  • I will not be the judge of that, hehe. Either respond to it right away or make a commitment to do it "soon". That, or forget.

Years
  • I generally respond as soon as I see them. Unless I can't think of anything to say... in which case I'll leave them and come back to them later.

Sirfetch’d

Yeah, I also respond as soon as I see them if I can. Sometimes I get distracted and forget, but otherwise if you VM me I should respond very quick unless I am offline.

Years
  • Most of the time I will reply back to all VMs, unless it was one I found to be really a bunch of nonsense. Sometimes it might be instant, and sometimes, delayed.

Years
  • I generally respond pretty fast but there are times when I put it off due to being lazy or busy and end up forgetting altogether. I try my best not to ignore anyone. :)

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • If I have 1-2 VMs then I respond in an instant.

if I have like 4-5 VMs pending (very rare lol) then I tend to respond to like half and then out of laziness just leave the rest for later. Very bad, I know.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Terrible. I'm absolutely terrible at VMs.
    Now I'm just terrible. Like, horrendous. I blame laziness, honestly. And then I end up forgetting to respond to a few, and I feel terrible. =(

Yes, yes, yes. This.
    I do like VMs, don't get me wrong. . . But I don't know, I just don't do them very well. J:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I try and respond as soon as practicable. Otherwise I'll just end up forgetting about it. And that would be bad. I'm not as good as i used to be, due to other time pressures and the like, but I normally aim to respond to VMs within 24 hours or less.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    If I ever get a VM I try to delay a response a little. My main reason is simply that I don't want to spam to much on other peoples profiles (I feel a little bit rude if I response in a short amount of time, get a reply, instantly post again, etc.).

Also it's kinda cool to know that I can respond anytime I want, it's more fun than doing it mechanicly. One could say it's always like a highlight for me. ^^"

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • If I get sent a VM the second I notice it I reply, unless I'm busy doing something else. I'm quite good at replying fast but sometimes I look at the VM and don't reply and then I forget about it and wont notice it until I get another VM...

TY

When i see a notification and its a VM, i usually reply it first no matter what i was doing. I always reply to them if possible.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I have VMs disabled, so it really isn't a problem. Back when they were enabled, I replied right away. It wasn't difficult to do, considering there are only three people who I've talked to consistently via VM.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If I'm online, I check out my VM as soon as I get one. I try my best to always respond to them. If I don't respond to a VM, then that's probably because I have no idea what to say. xD When I receive multiple VMs, I tend to reply to the oldest ones first and the newer ones later.

Back