• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troock

Whatever Forever
Years
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!! The pokémon remake we have all been waiting for!

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

So what do you guys want in these new games and how do you feel about them? Also do you guys think Gamefreak is finally gonna stop making every new game they release easier than the last one? They have been doing that since gen V, they really oughta stop doing that imo.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't have enough information to feel anything about it, honestly. The video has literally no information other than the names. Kyogre's cover art looks pretty cool I guess. Here's the video for those too lazy to google it:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
PLEASE BE IT A WORLDWIDE RELEASE AS WELL

Because it would be a wonderful birthday present :D

Well I was going to buy them anyway but that would be a nice excuse.

Years
I have to admit the names were not what I was once speculating, don't know what the "Omega" and "Alpha" has to do with the theme Ruby/Sapphire had but I'm pretty sure this will be the Ruby and Sapphire remakes we all wanted. Now I know why 5th Gen never had them, because I knew they would be on the 3DS in the first place.

Can't wait to see information or footage of the new games.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
We can't exactly shut down the idea that it's a sequel to RSE since the words "Alpha" and "Omega" aren't exactly something you'd put in a remake. Either way, this is actually amazing news. The Pokemon fanbase finally got something that they have been waiting for!

When I saw the video, I literally ran around the house and rolled on the floor help pls

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen yesterday
Spoiler:

Another worldwide launch eh? Glad to see they're sticking to that format after XY. I'm curious, compared to FRLG and HGSS' (remember the gold and silver balls?) announcements, how was ORAS' announcement?

James

Make it double!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 31, 2017
OH MAN I AM SO PUMPED FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was having a really crappy day and this made me so happy. Ive been playing through my Saphire game recently and i just found out about this. Gonna pre-order tonight i i cant.

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
Years
WHOAWHOAWHOAWHOA
Just heard this somewhere and I freaked out, ran to my computer and checked Serebii.
I don't know what to say. I got really stoked for all of this and they are actually making it. On a device that I have!

(yeah, I had to buy a 3DS to play X/Y :/ )

Troock

Whatever Forever
Years
I don't really care that there's no gameplay footage yet. They probably didn't add gameplay footage because they don't really have enough gameplay for it yet. We would have had to wait longer if they decided to release a video with gameplay. Now we can hype for screenshots or gameplay. :D

Really looking forward to seeing Hoenn with X&Y graphics btw, the underwater stuff is gonna look so cool!!!

It's probably a remake rather than a sequel. The R&S remakes had been expected, after FR&LG and HG&SS, so it would be odd for them to make a sequel to R&S now instead of a remake. If they wanted to make a sequel, they would probably have made it for X&Y, like with B2&W2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back