• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    My few cents on the topic:

Mega starters. Please. My favorite Pokemon is Swampert and just please.
    Maybe we can pick two starters again? And both sets get Megas? (Perhaps gen 2 starters? Just rambling with this one)

"New" adventure. It could be sequels, it could just be a slightly new Hoenn, but SOMETHING needs to change.
    With the nerfing of Drizzle and Drought, the plot of RSE no longer works. You can't summon infinite sun or rain if it only lasts 5 turns. And I doubt they want you to stick a Heat Stone or Damp Rock on these legends.

In regards to that, I think the cover is showing Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre. That would be the easiest way to give them new, actually permanent weather abilities. Or maybe they will have completely new abilities in regards to a new plot!

As long as they try to give us multi-dimensional, deep characters like in gen 5, along with a more fleshed out plot (like gen 5) I'll be happy with any and all changes they make (but please keep a double battle Gym Leader that was so cool).

I truly can't believe this is really happening. It was really so sudden. No "get ready for an amazing announcement on Wednesday" or anything.
    Hoenn confirmed.

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
    Years
  • Thoughts on Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

Because we needed this thread. If you didn't see it yet, what are you be sure to check out https://pokemon.com and find out about the new subject we'll all be talking about the coming, like, year.

What do you think these games should include? Should they have Super Training and Pokemon-Amie? Which story should they follow? What else should be changed (or not be changed) in the two new, highly expected Pokemon "reimaginations"?

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years
  • Remakes? They didn't confirm that they were remakes. :o

Edit: Just noticed the box colors. That's awesome!

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
    Years
  • Well I'm kinda thrilled :D
    Ruby and Sapphire were a great generation. Even though many people didn't like it that much, it brang us lots of new cool Pokémon and the story was also very nice. I especially love the locations and Flannery was always one of my favourite GYM Leaders :D

I really want to have more information and some footage because I want to see how they turn Hoenn (or a new Region??) to full 3D. What I'm also curious about is what they will change and add and and and... :D

According to the box art, you see that the symbols/lines on Groudon and Kyogre are not the one we know. They're similar but different if you look close. So maybe a mega evolution but it really doesn't look like it somehow.. therefore they still look to 'normal' in a way.

Well anyways they will get me with Omega Ruby!! :D

Obviously I'm not "many people". Emerald was my first and, by far, most favourite Pokémon game.

I reckon GF are gonna 1-up mega evolutions with Groudon and Kyogre and, while a risky strategy with 2 super-popular legendaries all I can say is I welcome the concept.

Here's the video since the creator didn't actually provide a direct link to it (Also on https://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml).

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years
  • Just to put it out there, we don't know that they're remakes yet. But I'm really flipping out right now either way.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Just to put it out there, we don't know that they're remakes yet. But I'm really flipping out right now either way.

What the hell else would they be? They're called Ruby and Sapphire, and they have Groudon and Kyogre as their temp boxart. They're remakes bro

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Some hopes:
    - Contests should have an EPIC comeback. FULL 3D attack moves where there's a spotlight on the Pokemon and the attacks are made longer in full on the 3DS top screen.
    - Make the E4 tougher. Steven/Wallace should be at Lv65 at least.
    - Actual gym leader and E4 rematches
    - REALLY hoping for the return of the game corner and secret bases (no secret power please, but I guess I won't mind since TMs are now of unlimited use)

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
  • Um, guys, the original Hoenn games are still compactible to XY via long transfers to Gen IV games to Gen V games, which means we should be outraged for these cop-out remakes as completely unnecessary additions.

Outrage for what? Us hoenn fans has been asking for a remake ever since HGSS.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Outrage for what? Us hoenn fans has been asking for a remake ever since HGSS.

Yes, but those Hoenn fans have forgotten that the original Gen 3 games are still compactible to transfer, meaning that there's no point in Hoenn remakes in the first place unless Game Freak purposely made XY incompactible to transfer Pokemon from previous gen games, which didn't happen. Not to mention remakes are suppose to take place in the same timeline as the current gen games at the time, but Gen VI is set years after the events of Gens I and III.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • My speculations.
    Pros:

1. 1. The region the man in the hotel was talking about could be the main region.
    2. 2. New Female Player Character.

