• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: On Tuesdays Oryx and Triforce think it's Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I didn't want to at your age either. I had opportunities and rejected them because I wasn't interested in it yet. :) Drinking is like sex - when you're ready there's nothing wrong with it, but if you start before you're ready then things go sour.
    Pretty much what happened to me! I was completely disinterested as well about a year ago. Maybe more. If you grow up ever not drinking, though, that's perfectly cool as well. Nothing wrong with that.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm not sure I've ever met someone that has never enjoyed alcohol in their entire lives though...

Years
    Sex is weird, whoever designed the human body was like "Yeah, I'll make them shove their genitals together until they lose their energy, but the catch is their genitals are also used to remove waste." I don't care how you put it. It just doesn't sound right to me.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I'm not sure I've ever met someone that has never enjoyed alcohol in their entire lives though...
    Lol, alcohol is against Islam, so I know a bunch of religious Muslims that have never tried it. Probably similar with other religions, maybe? I'm kinda clueless about the code of other religions ahaha.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Lol, alcohol is against Islam, so I know a bunch of religious Muslims that have never tried it. Probably similar with other religions, maybe? I'm kinda clueless about the code of other religions ahaha.

Well I'm only super familiar with Christianity and passing familiar with Judaism and I know Christianity isn't against it (the "blood of Christ" is wine at services) and I'm pretty sure Judaism isn't against it...but I don't know about smaller ones.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I had red wine for the first time at a tasting at work on Friday and I can tell you now it tastes like the blood of Christ. I don't know how anybody can do that to themselves, it's disgusting.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I had red wine for the first time at a tasting at work on Friday and I can tell you now it tastes like the blood of Christ. I don't know how anybody can do that to themselves, it's disgusting.

Did you notice the eggy aftertaste? I think I've gotten used to it now but for the longest time I thought red wine tasted like eggs. Boyfriend thought I was crazy.

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Did you notice the eggy aftertaste? I think I've gotten used to it now but for the longest time I thought red wine tasted like eggs. Boyrax thought I was crazy.

OMG yes, the eggy aftertaste! The wine itself was pretty terrible and sour (not too different from the white wine I tried - honestly, if it's not moscato it's not worth it) but the aftertaste was what set the red apart!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    OMG yes, the eggy aftertaste! The wine itself was pretty terrible and sour (not too different from the white wine I tried - honestly, if it's not moscato it's not worth it) but the aftertaste was what set the red apart!

THANK YOU I TOLD HIM I'M NOT CRAZY

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
    Normally if I've started drinking wine I'm already too drunk to care about the taste or the after-taste.

so wasteful

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't really understand the consumption of alcohol at all, the stuff is absolutely vile.

If you drink the right drinks it isn't! A lot of them the alcohol blends so well that you can't even tell it's alcohol.

I think whiskey and such is vile but I understand how people can have different tastes than me because that's...kind of how the world works. What is there not to understand?

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
    If you drink the right drinks it isn't! A lot of them the alcohol blends so well that you can't even tell it's alcohol.

I think whiskey and such is vile but I understand how people can have different tastes than me because that's...kind of how the world works. What is there not to understand?

I don't know. Yeah, people have different tastes. I just...see drinking at just think "Why.". Nothing against it really though. I don't know, it's becoming hard for me to phrase my thoughts, I'll shut up now.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't know. Yeah, people have different tastes. I just...see drinking at just think "Why.". Nothing against it really though. I don't know, it's becoming hard for me to phrase my thoughts, I'll shut up now.

Because some people enjoy being drunk (for hundreds of different reasons), some people enjoy the taste of certain alcoholic drinks, and some people just do it to go along with what their friends are doing because they don't care either way. Drinking gets a lot of harsh judgment from this particular age/interest group; people in the high school/early college set that are in the nerdy clique like most Pokemon fans are. It's sad because it's just as mindless as people who hate video games because they're too nerdy :( missing out on something fun because of an unfounded prejudice against it!

Of course, then there are a few people that don't drink because of a familial history of addiction, a hatred of the feeling of loss of control, or the person that they are when they become drunk. But two out of three of those require trying it first!

Years
    I don't really understand the consumption of alcohol at all, the stuff is absolutely vile.

Peer pressure? Speaking from personal experience, whenever you're at a party with alcohol, you're bound to be presented with a drink by someone who constantly insists on you to drink. Or you'd be looked at like a party pooper...Yeah, I got peer pressured into drinking ;; But still that stuff, like you said, is quite vile unless you're mixing it with soda then it becomes somewhat bearable.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
    Drinking gets a lot of harsh judgment from this particular age/interest group; people in the high school/early college set that are in the nerdy clique like most Pokemon fans are. It's sad because it's just as mindless as people who hate video games because they're too nerdy :( missing out on something fun because of an unfounded prejudice against it!

God yes, that's ridiculous. Mindless hatred or opposition of anything for no good reason. I may have a personal aversion to it but again, I have nothing really against it or anyone who does it. I wouldn't have a problem with someone drinking some wine or having a couple beers, chillin' on the sofa next to me, or what have you.

Peer pressure? Speaking from personal experience, whenever you're at a party with alcohol, you're bound to be presented with a drink by someone who constantly insists on you to drink. Or you'd be looked at like a party pooper...Yeah, I got peer pressured into drinking ;; But still that stuff, like you said, is quite vile unless you're mixing it with soda then it becomes somewhat bearable.

Yeah that seems like a bit of a big thing, being peer-pressured into, well, a lot of things in general. It's a biiiit stupid.

Years
    Yeah that seems like a bit of a big thing, being peer-pressured into, well, a lot of things in general. It's a biiiit stupid.

Unfortunately, yes...Friends make you do stupid stuff. But I managed to cut the person who kept feeding me alcohol out of my life so at least I got that going for me, haha.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back