• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2014
Rather than remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, I'd prefer if they just did remakes of Emerald and Platinum. I know Platinum is only 5 or 6 years old, but the Distortion World in 3D would be awesome.

Back to Hoenn specifically, what would people want to see in a Hoenn remake?

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
Years
I'd say RSEmakes are likely. I think Nintendo didn't make them in Gen V because they wanted to move on to the 3DS while it was still "new". However, I'd say we'll see them before X/Y 2.

What do you guys think would be good names?

That would make sense. And I would absolutely love to see the remakes in 3D. <3 Omg GameFreak make it happen!

As for possible names, I think DesertRuby and OceanSapphire would be fitting if you take Team Magma's / Team Aqua's plans into account. Team Magma: dry up all the water to make more land = the world becomes one giant desert. Team Aqua: make more water for Water-type Pokemon = the world floods and is completely covered by oceans.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
One thing that I actually liked about Hoenn (and why I find it unique) was that you can get lost in the sea routes. I was never that lost in any other pokemon game, but in RS I find myself constantly referring to the map every once in a while when traveling in the sea routes.

Referring back to XY, there's this swimmer at Azure Bay who claims to have swam all the way from Hoenn. I'm actually rather intrigued by this. Could Hoenn be somewhat near Kalos in the Pokemon World? Maybe it's just game talk but it is definitely possible since the western bank of Kalos is facing the sea (the other side could be Mossdeep/Ever Grande)

Whenever I tread into Hoenn's "sea" (AKA, anything beyond Lilycove City and Pacifidlog Town) I can generally make my way between the waters of Lilycove City (swim left!), Mossdeep City (swim up-right!), Sootopolis City (swim until you see huge diving areas), and Evergrande City (swim really right!) from memory alone, but occasionally I still have to reference the Hoenn map because all the water eventually just blurs together and kind of looks the same. XD Fly helps to mitigate the issue, though!

That "swimming path" thing sounds interesting, though.

Don't take this too seriously.

Recently Junichi Masuda has been visiting Kyushu quite a bit. Although it's not really that much of a surprise (he lives in Japan, plus he has relatives there), he has one twitter post that has a pic of (Google Earth) Kyushu region attached. I wonder what is the significance of that.. since he can just make that post without the screenshot.

Screenshot below:

Spoiler:

AAGH, despite the fact that relatives are a logical reason to visit Kyushu, it's like Game Freak is creating multiple opportunities for me to yell "HOENN CONFIRMED" and just dragging it out as long as possible.. All of these instances that I really want to tie to "hints" of Hoenn remakes potentially existing (and from what I've learned, practically anything can be perceived as a "hint/clue" in retrospect), yet there are other reasonable explanations.. T_T

I just had a random thought... what iiiif:

In RSE Remakes, They make an event where YOU CAN GO TO SPACE to catch Jirachi and Deoxys? Like in those old rumors.

Yeah, those events totally need to happen. Then the rockets and that "mysterious" white rock can have much more significance than just tabulating how many weeks your game file has been active and just sitting there as a Red Herring, respectively. Oh, and that old rumor of the infinitesimal chance of encountering Celebi west of Lilycove City!

I'd say RSEmakes are likely. I think Nintendo didn't make them in Gen V because they wanted to move on to the 3DS while it was still "new". However, I'd say we'll see them before X/Y 2.

What do you guys think would be good names?

Maybe you're Dad could give you a Mega Ring when you beat him? I dunno, it seems like soemthing he might have.

Also, if we do get remakes, I'd love to see some Hoenn pokemon get Mega's. Slakoth, Spinda, Relicanth, Breloom... It'd be pretty cool.

Norman having a Mega Ring makes a lot of sense; he practically lives for Pokemon battling. XD There are a lot of Hoenn Mega Evolutions that I'd like to see, but the two that have to exist in my opinion are Mega Swampert and Mega Sceptile, so that Mega Blaziken stops imbalancing things/receiving favoritism.. On that note, I don't even know why Mega Lati@s even exist(s) as opposed to Mega Swampert and Mega Sceptile; they're already overpowered with the Soul Dew item as it is (which in itself is practically banned everywhere where it could actually be put to great use).