Cons:

1. RSE occurred the same time as RBY/FRLG, does that mean X and Y occurred the same time, BUT! Looker is in X and Y, is this before he went to Sinnoh, in which the events of DPPt occurred AFTER RSE? Or have we got a whole new game and story on our hands?!

Years
    • Seen today
    Some hopes:
    - Contests should have an EPIC comeback. FULL 3D attack moves where there's a spotlight on the Pokemon and the attacks are made longer in full on the 3DS top screen.
    - Make the E4 tougher. Steven/Wallace should be at Lv65 at least.
    - Actual gym leader and E4 rematches
    - REALLY hoping for the return of the game corner and secret bases (no secret power please, but I guess I won't mind since TMs are now of unlimited use)

I disagree with this, and the other ideas to make the game harder. Average playthroughs aren't supposed to be hard - they're supposed to be fun. Just don't make them too easy.

If you find the games too easy, there's always ways to play through the game to make it harder on yourself. However, if they made the game too hard for you, there's no way to make it easier on yourself.

I know it's just the way I play, but in Hoenn-based games, I routinely end up at the E4 before half my team is even at level 35. It's plenty difficult enough when not even your starter is fully evolved. And that's just how I play normally.

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
  • Yes, but those Hoenn fans have forgotten that the original Gen 3 games are still compactible to transfer, meaning that there's no point in Hoenn remakes in the first place unless Game Freak purposely made XY incompactible to transfer Pokemon from previous gen games, which didn't happen.

Not everything is about "transferring" pokemon for us. Hoenn was one of my favorite generation, getting to replay in 3D and new graphics is worth it for us. We endure stuff like that ever since we been asking for a remake. "Hoenn remake wouldn't happen 'cause it's still compatible, blah, blah"

Sorry but you can keep being salty about the remake, and just remember us Hoenn fans endure a lot when people were trying to shoot down the chances of the remake.

Leo the Lion

Too many sexy people in this world, all of them fi
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Yes, but those Hoenn fans have forgotten that the original Gen 3 games are still compactible to transfer, meaning that there's no point in Hoenn remakes in the first place unless Game Freak purposely made XY incompactible to transfer Pokemon from previous gen games, which didn't happen. Not to mention remakes are suppose to take place in the same timeline as the current gen games at the time, but Gen VI is set years after the events of Gens I and III.

Weellll you have to pay... :?
    And we just love the fact that HOENN IS FREAKING CONFIRMEDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I doubt Game Freak cares that much about the timeline. It's also getting a bit ridiculous to transfer from Gen 3 games all the way up to Gen 6. Besides, people have been wanting a remake of Ruby/Sapphire for years; Game Freak is a company, so their first and foremost interest is making money. They know that people really want a R/S remake, so they'll make it because they know it'll sell well and they'll be rolling in money.

Also, can someone post the link to this video suppossedly confirming these remakes? I'm too lazy to search for it myself.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • My speculations.
    Pros:

1. 1. The region the man in the hotel was talking about could be the main region.
    2. 2. New Female Player Character.

Wouldn't #2 be listed under Cons due to how iconic May is to the fans?

Cons:

1. RSE occurred the same time as RBY/FRLG, does that mean X and Y occurred the same time, BUT! Looker is in X and Y, is this before he went to Sinnoh, in which the events of DPPt occurred AFTER RSE? Or have we got a whole new game and story on our hands?!

This, along with the fact that the original R/S/E games are still compactible to transfer to X and Y, making it all the more confusing that you're transfering Hoenn Pokemon in complete circles.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020

Who said anything about remakes having any coherence in any timeline of any sort? And like people have already said, trading compatibility is not the sole point of remaking a game.

Yes, the purpose of remakes was at one point to rekindle the lost links between Kanto Pokémon and Gen III, but compatibility is no longer the point here. If that were the sole reason then the argument for remakes would have been eliminated a long time ago.

There's been a consistent pattern (with the slight exception of Gen V) when it comes to release types in generations. This is a perfect fit into that pattern.

Ruby/Sapphire are more than 10 years old now. In the context of Nintendo releases, it's about time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back