• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] One Piece: The Golden Age (OOC + SU) Rated T

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Sorry if this question is a bother, but I'm a little unclear if you're accepting SU's currently or not. The opening post in this OOC says they're closed, but I can see a bit of discussion about there possibly being a spot or two, so I wanted to check which I should take as the most up to date instruction.

If there are any spots I'd love to apply. If not, I'll probably just read along! Cheers.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
@Synthet: I apologize for the confusion and happy to see you are interested. I will need to talk to SV to clarify amongst ourselves (the GMs) and the rest of the RP about how many new SUs we will accept. With that being said, I would say start thinking of an SU because I think we will allow for at least one more SU (that being you as Fortworth is probably going to be accepted unless SV and/or myself find something terribly wrong with it when we discuss it today) seeing how about 2 or 3 people dropped out over the holiday break.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Thanks for the speedy reply Raikiri, I'll get my thinking helmet (the cap didn't offer enough protection) on and see what I can come up with. I've noticed quite a few people already have Devil Fruit powers/abilities, so I'll try and avoid that. If my char ends up finding a fruit during the RP then that would feel more natural to me.

Do we have a skewed proportion of males to females, or any roles in the crew that need to be filled? I know the party line is "play what you want" but I like doing the things others aren't, or filling a job/role/character type that's currently empty.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
At the risk of sounding like Luffy, I think we need a musician. Though, I think our "cook" also dropped out too. I think we are about even when it comes males and females. But I am an English major and can't be bothered to count and try to do math xD

But I am very much in agreement with you when it comes to passing on a fruit for now and possibly coming across one later. *thumbs up*

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
"At the risk of sounding like Luffy, I think we need a musician. Though, I think our "cook" also dropped out too."

Yes. YES. We need a cook! The only cook we had was Claire, and she wasn't even a proper cook, she was only decent at it XD So someone who actually has chef-experience would be super-cool. Not that you'd have to make an SU around that, Syn. I'd say, think up your SU and post it, even if we haven't said yes or no. Chances are SV and Rai will just go "Ah well, he posted it, we might as well let him join" ;P They're softies like that.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Ah, just for the record I was thinking Lotte could serve as the musician when I made her (thus why she's so useless in all other categories) just, she doesn't know any pirate songs so I was going to have her learn them from someone over the course of the RP. /thumbs up

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
I had a feeling that Lotte was supposed to serve that role but wasn't quite sure xD

Glad to see if she will though :D

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
What about my SU? I don't think anything has been said about it yet. I made it ahead of time reserving a spot for when it opened up for people.

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
So after talking it over with Raikiri, we decided we'll probably have 2 spots open for the last three people to apply for. We don't want to make this RP too crowded, so it's probably best if we limit it at that. So we're going to hold off on accepting fortworth96 until the other two people have completed their sign ups (or decided not to do them). Then we'll look at all of them. I think giving until Friday for you guys to finish up your SUs is fair. If someone doesn't complete theirs by Friday, we'll likely accept the other two (if they're up to our standards, of course).

For everyone else, if you'd like to do a JP at all regarding fighting someone in particular among the Stray Pirates, let us know and we can arrange that! As always, PM and VM with comments and suggestions are welcome.

Years
I'm not sure if I'll get in on the Stray Pirates thing or not, but just out of curiosity; how strong are they compared to our characters?

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
The unnamed Stray Pirates shouldn't be much of a problem for your characters. You'll have a little bit more trouble with the four named Strays, probably most particularly the first mate Marcello "Beauty" Ladorra, who has pretty impressive physical strength, but they're not too big of a threat to you, I'd say. Let's just say their bounties reflect their levels. xD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Thanks for the info SV, I'm working on an SU. It should be up today or tomorrow hopefully but I'm having a very strange week, so I appreciate the Friday deadline.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Here you go! I want to note that I'm doing something a bit odd and Private Messaging *more* information on this character directly to both SV and Raikiri in order to hopefully set up some things for this character if she's accepted. Thank you!

