• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pairing up with Lance?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    That would be really cool and a big improvement :)

It'll definitely be an improvement, as it wasn't done so before. Also, it'll be a nice touch and be a big plus for Lance fans of the game and anime. It'll sure keep the game up to speed with more modern gaming of Pokémon such as Platinum. I for one would like this change and would be anxious to see how they make Lace battle in the game. The reason I say this is because sometimes when they have trainers pair up with us they never allow them to have good enough moves, and if they do, then never allow them to use it. For example, when we teamed up with Flint's brother from DPPt, his Claydol wouldn't have used the best of moves. Hopefully that won't be the case with Lance, because I know he isn't that kind of Elite to battle like that.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
  • zomg yes
    I'm a Lance fan and I'm totally looking forward to this. *u*
    I'm not sure if it'll be a double battle, though.
    However, it may be, since double battles weren't introduced back then, so they had to have single battles.
    BUT.
    Having any kind of battle with Lance is cool with me. *0*

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    You probably will.

(Maybe you and Lance would disguise as team rocket members. Remember it from the Anime?)

Pairing up with Lance?

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • I don't think they'd do what they did in the anime. But it's definitely possible that you'd get to battle with him... since it's been in every game since it was introduced. As long as it didn't make the battle(s) too easy, I wouldn't mind =P

Also, I think it's strange that GSC had so many opportunities for Double Battles (look at the "Twins" trainers, there were two people, even with two sprites, but it was still a single battle) but didn't because that style of battling wasn't implemented yet. I wonder if it was going to be in GSC but removed because of space constraints or something.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    You probably will.

(Maybe you and Lance would disguise as team rocket members. Remember it from the Anime?)

Pairing up with Lance?

Yes, there probably will be a chance to pair up with Lance. Though, I don't think they'll disguise him. That was simply a reference in the anime to him [/probably one of those other references to earning the remake coming out soon]. Anyway, no I don't think he'll disguise himself as they'll keep it the same in how he operated back in the originals. Just the change of him teaming up with us is a possibility, and not impossible either. Though, it'll be cool to have Lance disguise himself, I just don't see them taking it from the anime and using it as a reference to the remakes.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    Yes, there probably will be a chance to pair up with Lance. Though, I don't think they'll disguise him. That was simply a reference in the anime to him [/probably one of those other references to earning the remake coming out soon]. Anyway, no I don't think he'll disguise himself as they'll keep it the same in how he operated back in the originals. Just the change of him teaming up with us is a possibility, and not impossible either. Though, it'll be cool to have Lance disguise himself, I just don't see them taking it from the anime and using it as a reference to the remakes.

Probably right, but something everyone seems to be forgeting was that this picture was from when Ash was traveling in Johto even before R/S/E/FR/LG. XD

Years
  • Yes, I agree, that battle against the Rocket Executives in the hideout is just asking to be made into a double battle.

If they do make this a double battle, I imagine it will be like the battle with Steven against Maxie and Tabitha, except they might omit the whole "pick three Pokemon" thing. In D/P/Pl, they let you use your whole team even in double battles with other characters. Then again, they might restrict you to using three Pokemon for an added challenge (this battle kind of needs one, as the Rocket Executives are pretty weak).

I don't know how they're going to work in the Dragonite thing, though, considering Dragonair evolves at the insanely high level of 55. I know Lance cheats with his Pokemon levels in the Champion battle, but at this point in the game, having a Dragonite is a bit ridiculous if they're going to make this a double battle against two relatively weak Rocket Executives.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yes, I agree, that battle against the Rocket Executives in the hideout is just asking to be made into a double battle.

If they do make this a double battle, I imagine it will be like the battle with Steven against Maxie and Tabitha, except they might omit the whole "pick three Pokemon" thing. In D/P/Pl, they let you use your whole team even in double battles with other characters. Then again, they might restrict you to using three Pokemon for an added challenge (this battle kind of needs one, as the Rocket Executives are pretty weak).

