• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: On Tuesdays Oryx and Triforce think it's Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    I have to sleep almost a solid 8 hours or I don't function the next day. Either that, or I'm napping at every opportunity. I need my sleep especially since I'm baling hay for a summer job. Yawning and getting a mouthful of grass sucks.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    That pun did not amuse me at all. >_>
    Anyway, sleeping eh? I usually have to steer clear of electronic a good 5 hours before, otherwise its gonna take me all night for my eyes to finally rest and get myself to sleep.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Sometimes with Electronics I did have a hard time getting to sleep. But now, it only depends on the temperature inside... can't sleep if it's too hot.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I have been sleeping pretty badly these days. A mix of housemates taking showers past midnight (>_>;), mosquitoes buzzing around my face and me just being too generally hyper by when I go to bed. It's really annoying because I do need at least 8 hours to function properly, but... eh.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I have to have some sort of noise at night in order to fall asleep or else I'll just lay in bed all night staring at the ceiling.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I can't fall asleep in total darkness. There HAS to be a light or something which gives off even the tiniest bit of light, otherwise I won't know whether I'm trying to sleep or not.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Complete darkness confuses my brain too much, it's like, "am I asleep or not?"

It's also like, what sort of position you sleep in as well. I can never sleep on my back, always my right side.

srinator

Sigh I havnt had a proper sleep in weeks, and it's my holidays sigh I have like 2 hours of sleep a day, ugh hate insomnia

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Speaking of sleeping partners, my friend Hope enjoys tossing half her body across someone else while she sleeps so she finds a way to have someone to sleep with every night, be it friends or different lovers. I thought that was really queer until it made me realize that sleeping while in contact with someone else is actually one of the best feelings in the world.

Years
    I can't sleep with any lights on, any noise, any electronics whirring in the background. Even then, it's hard for me to fall asleep :[ There was a time maybe like a year or two ago, I just simply couldn't. Spent every night on my phone or DS until around 4 am, when I'd finally fall asleep without intending to, and wake up the next morning groggy, cranky and confused. Thankfully, that hasn't continued.

Years
    ngl every time I see this title I yawn a little.

I have trouble sleeping in complete darkness with no noise. I can do it, but I find I go to sleep better if I have a little light in my room. No noise also used to not be a problem for me, but at some point I started playing music when I went to bed and now I find the silence eerie and have found that I'll wake up when there's no noise.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I love pitch black when I sleep, although silence bothers me. I sleep to music more often than not, and things like fans and little lights aren't really bothersome

Also I just found out that I have a massive crack in the bone of my foot, from God knows what. :( The doctors that called want me on crutches, but since I sit on ass all day and don't walk much my mother says I don't need them (and I kind of agree).

Years
    Also I just found out that I have a massive crack in the bone of my foot, from God knows what. :( The doctors that called want me on crutches, but since I sit on ass all day and don't walk much my mother says I don't need them (and I kind of agree).

That's odd! The only injury I've ever had that needed serious medical attention was a thing with my ankle back in elementary school. Was going down a hill in my friend's neighborhood with his scooter, without knowing that its back wheel was broken, tried to swerve into the road at the end of the hill, it stalled, and I flew off. Only had to be in crutches for a week though, and I don't think they were entirely necessary; mostly needed the boot.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    the worst injury I've ever had is when I hit a pothole on my bike coming down a hill and flipped right over the fookin handlebars and onto the sidewalk. my whole right arm was scraped the ♥♥♥♥ up and so was my back, and I broke my left arm, which was weird because I landed square on my right shoulder which is now scarred and was pretty awful-looking for like a month after that.

it ♥♥♥♥ed up my bike pretty bad too but I tried my best to fix it and then rode it home with one arm. I was only like 5-10 minutes away so it wasn't too big a deal to actually ride home

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    Aside from this (I couldn't tell you how it happened), at the beginning of freshman year I crashed into a car on my bicycle and scraped quite a bit of tissue off of my right arm and hand, and still have a slight scar on my arm with a noticeable amount of tissue missing even now from below my pinky finger. It almost led me to switch from Swimming -> Health to Health -> Swimming, but after the first day in Health I was like "bump that" and just walked back to swimming because it was fine by then. I suppose it'd have to have been a 3rd degree burn as it didn't hurt at all to get hurt like that when it happened. :/

Now my mother's like "Oh, they can only get you an appointment as early as the 7th, and by that time it'll be healed," and I tried to explain to her that bones don't just mesh themselves back together at my age like muscles. She said that they do and that "they'll grow back wrong and they'll have to re-break it." Hmph.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I was riding my bike down a huge hill at a campground and at the bottom of the hill was a turn and the ground was gravel so when I tried to turn I just went parallel with the ground scraping up my legs and arms and then I rolled into the camp site that was there and into the fire pit with a fire in it and got some minor burns.

When I was a freshman I was riding my scooter to the gas station and some guy didn't stop at a stop sign and rammed the front of my scooter as I was crossing the intersection and I didn't have a stop sign and I broke my leg and the front of my scooter was dented in and the headlight was shattered and I was laying in the shattered glass getting cuts and stuff.

And that I think is the worst that's happened to me...yet...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back