Maybe they'll be ExplodingRuby, and TempestSapphire. Or RadiantRuby, and ShimmeringSapphire.

Maybe looking back will give us some hints. The gen I remakes had nature related names, which makes sense as one of the Kanto region's themes was natural and artificial (at least legends and mascots wise). Johto however was more spiritual, with it the region having been based on a part of Japan that was heavily influenced by Buddhism.
Now Hoenn's themes are nature, and opposites. Maybe they'll be called LandRuby and SeaSapphire. Or perhaps they'll share their name with my username

As for names, I'm hoping that Game Freak gets beautifully creative with the names like they did for Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (from what I've seen, practically no one guessed those titles; (Dawn/Dusk)Gold and (Dusk/Dawn)Silver were the names I saw suggested the most).. Although FireRed and LeafGreen were somewhat blatant themselves, at least LeafGreen opted to use "Leaf" rather than "Grass"! Most names that I've seen so far either don't "counterpart/oppose each other" properly in my opinion or are too blatant (mostly anything involving the land/sea duality or magma/aqua duality).. HeartGold struck me as a unique title in that it wasn't too obvious, it seems like one would be more inclined to link Ho-Oh with the skies, rainbows, or the sun before linking it with "heart", of all things (at least the title has a little precedence with the legend about Ho-Oh seeking out someone 'pure of heart', which arguably could be likened to the phrase "heart of gold").

Sounds good to me. I'd like to play something familiar for a change.

hCB0091D8

This is what happens with a rumor. The rumor is started, everyone goes, "where?" And then, gamefreak busts the rumor and bursts out laughing. Perfect analogy right there.

{XD} (On a Super Smash Bros.-related note, you could probably replace "Hoenn remake" with "Mewtwo" or "Ridley" and get the same effect. XD)
This image reminds me of when Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire: Super Music Collection was announced on The Pokemon Company International's Facebook page (for some reason, I've scoured their page but can't find/see the post at the moment :(); complete with album artwork - due to not seeing anything specifically Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire-related on the page in ages, a lot of people initially thought that the image signified Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remakes rather than "music of Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire officially released" (but hey, that's great, too!). XD I was aware of the "periodic release of Pokemon core series videogame soundtracks", so thankfully I wasn't caught off-guard. :P

Spoiler:

But honestly, the proposal/existence of "Hoenn remakes" will probably rank among "the great videogame achievements of our era that got dragged on for so, so long", right in rank with "Mewtwo's return to the Super Smash Bros. series as a playable character" and "Ridley's debut as a playable character in the Super Smash Bros. series". I mean, seriously, as much as I want the remakes to exist, I'd like to see something other than "Hoenn remakes plz?" on the English Pokemon Facebook page. >_>

Additionally, I laughed at this comment on the English Pokemon Facebook page (among other hilarious remarks)...:

Pokémon
Visiting a Day Care for the first time in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y? Put a Pokémon with the Flame Body or Magma Armor ability in your party and Pokémon eggs found at the Day Care will hatch twice as fast!

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...51.53034.230809307041021&type=1&stream_ref=10

Joseph Brandon Crihfield The only time i want you guys to use the word magma is when you tell us that team magma and aqua are causing trouble in the remake of pokemon Ruby and Sapphire

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...omment_id=2076942&offset=0&total_comments=289

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
DesertRuby and OceanSapphire are great names.
Maybe the remake names will fit in with the 3D theme of the current generation...or maybe the fact that they're 3rd generation remakes is punny enough to fit...

I'm hoping that they'll put the Tao trio at Meteor Falls. I believe in the originals someone mentioned something about a white Dragon (well there's Shellgon, but one can only find Bagon not Shellgons there). Also they should put Deoxys' stones there.
Also a Creation Pillar with the Creation trio. Also the Kami trio and the Musketeers. Or perhaps they'll save Creation or Tao trio's for Z...
I hope that the logo looks as cool as HGSS' did.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
So,Pokémon Emerald remake would be Pokémon E-Z-merald xD.

