• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: On Tuesdays Oryx and Triforce think it's Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
  • Please submit your advice in triplicate through line E14 and you will receive a response in 12-16 weeks. Have an Oryxiffic day!
    dnDTc88.gif

Seriously, though. It's no-**** advice. I'm not punking you, it'll help. Honest. :o

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    And this is the part of the night where I steer the conversation away from teenagers giving money management advice

Who's starting school now? I know all the interns at work are dropping like flies and a few kids in D&D are starting to have to not be out so late. Soon you will all know my pain muahahaha

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
  • And this is the part of the night where I steer the conversation away from teenagers giving money management advice

Who's starting school now? I know all the interns at work are dropping like flies and a few kids in D&D are starting to have to not be out so late. Soon you will all know my pain muahahaha

I am.
    but i don't want to talk about it it's like a bad game. i would rate this game 4/10 because the quests are tedious and the rewards for them cheap. the graphics are great, though.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • School starts in two days for me, on Wednesday. I saw some locals at the Dollar General yesterday and got the immediate feeling I'm going to stick out like a severed thumb around here.

I'm also rather frustrated at my mother's procrastinatory behaviour towards buying me school supplies, cutting my hair (I can put my fingers in it and they'll disappear), and also unpacking my clothes. I'm dependent here, god damnit. :(

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I am.
    but i don't want to talk about it it's like a bad game. i would rate this game 4/10 because the quests are tedious and the rewards for them cheap. the graphics are great, though.

Have you tried joining a guild? Makes the game so much easier.

Mid-June. We usually get until October but the jerks had to start it a month ago.

October??? Wtf I wanna go to your school. Will your parents adopt me?

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
  • Have you tried joining a guild? Makes the game so much easier.

Have you seen the guild requirements?

The amount of questing I would have to do without sponsors is just too much. And it's not like I'm playing a high luck character, either. Average stats all-round!

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • School starts in two days for me, on Wednesday. I saw some locals at the Dollar General yesterday and got the immediate feeling I'm going to stick out like a severed thumb around here.

I'm also rather frustrated at my mother's procrastinatory behaviour towards buying me school supplies, cutting my hair (I can put my fingers in it and they'll disappear), and also unpacking my clothes. I'm dependent here, god damnit. :(

I hear ya. I started school today, and thus the longest day of my life began. Not only was I lost, because I had zero prior knowledge of where to go, BUT I also ended having to walk a good 10ish-20ish miles to my house.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • I hear ya. I started school today, and thus the longest day of my life began. Not only was I lost, because I had zero prior knowledge of where to go, BUT I also ended having to walk a good 10ish-20ish miles to my house.
    There's no way I'm going to be able to walk to my house with where we are. I don't worry too much about school in all honesty, being high school really requires zero thought. I fill that void with friends, music, and what I have in the summertime (PC, vidya, YouTube). It's no big deal to me; the things they throw at me are like leftovers in a water bottle. "Knew that and about 10 times more on the subject. What's for lunch?"

I remember talking to my Sophomore year social studies teacher, Mr. Kappelmann, about school structure and why it's as rigid as it is. He explained that the vast majority of high schoolers are disinterested in learning, and to quote him "don't have a natural pursuit of knowledge like you do." To touch again on the debt subject, it was crazy to hear that he was only offered a single meager scholarship as his class's salutatorian. Sucks being white and having a little money for yourself I guess :/

I hope college will be more interesting than that. If it isn't, there's always the college social life which is so unique it practically defines young culture. That'll be cool :p

DJTiki

Years
  • There's no way I'm going to be able to walk to my house with where we are. I don't worry too much about school in all honesty, being high school really requires zero thought. I fill that void with friends, music, and what I have in the summertime (PC, vidya, YouTube). It's no big deal to me; the things they throw at me are like leftovers in a water bottle. "Knew that and about 10 times more on the subject. What's for lunch?"

I remember talking to my Sophomore year social studies teacher, Mr. Kappelmann, about school structure and why it's as rigid as it is. He explained that the vast majority of high schoolers are disinterested in learning, and to quote him "don't have a natural pursuit of knowledge like you do." To touch again on the debt subject, it was crazy to hear that he was only offered a single meager scholarship as his class's salutatorian. Sucks being white and having a little money for yourself I guess :/

I hope college will be more interesting than that. If it isn't, there's always the college social life which is so unique it practically defines young culture. That'll be cool :p

The structure of school is more out of touch with today's "times". It really should change, because conventional teaching methods, won't work in like 10 years or so, from now, or at least, that's what I think. All I remember from my social studies teacher is that "He only teaches, to help kids" since the only reason why he stayed, where I am, is because of his mom, who ended up dying :(.

College life, will probably be just as boring, just with a few more close friends. I'm still weighing options, of what I should do though. :p But again, I need to take classes on things, that don't have to do with my majors, before studying for a major. Oh well cx

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    We can agree on that at least! Being poor I got a massive need-based scholarship. Boyfriend had a trust fund so he had enough money to not worry about undergrad. But my valedictorian was firmly middle-class - enough so that she wouldn't get grants, but not enough to actually be able to afford high-end private schools without tons of loans. I haven't kept up with her financial situation but I know she was freaking out a bit at graduation trying to figure out how to pay for it all, likely she just took out a ton of loans like most of the people at my school.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • I should get poor so I can get one of those… I surely have the intelligence and if my mother would be unemployed and get back my SSDI we could totally get me free college because **** the middle class

oh and my fistful of medical diagnoses may also be beneficial in garnering the golds from sympathetic charities run by greedy corporations as publicity image who are rich enough for college to be chump change to them anyway

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Haha, first and last time being poor was actually helpful. Would not recommend as a strategy for gaining scholarships.

DJTiki

Years
  • I just realized that I slept the entire day away o.o I slept at like 5 and woke up not too long ago. Guess who isn't sleep tonight? :p

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Okay I know you have a thing against credit but you need it. . .

I am perhaps a little late to the party, but this statement is obviously false when it pertains to me. I clearly put down that I have owned a house. Owned. As in without credit. I should note that while owning homes and selling them is great business, it becomes tedious, but I digress.

In short, the delusion, or view, that you need credit is the dangerous epidemic in America, and I would surmise it will be the downfall of the country. I don't need credit. You don't need credit. I was being rather impatient, and following the posts back and forth showed me how hasty I was being. For one thing, I will have to do more research onto the bike I will be getting, I'll have to put it under the microscope, unlike the last bike I had.

Credit is a risky business to get into, and I feel more people should forgo the quick and easy route for the patient and tactical approach. Debt is a slippery slope, and the less you have, the better off you will be.

In other news, I have received no mail for about two days straight. Which is weird, considering I usually receive coupons and ads. I need coupons. Don't ever underestimate the power of the coupons!

My favourite example of coupons is this: Bombay Sapphire Dry Gin. Pricey, elite. Depending on where you get it (I can never find it cheaper than $20 or €14) it is always a higher priced gin. I've even seen the 750ml bottle gear costs up to $29! that price is just not for me. Seeing as how I've a fancy way with my money, and how I've learned patience (I forget this from time to time) I managed to nab a 1.75 litre bottle for $25. With a coupon. For $25 I can make over 30 drinks! That's like ¢83 a drink! Add vermouth (Noilly Prat, I find, can be bought for as low as $5, a killer value) and that's $1 for a martini! Considering I have a mighty expertise in mixing, I find that this is the value people cannot believe. Go to a bar and try to get a martini for under $10. You just can't do it these days.

"Martinis are like breasts: One is not enough and three is too many." - Winston Churchill

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back