• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: On Tuesdays Oryx and Triforce think it's Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I have a huge issue with pillows. Literally cannot sleep on any pillow unless it's super flat and those aren't too good for your neck to begin with. Sigh. :( Have tried forcing myself to sleep on the puffier ones but that never worked out. Always tossed it aside in favor of the flatter pillow.
    Oh wow, that's interesting. I much prefer soft pillows when sleeping.

Speaking of pillows, am I the only one that often flips their pillows to make them feel cooler for a few minutes? :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    There's no way I could be comfortable with Khilia without a queen. I barely fit on my full size bed length-wise, and would love some extra feet space along with her. That's in the future, though.

I think this is true of most adults. Two people on a queen is less space per person than a twin so you need at least a queen for two people, if not bigger.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I think this is true of most adults. Two people on a queen is less space per person than a twin so you need at least a queen for two people, if not bigger.

Try two people on a futon. :/

Queen is good if you want to be comfortable, King ideal because it meant you could afford it lol.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    Even though I'm tall and bulky and Khilia's not much shorter than me and with the same frame and build as me, I'd still say a queen would be enough for two people like us (at least when I imagine my mother's old queen mattress). Maybe a king would still be a better fit though, idk. :s

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Even though I'm tall and bulky and Khilia's not much shorter than me and with the same frame and build as me, I'd still say a queen would be enough for two people like us (at least when I imagine my mother's old queen mattress). Maybe a king would still be a better fit though, idk. :s

It's about how you sleep really, not size. Unless you're very obese you can easily share even a full mattress, but if you sleep a bit more splayed out then youll want something bigger, you know?

Years
    I'm sure that once I were to get married and live at my own place, I'd need to have a king-size mattress :p I'm already large enough, and I prefer more open space when sleeping.

Sir Codin

I'd just get a king-size mattress for myself because I like to be stretched out when I sleep.

Marriage? Wife? Pfft.

Yukari

I have a full size bed, when I lay down my head and feet both touch the frame. :( That's one of the disadvantages of being so tall...

Years
    I'm kinda tall for my bed as well :p I usually have to put my head up rather high on my pillows (which do sit at the edge of the bed), and my feet are still touching the other end of the frame.

Yukari

That's one reason I sleep ibid the position I do. It keeps me from touching the frame.

That and it's really comfortable.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I think my bed's a twin which is like a full size too small because I tend to hang off if I don't stretch myself diagonally across the bed, which is the norm.

Sirfetch’d

I think my bed's a twin which is like a full size too small because I tend to hang off if I don't stretch myself diagonally across the bed, which is the norm.

Had this same problem back when I had a twin sized bed because I'm sooo tall and the bed just was NOT working for me. Upgraded to a full size though and finally able to sleep in a normal position X_X

Sirfetch’d

Trust me I'd love to have a queen sized bed but there is no way it would fit in my room with all of my other stuff xD

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Some of us pennypinchers are not as fortunate as the upper middle class denizens and must simply settle for our not-quite-large-enough beds. :(

Huh, they're not that expensive here. I bought what I'm 90% sure was a stolen mattress from a lady who had an entire shed full of them, and it was only $100 (which taking into account economies of scale would probably be like $40 in America lol)

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Huh, they're not that expensive here. I bought what I'm 90% sure was a stolen mattress from a lady who had an entire shed full of them, and it was only $100 (which taking into account economies of scale would probably be like $40 in America lol)

That was 100% satire, though they aren't inexpensive by any means. One of the cheaper queen sets from Sears goes for upwards of $300 but that's brand new and excellent quality so of course you're gonna get what you've paid for in that case.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    That was 100% satire, though they aren't inexpensive by any means. One of the cheaper queen sets from Sears goes for upwards of $300 but that's brand new and excellent quality so of course you're gonna get what you've paid for in that case.
    Sears reminds me of the Costco in Idiocracy. You know, have a 2,000 square foot floorspace dedicated to red velvet couches, sell law degrees, hire a man at the front door to say "Welcome to Costco, I love you". That old chestnut.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Sears reminds me of the Costco in Idiocracy. You know, have a 2,000 square foot floorspace dedicated to red velvet couches, sell law degrees, hire a man at the front door to say "Welcome to Costco, I love you". That old chestnut.

I don't know what you're talking about but damn that sounds awesome

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back