I'm hoping they make battle frontier island bigger, and allow us to explore the surrounding area, maybe a few islands. Perhaps one could have Jiranchi as reference to how Pokémon Special had it in BF.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
…if a R/S/E remakes are made, what does that mean for timeline of Gen 1? Would that mean that we also get updated versions of FR/LG because they all take place at the same time in 3rd Gen or are they going to forget about Kanto altogether because X/Y allows you to get all of the Kanto Pokemon in Kalos (funny enough, in almost the same methods as you did in the Kanto games).

By the way I think that Kanto should get something too...maybe it'll be included in these remakes :3.

Like I said earlier, I wouldn't mind updates of FR/LG to go along with remakes of R/S/E (the order doesn't matter, really.)

Hoenn is my favorite region, I wouldn't hate a remake, but I don't think it's necessary. Sort of like B2W2, I would much rather prefer an extension to the games. Expand the story. Make a second Hoenn chapter. I would love it. A remake would bring in lots of money, but I think they could make both a remake, and then something like S2R2E2. That would bring in so much money, they couldn't even imagine. A remake could be done pretty fast, and then released at the same time, or right around the same time as the second story. As a Hoenn fan, that's my dream for Hoenn.

I think they aren't doing it because the games are currently compatible. If they do a Hoenn remake for the 3DS, people will start pushing for gen 4 remakes, which don't need to happen. Not yet, at least.

A sequel to Hoenn would feel out of place imo. Sinnoh is the one that could use one...so maybe instead of DPP...

Sequels to both the main Hoenn and main Sinnoh games would be nice to have after the Hoenn and Sinnoh remakes, the latter of which we should wait a generation for; and I think that a character in the Sinnoh GameFreak building mentioned that they might remake Diamond and Pearl eventually (or was that guy mentioning that they were working on a remake of a pair of past games — i. e.: HG/SS?) What I hope for is that GameFreak will eventually just put all of every region's games on the eShop and update them every generation some time around when they release that generation's main games. Whatever happens, though, I want to be able to import my old save files using a combination of the 3DS's DS/DSi backwards-compatibility mode, DS Download Play, and DS Dual Slot!

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Yeah, a 3DS remake would make them a lot more money. You know the water would be less annoying (for those who found it annoying) if they add more islands in between routes, and new areas to explore (like the Sevii islands, and the new routes in Johto).

Not to mention that there would be a lot more variety in terms of the different Water- and Flying-type Pokémon available for capture…

Referring back to XY, there's this swimmer at Azure Bay who claims to have swam all the way from Hoenn. I'm actually rather intrigued by this. Could Hoenn be somewhat near Kalos in the Pokemon World? Maybe it's just game talk but it is definitely possible since the western bank of Kalos is facing the sea (the other side could be Mossdeep/Ever Grande)

Well, that's actually not possible unless the guy swum through the entirety of Asia and Europe to get there since the Hoenn region is based on Kyūshū, which is part of Japan, while the Kalos region was inspired by northern France.

I definitely do have a feeling that we are due Hoenn Remakes, these past few months have provided us with plenty of notable hints and/or clues that may suggest a Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Remake either this year or next. Surely we are due news soon regarding the next set of main series Pokemon game(s), perhaps in May we will get some sort of global announcement via Pokemon Direct like they did with Pokemon X and Y hopefully?

Maybe Nintendo will announce something on GameFreak's behalf during E3?

Last edited by a moderator:

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Well, that's actually not possible unless the guy swum through the entirety of Asia and Europe to get there since the Hoenn region is based on Kyūshū, which is part of Japan, while the Kalos region was inspired by northern France.
Well, the game world need not be the same as the real world.
Even though Kalos is based on real world France, but it need not be too far away from other regions in the game world.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years

Well, the game world need not be the same as the real world.
Even though Kalos is based on real world France, but it need not be too far away from other regions in the game world.

