• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: On Tuesdays Oryx and Triforce think it's Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Only if you don't have a neckbeard. Its a necessity for basement dwelling in the winter.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I think Canada would be cool, and I'd definitely want to see Calgary and Vancouver since the airports there were where the characters in Brother Bear got their totems. Toronto would be cool too.

I think above anything though, if I could go to any one place in the world at present times, it'd be Amsterdam. Just sounds cool, plus my uncle went there when his mom died so he could get high. Also its a big city and the closer to humans I am the better I feel. :D

When I'm bored, I like to listen to theme songs from TV shows like Seinfeld and Law & Order: CI. I still hate that they got rid of Vincent D'Onofrio. His character's intimidating interrogation tactics were just awesome. :(
    I swear, I think the Seinfeld theme would synthesize amazingly into a console like the SEGA Genesis or another 16-bit console.

Also, is it just me, or are certain segments of that first video sped up? o_O

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I like the new $100 bill (in America). We need to do away with the penny and probably replace our dollars with coins, but overall our money isn't bad. I hate touching any kind of money though. So dirty. :'(

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I like the new $100 bill (in America). We need to do away with the penny and probably replace our dollars with coins, but overall our money isn't bad. I hate touching any kind of money though. So dirty. :'(

Speaking of which, my country just got a new Rp. 100.000 banknote today, as well, even though it's a bit similar to the previous banknote. I wish I can see it sooner. And I'm not sure about touching moneys too haha.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Speaking of bills, I haven't seen any bills in a really long time. I use a credit/debit/check card unless I'm crossing a bridge which has a toll and doesn't accept credit card payments. I think traditional money is phasing out, and in a hundred years or two it'll probably all be digital. Dollar bills and change will be a thing in the history books.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I just had my credit card stolen and an attempt to use it was made in New York, so I had to cancel it and now I'm cardless. It's been nice not using it because I more responsibly handle my money seeing it dwindle away in my wallet, rather than just swiping a card and afterwards saying, "Oh crap. I'm out of money."

Ponyta

Diamond Hooves
    Years
  • I've had the same thing happen around New Years, Klippy. It isn't pretty...the person used 13,000 at a JC Penny's 4 states away. I really hope things look up in your situation :/

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I had a credit card when I was in 5th grade and some kid ran past my table and took my whole wallet from me as I was pulling money out of it and even though we searched everyone in the school we never found my wallet, my card, or the cash I had in it. I felt so bad about losing it that I didn't tell my mom for almost a month and by that time there was around 8,000 charged to it. I don't keep my cards on my person anymore, I only keep at most $100 in my wallet and my ID. Other than that my wallet is pretty empty.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Wow, that's such a pity. I've never really been robbed or had anything stolen from me in such a blatant way. Only thing might be a cellphone at a mall once.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I've had the same thing happen around New Years, Klippy. It isn't pretty...the person used 13,000 at a JC Penny's 4 states away. I really hope things look up in your situation :/
    No doubt some *****. No male criminal would steal a card and go to JC Penny… and spend 13 grand. I'd much more expect them to buy electronics, sell them for cash, buy drugs with that cash, you know… general criminal stuff.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back