• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] One Piece: The Golden Age (OOC + SU) Rated T

Years
I'm still here, I'm enjoying this RP and its characters too much to leave any time soon. I just haven't had anything to do haha

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
That will be remedied with SV's post that should be up in the next day or so. He's aiming for tonight, but it will definitely be up by tomorrow. Mine was just to set him up. So hang tight everyone.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
Can I "reserve" a character sheet along with my free Devil's Fruit Cookie?

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
I'm never giving up on a One Piece RP, held aloft by both SV and Raikiri. Good luck getting rid of me :P I'll poke Lumbah and see if he's still interested.

@LightspeeD: Go ahead and write up a character sheet, I'm fairly sure at least one or two people will be dropping out (Especially considering that Claire just up and disappeared again), but I can't say for certain. Still though, I'm sure you'll at least be considered if you make a good SU :)

Oh, and I know this might sound boring, but like, 80% of the crew is using devil fruits, so it might be a good idea to make a non-DF user xD

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
@LightspeeD: Go ahead and write up a character sheet, I'm fairly sure at least one or two people will be dropping out (Especially considering that Claire just up and disappeared again), but I can't say for certain. Still though, I'm sure you'll at least be considered if you make a good SU :)

Oh, and I know this might sound boring, but like, 80% of the crew is using devil fruits, so it might be a good idea to make a non-DF user xD

Stole the words right out of my mouth. You can go ahead and make an SU and should you be accepted, SV and I will work out magic RP powers and find a way to squeeze you in. But like SB said, it may be more interesting if you could make a non-DF user because we have a boatload of them and we need some swimmers xD

@SB: Thank you for the kind words. Glad to have you on board still.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Not a problem Rai! :D You two are an epic duo that I'm happy to be working with. And sorry if I basically told him it'd be fine, but I know you guys, and figured that it wouldn't hurt for him to make an SU :P

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Any chances one more spot may be open?

I know I never really got an answer, but... I'm gonna go ahead and post the character I had in mind. You don't have to approve her or anything like that. And I can take her down if you guys aren't accepting at the moment. Just lemme know.

Name: Avril Meads

Race: Human

Physical Appearance: Avril stands about 5'9" with a light-tanned skin complexion. She has a somewhat muscular, yet feminine build that comes with her laborious profession in handling the construction and repair of various forms machinery. Avril's hair is a light, almost-silver shade of gray, which reaches the girl's lower back. She usually keeps it pulled back into a ponytail to keep it out of her work. The bangs which frame the side of the girl's face are a sapphire-blue color, but whether they have been dyed or if it is natural is currently unknown. Avril's eyes are a deep blue which match her bangs. On her left shoulder is a tattoo of a cogwheel with a heart in the middle.

In terms of clothing, Avril seems to always be dressed for hard work. The girl usually finds herself dressed in a black tank-top that has been ripped off just above the girl's stomach. She wears a pair of baggy, dark blue, denim pants. They're a bit worn, with a few oil stains and a missing knee on the left leg, but the girl sees little reason to get rid of them. She keeps the ends of the pants rolled up so as not to walk on them with her black, durable work boots. Around Avril's neck is a leather, black choker. Tied around Avril's waist is an old, gray hoodie, and a pair of black, fingerless work gloves rest on her hands. Some of the time, she'll wear a brown, leather hat on top of her head, usually when she is working underneath something large to keep some of the oil out of her hair. Avril wears a pair of black welder's goggles in either her hair, on top of her hat, or around her neck at almost all times.

Personality: In terms of personality, Avril is fairly lively girl. She's honest and believes in hard work if one truly wishes to accomplish something. The girl can often lose herself when working with various forms of machinery, whether repairing broken down objects or creating new works of her own. She can come a bit strong at times to those around her, but she really does not mean harm... most of the time. Avril is extremely free-spirited and has a unique way of thinking. She tends to always find a ray of light in any situation, almost to a point at times where it seems she takes very little seriously, even going as far as to make up her own words to describe what she may have done when remodeling or inventing something, to even a common action or description of something.

History: Born and raised on a small island in the East Blue, Avril was the only child of the Meads family, Charles and Olivia. Her mother was always a very frail woman, so as a result she passed shortly after giving birth to the girl. This left her to be raised alone by her father, a man who made his living as repairman in the village that they called home. Although money was never really in abundance for the father and his daughter, Charles always did his best to make sure that Avril was well provided for.

Avril was always an odd girl compared to most her age when growing up. Instead of playing with dolls, shopping, going on dates, and the like, she was much more content to play with tools, take things apart and try to put them back together, and to make it simple, get her own hands dirty with actual work. In some regard, Charles put the blame for his daughter's unusual behavior upon himself. After all, he never had much experience in actually raising a girl... and since her mother had passed away so early, the girl only had a strong, male role model in her life. Regardless of this however, Charles still encouraged Avril to do what made her happiest. After all, that was what the man figured was most important in his daughter's life.

As time moved on, Avril's skills and interests at repairing, tinkering and the like continued to grow. They began to grow so much that some of the villagers began to grow annoyed with her antics. Avril had developed a habit of just taking hold of other peoples things, regardless of the fact that she had not been given permission or the fact that they were not broken, and just take them apart and try to make her own improvements to them. Despite the fact that she was simply doing what she loved, Charles began to feel pressure from the other villagers to find a solution to this growing problem. Thankfully for him, the problem managed to solve itself.