Japan being next to France, though? That's just…well, it's just weird, if you really think about it. I've always thought that the Pokémon world's layout was based on that of the real world, to be honest. (It's size, though, is another matter: how can that many cities fit in that little space!?! Especially when you add in the anime-exclusive cities and towns, it makes you start to the think that the Pokémon world is a whole lot bigger than ours.)

Last edited:

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Maybe Nintendo will announce something on GameFreak's behalf during E3?

The Year of Game Freak sounds irritating.

I'm only saying that such an announcement would probably just be lumped in with the rest of the ones that Nintendo plans to make at E3 this year instead of being made in its own, special Nintendo Direct this month unless Nintendo has already planned on doing such a presentation this month and GameFreak is ready to announce the RSE remakes.

DanZC

Pokemon Trainer Dan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 13, 2018
I think sequels would be much easier on the timeline. Considering that Gen VI takes place years after Gen I/III, Ruby and Sapphire remakes wouldn't make a lot of sense, unless they did weird time travel crap when connecting with X/Y or disallowed connection with X/Y and made all of the new Pokemon and the new type inaccessible. Sequels would allow stuff like the fairy type, new Gen VI Pokemon, Mega Evolutions to exist and make sense. It would also give us back story as to what happen in Hoenn between Gen III and Gen VI.
Having I/III/VI happening at the same time contradicts the fact that Gen VI takes place a few years after Gen V.5. Gen V.5 takes place two years after Gen V.0, which takes place a couple years after Gen II/IV. Gen II/IV obviously take place after Gen I/III. Then again, when has time been consistent in Pokemon?
Spoiler:

Of course, Gen V doesn't follow the whole time thing, because Black 1 and White 1 can connect with Black 2 and White 2 without any sort of time device.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I've always thought that the Pokémon world's layout was based on that of the real world, to be honest.
It's not though. Some parts of some regions are inspired by some parts of the real world, but it's all mixed together in whatever way serves the purposes of the games. If GF wants to put some bits that appear to have been inspired by parts of France next to some bits that appear to have been inspired by parts of Japan, they will, just like they put a desert shanty town next to the bit of Unova that appears to have been inspired by Manhattan.

I think sequels would be much easier on the timeline. Considering that Gen VI takes place years after Gen I/III, Ruby and Sapphire remakes wouldn't make a lot of sense, unless they did weird time travel crap when connecting with X/Y or disallowed connection with X/Y and made all of the new Pokemon and the new type inaccessible. Sequels would allow stuff like the fairy type, new Gen VI Pokemon, Mega Evolutions to exist and make sense. It would also give us back story as to what happen in Hoenn between Gen III and Gen VI.
I agree with all of this - both the preference and the reasoning behind it. And I won't be in the least surprised if it's exactly what GF does.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Japan being next to France, though? That's just…well, it's just weird, if you really think about it. I've always thought that the Pokémon world's layout was based on that of the real world, to be honest. (It's size, though, is another matter: how can that many cities fit in that little space!?! Especially when you add in the anime-exclusive cities and towns, it makes you start to the think that the Pokémon world is a whole lot bigger than ours.)

The thing is, no one knows for sure. Game Freak did mention that Unova is far away, and it IS very obvious. As for Kalos, Game Freak didn't say a word about it's actual location in the game world. From the route system it can be assumed that Kalos is far away, but is it really so? Possibly.

But looking at various NPCs in XY as well as the tourists, I get the feeling that Kalos is somewhat close to the Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh mainland, where the people there head down to Kalos for a getaway. However, many Japanese also visit France... So only Game Freak knows exactly what's going on here.

Last edited:

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
It's FINALLY HAPPENING GUYS

I'm going to cry, but the trailer revealed nothing except for those sexy box arts

Yeah, I hoped to see some graphics of sorts. I didn't really like Hoenn. I liked the characters, but not the story progression, so I only got to the fifth badge.

Although the video is confirmation in the very least, it's still a bit disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back