• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: On Tuesdays Oryx and Triforce think it's Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    That was 100% satire, though they aren't inexpensive by any means. One of the cheaper queen sets from Sears goes for upwards of $300 but that's brand new and excellent quality so of course you're gonna get what you've paid for in that case.

As someone who just did price research on queen beds to buy one, that estimate is off - they're significantly more. A high quality queen bed will run you over 1000 bucks, and anything around 500 is a steal. I was looking to pay in that range and there was literally one mattress in every store in my price range. Keep in mind that the boxspring is another 150 as well and you've got quite a lot.

infranto

[color=grey][i]When it rains, it pours.[/i][/color
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    I thought headboards were just for show in movies and stuff lol. I didn't realise people actually use them. *facepalm*

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    As someone who just did price research on queen beds to buy one, that estimate is off - they're significantly more. A high quality queen bed will run you over 1000 bucks, and anything around 500 is a steal. I was looking to pay in that range and there was literally one mattress in every store in my price range. Keep in mind that the boxspring is another 150 as well and you've got quite a lot.
    Since when does mashing together some wood, cloth and springs cost so much?

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
    Years
    I think headboards are more for vanity. Of course you don't technically need them, but it makes the bed prettier than just having a mattress on the floor. Also, some of them have shelves for holding stuff, y'know. Those headboards are cool and useful.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I need one, but I'm rhe exception and I don't need it YET - I have baseboard heating and I need to make sure nothing falls on thr baseboards or else things will catch on fire and I will die.

That's the exception though, not the rule.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Well, it's not necessarily a bed; the mattress just sits on a box frame and nothing more. It doesn't have a headboard nor a footboard.

..they make footboards too?

I'm obviously too poor for all of this.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I have an old bed frame that's 150 years old. That's the only reason that I have foot or headboards.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back