• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: On Tuesdays Oryx and Triforce think it's Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I loved Shark Tale, haha, the Jamaican jelly fish were my favorite characters! Now I'm probably going to go watch it later for nostalgic purposes. Hopefully it's on Netflix n__n;

;____________;

I'll record one tomorrow and post it, it's 4am and I feel like a zombie

Oh wow, you should go to sleep! Whenever I'm up that late, I usually spend the entirety of the following day in an extremely cranky mood. Everything after 1 am I consider to be late, but before that, I tend to stay up. Some of my friends tell me they go to bed around 9 pm, which is baffling imo. Seems so early!

Sean

Years
  • Oh wow, you should go to sleep! Whenever I'm up that late, I usually spend the entirety of the following day in an extremely cranky mood. Everything after 1 am I consider to be late, but before that, I tend to stay up. Some of my friends tell me they go to bed around 9 pm, which baffles me. Seems so early!

On Tuesdays Oryx and Triforce think it's Wednesday

I only need about 5/6 hours of sleep to function properly. Which is grand, as I've summer for 2 more months so it'll do for now, heh. I've to go shopping tomorrow anyway because I've to get stuff for my holiday in 2 weeks Friday, which I am absolutely buzzing for

Years
  • Bahaha, well that's good. Unfortunately I can't afford to stay up that late, because I'll be tired the whole day and tennis practice then becomes an absolute nightmare. d: However, on the weekends, I usually stay up really late and wake up around noon, haha. And then, towards the end of summer, I start going to bed early/waking up early again so that I'm not totally in shambles when school rolls around.

Sean

Years
  • omg don't even mention the end of summer... 7am starts once again *shivers uncontrollably* i am DREADING the day I begin working full-time. no holidays (max like.. 30 days off a year I think here that includes sick days) unless you're a teacher then you get holidays off along with the students.

Omg. :(( I hope I get a good university timetable because I am soooooo bad with sleep schedules

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    My schedule has me waking up at 6:30 every day. It's my fault though because I choose to take hour-long lunches which means I have to get to work at 8 instead of 8:30 and I choose to take a long time in the mornings which is why I have to get up an hour before I leave.

This is why I'm dying of tired at 10:30PM.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I'm not too worried about going back to school, as it's a large gamble when I'll be getting up and when I'll be going home, since I'm moving to Cheyenne Mountain D12 and out of Widefield District 3, originally hailing from Fountain-Fort Carson District 8. Widefield blows - it's so low-class and underfunded and the faculty were far from exceptional, whereas District 8 had an amazing staff and curriculum because they were so well-funded (federally). Most of the wealthier people in town live around Cheyenne Mountain with the most well-off living at its base or on it, so I imagine it'd have a similar effect since they'd be being paid more/have better kids/more competition, etc. It's weird how I'd hear D8 staff talk about how good the children were there, and how everyone wanted to work there - and when I lived in Charlottesville, VA - a similarly wealthy environment - the staff were stunning as well if not more so, so I have a good feeling about this. No more sitting in a classroom with teenagers in leggings and spaghetti straps and pajama bottoms + house slippers, and no more staff that look like college took twenty years from their life and don't care anyway. :)

Years
  • I have been getting up around noon and going to bed anywhere between 1:00 to 4:00 most days since starting break; unless I get a job or volunteer position that requires me to get up earlier (which'll likely be the case, especially if I get a 40-hour-per-week job), I'll have to readjust my schedule for college because I'm gonna have a class at 8:30 in the morning. This is the earliest class I've had since starting college; before, it was 10:00. (I am not a morning person, orz)

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Holy crap I just had some DCC-ception. I left a tab open that left off with my post about moving, and then I look at this about accents and sleeping and I could've swore there were two DCCs for a moment lol

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I've been waking up at 6:30 as well. Although I have class until 10 am, I want to get things done such as breakfast, exercising, and other things. Plus my day goes a little longer that way.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    At night, I only have two hours sleep; go to bed around 10pm, and wake up at 12am. This might not seem like such a great idea, but I do take 6-hour long rest during afternoons, which makes up for it just fine. My schedule has been like this for the past seven months or so, and I've gotten very, very used to it. I'll definitely have to change it up in future, though.

Years
  • Well this week I start classes so I needed to change my schedule from going to bed after midnight to going to bed a few hours prior, since both of my late-start summer classes start at 8am.

At night, I only have two hours sleep; go to bed around 10pm, and wake up at 12am. This might not seem like such a great idea, but I do take 6-hour long rest during afternoons, which makes up for it just fine. My schedule has been like this for the past seven months or so, and I've gotten very, very used to it. I'll definitely have to change it up in future, though.
    I'd say 6 hours is enough sleep, but I don't know.. sleeping during the day for that long? Do you have room-darkening blinds/curtains to be able to do that?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Having a 5 to 1 in the morning job most days, I sleep at like 3 and wake up at noon. When I have days off, I wake up at like 8. Never had a normal sleep pattern, and I never will.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'd say 6 hours is enough sleep, but I don't know.. sleeping during the day for that long? Do you have room-darkening blinds/curtains to be able to do that?

Unfortunately, yeah. I could never sleep while there's sunlight coming into my room, haha.

Years
  • Having a 5 to 1 in the morning job most days, I sleep at like 3 and wake up at noon. When I have days off, I wake up at like 8. Never had a normal sleep pattern, and I never will.
    At least you still manage 8-9 hours of sleep. I wouldn't necessarily call that an abnormal sleep pattern, but just a pattern that's "shifted."

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Sleeping 2 hours before dawn isn't normal, no matter how you look at it. And saturday-sunday I get no sleep, working till 1 and then working from 8 the next morning. Ah well, can't complain, I could be stuck at a hotel with 16 hour shifts.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • My schedule has me waking up at 6:30 every day. It's my fault though because I choose to take hour-long lunches which means I have to get to work at 8 instead of 8:30 and I choose to take a long time in the mornings which is why I have to get up an hour before I leave.

This is why I'm dying of tired at 10:30PM.

omg just take the half-hour lunch break haha

I get up at 8:05am and I'm at work at 8:30am when I open the store :P

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • I get up at around 6am and I have to be at school around 7am. Usually I sleep at 11pm so I get 7 hours of sleep per night, sometimes less.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I get up at 8:05am and I'm at work at 8:30am when I open the store :P
    On Tuesdays Oryx and Triforce think it's Wednesday

Hugely jealous tbh haha. This summer I get up at 6:00 (well... my clock rings but), get on a bus at 7:00, get on a train at 7:30 and get to work at 8:10 or so. I've been experimenting with my need of sleep and found that I can function but not well with 6 hours, function normally enough with 7 hours and function well and beyond with 8 hours. Can't sleep 9 hours because then I'd go to bed at 9pm and I get home between 5-6pm and kind of want to have SOME kind of awake time for making dinner (and lunchboxes), see a friend or a tv series or both, take a walk or go for a run, indulge in my hobby of writing etc etc, you know living :3

On "normal" uni days I always started at 10 so I usually went to bed between 11pm and midnight and woke up around 8am. So this last half year especially, I've gotten used to sleeping 8-9 hours a night. Sounds a lot actually idk?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back