• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overated gen 1 pokemon

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Explain how you mean overated...? I've never heard Pidgeot be called overated lol.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Charizard and Pikachu are Pokemon that I think of when someone says 'Gen 1' so does that count? lol ;-; I guess Dragonite and Gyarados and overrated because of their looks and power. lmao. Agreeing with ShinySalamence; Pidgeot is overrate, what?

Last edited:

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Charizard for obvious reasons. I hate when some Gen 1 fan comes out of nowhere and says My Charizard will destroy anything.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    CHARIZARD. I love Charizard, don't get me wrong, but how many of us that played RBY back in the day heard (or maybe said) "lolz my charizard can beat u cuz its da best pokemon evar" ~_______~ That being said, Pikachu is also overrated. I point to the anime here and almost every piece of Pokemon merchandise. That should explain it. And yeah, Pidgeot? lol That's not overrated. Sure, a lot of people use it, but...it's not like, super fantastic. I wouldn't call it overrated.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    overused pokemon count as overated and boy, alakazam and gyarados are overused by most ''power wankers''[someone who only get's strong pokemon]

Wow, in all my years of Pokemon I have never heard that term before. lmao.

I think that Eevee is a bit overrated, not overused, overrated. Difference. I see it plastered on quite a bit of merchandise, Meowth too.

Overused Pokemon do not count as overrated. Certain people can enjoy using the same Pokemon. But it doesn't necessarily mean that it's overrated.

saying overrated and overused is getting me confused. :<

Last edited:

ben cousins

Backspacer
    Years
    everyone having alakazam and gengar has taken the fun outta having the two oh and magmar was overated back in the day but these days people have come to realise how much that duck sucks, and scyther,you could say he's justified for being overated cos he owns but still he's nothing that speacial [even by gen 1's low standerds]

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Honestly? Probably Dragonite. Especially when actually playing Gen I games... but the whole Dragon type was held up to be this mythic and super-awesome breed and when you get down to it... I just wasn't impressed. Pretty much any Ice critter can take one down given its double weakness, and I just don't care about it.

BaileyPlaysPokemon

YouTube Vid maker, Gen I lover
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    As a gen I fan (whose favorite pokemon is Charmander), I sadly have to admit that in terms of battling he is with the overrated. The 4x super effective is a KILLER. I would never use him on a competitive team, but hat doesnt change the fact that he is SOO COOL!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Like what most people said, I think that Charizard is overrated because almost everyone would choose it due to it having a cool design.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Charizard, Dragonite, and Gengar.

All three are overrated and I make a point of not using them anymore.

Scat Away

Screws the Rules
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2011
    if you ask me, i'd say any PseudoLegendary is overrated, one reason i don't use them. Yes, I don't use PseudoLegendaries, is that a problem?

Oh yeah, and Pikachu, you cant go anywhere without seeing ONE pikachu in any game

Back