I don't know how they're going to work in the Dragonite thing, though, considering Dragonair evolves at the insanely high level of 55. I know Lance cheats with his Pokemon levels in the Champion battle, but at this point in the game, having a Dragonite is a bit ridiculous if they're going to make this a double battle against two relatively weak Rocket Executives.

It will most likely be displayed as something similar like how it occured in Pokémon Emerald. Except, I would think they'd raise the levels in the game. I mean they were all pretty low in the originals and may need some attention. With this being said, I'd think they'll allow us use our entire team over how we had to do it back in Emerald and choose three. Plus, in a battle against some evil crminals, I'd expect you wouldn't have time to selectively choose thee Pokémon of your team, but rather get direct to the point. I agree though, the Rocket Admins were pretty weak, and with a double battle they'll appear even easier, so it'll definitely need to be brushed up upon if a tag team match with Lance were to occur.

As for his Dragonite, this really all depends on where the situation stands for the game. If levels turn out to be higher and is pretty reasonble to show Lance's Dragonite, then so be it. Though, like Steven, he may just end up having the second stage evolution of it, just like how Steven had Metang instead of Metagross. If it is kept how it was in the originals however, then I can say it'll be a very huge cheat on Lance's part and add in some disruption with his levels. Anyhow, the thought is a pretty good one, and I'd like for this to happen as sharing a battle with Lance might end up being pretty memorable for some.

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    I think it would be a good idea. Seeing his Pokes and being with maybe the champion.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I'd be awsome!Imagine Lance following you,and you two fight the rockets with double battle?

Years
  • I like how people assume that Lance will have teams of twenty-eights when he's in the town of the seventh gym leader.

They can make the game longer in general; you can see his team being three halves that high of a level bye the seventh gym.

Also, who's to say that Team Rocket can't be, you know, harder? You can remedy an easy area by actually making enemies dangerous. When you think about it, you're a ten-year-old kid attacking the base of a crime syndicate. Even if you have the help of a man with a dragon fetish, you'd be hard-pressed to badass the whole lot, regardless of the fact that main characters are automatically better than everyone else just 'cuz.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • You know, I could see this happening, it could also happen at the radio station when Team Rocket has taken control of it.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    For some reason I vaguely remember seeing a picture of Gold & Lance teaming up against someone...?

Really? It was in Mohagony Town where we had to challenge the Rocket Admins. There were two of them and you the trainer battled one and Lance battled the next. It was supposed to seem like a tag team match, but at that time double battles weren't brought in like how the Hoenn games introduced it. Anyway, yeah it was pretty cool event with Lance and GameFreak updating it to more of a modern battle style will be very pleasing.

I like how people assume that Lance will have teams of twenty-eights when he's in the town of the seventh gym leader.

They can make the game longer in general; you can see his team being three halves that high of a level bye the seventh gym.

Also, who's to say that Team Rocket can't be, you know, harder? You can remedy an easy area by actually making enemies dangerous. When you think about it, you're a ten-year-old kid attacking the base of a crime syndicate. Even if you have the help of a man with a dragon fetish, you'd be hard-pressed to badass the whole lot, regardless of the fact that main characters are automatically better than everyone else just 'cuz.

The only reason why some speculate he'll be that low is because no one can directly assume they'll highten the difficulty level of the game, which includes the level of Pokémon and people. Anyway, yeah, if the game's level becomes stronger, then we can definitely expect Lance to, for the least, be in his mid to late 40s.

As for the ten year old comment, the game has to have something unrealistic, or else it wouldn't be as fun. I mean who'd want to start their journey when they are, lets say 18, and begin to take down an evil organization. It's just more ineresting to see a younger kid do it, than what other games display. Plus, Lance is well enough support for us and with Pokémon I'm sure you can handle it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • The Radio Tower can be handled alone, and I'm almost positive that GameFreak will fix the level problem that we saw in the original games. The executives should be more difficult with the addition of new movesets that older Pokemon obtained from DPP.

ckn

A Black Animator
    Years
  • yeah with the updated style of play we have now im pretty sure they'll be a lance and you double battle. but im hoping for the rival and you double battle more XD

Back