Upon her eighteenth birthday, Avril came to realize that there was a lot more that she could learn out there about her hobby and passion. In particular, she thought a career in the Marines would be the best way to go about furthering her interests. As such the girl set out and joined said organization, hoping that it would prove as fruitful as she thought it would be...

During her time in the Marines, Avril found herself becoming engrossed in the construction and functionality of the various weapons used by them. In fact, she kept finding herself wanting to do with the various weapons and cannons what she used to do back on her home island... She would often attempt to take them apart, learn about how the weapons functioned... she would even go as far as to try and scrap and strip them to develop weapons of her own. Needless to say, the Marines were not too thrilled with Avril's... unique way of doing things. In fact, the captain she served under seemed to have a very short fuse when it came to the girl's free-spirited and unique way of thinking. Whenever her antics seemed to start up, he always ensured that Avril was punished by having to do extra exercises and laps, chores, and all that sort of thing.

Eventually, the strict way of living the Marines provided began to make Avril feel quite cramped. She was not able to pursuit her hobby as much as she wanted... In fact, she was starting to feel like her talents and goals were starting to slip away from her. So, without a moment's further delay, the girl quickly left the Marines... But not without a few souvenirs of her time there, such as some blueprints and weapon schematics. If the Marines were not going to take advantage of their own plans and make something amazing from them, then Avril would just have to do it herself.

Needless to say, the Marines were not to pleased and a bounty quickly put on her head...

Goal/Dream: To create the world's strongest and technologically superior weapon, seizing her place as the world's greatest mechanic.

Combat Style: In combat, Avril prefers to let her physical strength do the talking. And what better way to do that then to use a weapon she crafted together herself? Avril fights using an electrified sledgehammer. The hammer has a single-use (until reloaded) hydraulic pressured launcher that can send the head propelling forward like a projectile, allowing the girl to have a mix of both close and long ranged combat options. The hammer would normally be rendered useless without its head, or at least until Avril would pick up the head, however the girl has taken note of this and made preparations for just such an event. Within the handle of the sledgehammer is a roughly 40 ft. chain that can be used to return the hammerhead back to its base.

Should her hammer no longer be an option, Avril is not afraid to get her hands dirty with a good fist-to-fist brawl. However, she does not have much refinement and relies on brute force in both giving and taking hits. Despite working with machinery, weapons, and studying them, Avril is not skilled with the use of firearms, and it is probably for the best to keep her away from them at all costs.

Other/Quirks: Avril also has an odd habit of coming up with nicknames for anyone she meets, as she feels this is usually easier than actually remembering their name.

Current Bounty: 10,000,000 Berries
Theft of Marine/Government Property
Desertion of the Marines

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
@Alby: Congrats. You are accepted. SV will update the list and probably extend to you how to introduce you into the RP. If he doesn't, I will slay him.

Reactions: SV

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Wait, so there are spots open...? :O

I'll post this here just in case there are and I miss something because I delay too long.

Finished~!

Spoiler:

I haven't written the history yet, because I wanted to check if the monkey and snake are fine first. That way if they aren't, I haven't wasted time writing them into her history o3o'

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
@fortworth96: Yep. Sign ups are currently being accepted, especially since we may have lost of people. With that being said, I have no real objections with the SU as of yet, so go ahead and write up your history. You seem to be keeping the haki abilities relatively undeveloped for now, which is great because all the characters will grow so haki abilities will eventually be introduced and used.

Years
Haki abilities?

I'll post in the next couple of days probably. Looks like this chapter will be a lot of fun xD

Edit: Actually I have posted now.

@Alby - I have set us up for interaction, hope you don't mind. :)

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
OH my god okay I'm terribly sorry about my absence- it's been absolutely crazy these first few weeks of 2014 what with all the traditional things that have to be done in the beginning of the year here and a surprise internetless-vacation, but I'm almost positive that it's all done!

I'll get started on a post right away if it's okay! Let me read and catch up on what's happened since RL decided to bite me in the ass first though haha

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
All little heads up to everyone, Magic Fox has left the RP. I'll have her character exit here on Duke Island and not continue with the rest of us. Since Claire seems to have disappeared as well, I'll do the same for Zoe.

@Loki- Don't worry about it. The holidays usually get busy for a lot of people so it's no problem. Glad you're still with us!

@fortworth96- Yes, sign ups are open for probably one more slot, though unlike Raikiri, I have a bit of a problem with a character having Haki so early in the RP, especially if that person will also have a Devil Fruit. I know you're still working on the SU, but I encourage you to either drop the DF power, or drop the Haki, but don't keep both (With so many DF users, I recommend sticking with the brass knuckles and haki, but that's up to you!)

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
@Everyone: So new posts are up! Yayyy! Both are fun reads in my personal opinion. For the second post, do not feel obligated to into the fight. It is more to provide those who don't have their own thing planned to get involved. Otherwise, feel free to wander Duke Island for a bit more. Also, SV and I (mostly SV because I am lazy) with be gradually updating the wiki more regularly with all the new characters. Hopefully, we can find time to flesh out the pages too. But no promises there.

If they are any questions, throw them at us either here or on the etherpad. We'll be glad to help.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
The two newest posts are -awesome- reads. Now I just need to figure out how to get poor Vance involved, which shouldn't be hard. xP

On another note, Welcome aboard, Fort :D You've made a really interesting character and I'm looking forward to having Vance interact with her!

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Haki is an ability to sense spiritual energy and overpower enemies. In a way, it's sort of like heightened senses.

Back