Name: Kara

Epithet/Nickname: The Shotgun Chef

Appearance: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-H55BKUCIR...s/gJGwx_WU2X4/s1600/PREMIUM+%2528363%2529.jpg

Personality: Kara is overall a serious and mature woman rarely engaging in tomfoolery, maintaining a quiet manner and reserved nature. She enjoys peace, often staring out to the ocean for hours on end and finds unnecessary bravado or raucousness distasteful. That isn't to say she doesn't enjoy a good time, but only with people she considers true and trustworthy friends. When in the company of nakama she can sing and shout with the best, but looks down on those who party with strangers. Her view is that you should only reveal the joy in your heart to the people you decide are worthy of feeling joyful. She seems to find her first profession – cooking – distasteful and can only bring herself to do it when under the influence. If given no choice but to cook sober the results are usually bland at best, entirely edible and nutritious but holding all the flavor of watered down porridge. She is slow to accept people as friends, and slower still to accept them as nakama, but is equally slow to forgive. Once someone has earned the title of nakama Kara will defend them with her life, willing to sacrifice her own goals and dreams to further their own. She claims to never seek out trouble but is often at the centre of it, exasperated by the noise.

History: Not a great deal is known about The Shotgun Chef. It's rumored she ran a restaurant at one point, or that she destroyed one, or that she was married to a monstrous pirate… no ones entirely sure of the truth about her early life. All that is known for certain is that she joined The Marines later in life than one normally does. Her career path within The Marines is as uncertain as her time before enlisting. She signed on as a chef but somehow transferred to an officers role, gaining the rank of Ensign. Her early time as a chef in The Marines is known to be a disaster – once threatening the head chef with a shotgun, but she was a competent and respected officer – however she ended up there. She was rumoured to be up for promotion but abruptly went AWOL and is currently wanted for desertion. Since leaving The Marines she has spent several years sailing apparently aimlessly, finding (or causing) trouble wherever she goes.

Devil Fruit/Equipment/Weapon: Without a Devil Fruit Power, superhuman abilities or skills Kara is forced to rely on more conventional methods for self defense. She always keeps a dagger tucked into each boot, because a lady never knows when she'll need to stab something. A standard and unremarkable flintlock pistol usually resides on each hip giving her an advantage over the average sword-wielding buccaneer. When she expects trouble is on its way a standard-issue Marine rifle is slung across her back and a sawn-off shotgun rests in a holster across the small of her back – giving her the moniker of Shotgun Chef. She has considerable skill with a sword, equal to most mid-level Pirates and Marines in East Blue but she never appears to carry one. She can hold her own in a brawl and is a far better fighter than the average citizen. Against any enemies of note however she will be woefully outmatched, relying on her ingenuity to keep her alive until a rescue can arrive.

Goal/Dream: Kara wants to cook with all the ingredients in the world, including things that many other chefs would never consider to be ingredients.

Other/Quirks: Kara is a terrible timekeeper outside of the kitchen. She can boil an egg perfectly without a timer and knows exactly when her soufflé needs to be taken out of the oven, but if you ask her to wait for five minutes before ringing a bell the bell will be rung either after twenty seconds or two hours. Watches always break when she tries to use them.
Gets roaring drunk while she cooks – is reluctant to cook without alcohol. Results without alcohol are usually poor.
Often finds herself the source of conflicts she never intended and usually does very little to spark.

Current Bounty: 100,000 Beli/Beri – Desertion

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
SUs looking good thus far! If all three of you do manage to finish before Friday, just let us know here in the OOC so that we could review them ahead of time and so that you guys can get started!

Just a bit of a heads up, I'm currently working on two jps with SB and Aqueus. Leon will be fighting Beauty (personally, I think that's a great match-up!) so if anyone else wants a crack at the others, speak up! If not, Kuzo and Morgan will be more than happy to dispatch with them. I might let Kuzo take on Broccoli if no one else wants to, maybe finally reveal his Devil Fruit too! xD

For everyone else who doesn't get in on the action, never fear! There's plenty more where that came from on the way! This is a relatively minor and quick set of fights, but enjoy it nonetheless!

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Well, let's see... captain-guy, macho-transvestite which Leon's grabbing, guy missing a front tooth and a girl. I think I'd like for Vance to fight the girl :P Seems more than reasonable considering he doesn't want to fight in the first place, but is sort of forced to it!

Years
I'm somewhat busy with by interaction with Alby, I might sit this one out and then pull a Sanji and show up when the fight is already over.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
I'm partial to wanting Morgan taking on the Captain only because he is convinced Morgan is a fake. But if someone else wants to take a crack at him, I will gladly allow them to do it.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
Sorry for taking so long with my SU, but I really wanted to put some work in it (I'm nowhere near as talented as some of you other RPers :D ). I'm gonna post it tomorrow.

Back