• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Parts and features you like to see in the final version

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordDarkrai

Gamer
    Years
    I like to see a random wifi battle option. A option to go to the other regions like Kanto, etc. And that you could make your own trainer.

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
    I like to see a random wifi battle option. A option to go to the other regions like Kanto, etc. And that you could make your own trainer.

I think they should implement Kanto, or any other Region in this game, since supposedly, this Region is really far off, so you have to take a boat/plane. So why wouldn't we be able to take a boat/plane to a different region?

I want to see a re-made version of Hoenn. I'm tired of Johto, Kanto got boring, I've been playing in Sinnoh for the last year or so. I want to go back to Hoenn.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Please, please, no region-wishing. Kanto's been in four generations already and I reckon it's time we forgot about it. Focusing on making the region larger and chock full of stuff should definitely take priority over a second region. And you fans already got your Johto.
    Agreed. While Kanto is great, re-implementing it into games over and over is going to make it really boring and redundant after too long.

The customizable trainer seems like it'd be better suited for a console game, not a handheld. Most other games let you customize the protagonist by changing the colors of its hair or skin, which isn't quite the level of customization that people are looking for.

I think they spoiled a lot of people with the Poké Radar, so it'd be cool to see something like it put back in...maybe something that combines the Dowsing Machine and a radar into one, I dunno.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    One thing I'm interested in seeing is a more mature plot than the typical "defeat gym leaders, elite four, become champion while defending the world from an evil team after exploiting Pokémon for the sake of it." As far as criminal organizations, the only criminals that interested me were Cipher and that was due to their use of the Pokémon through shadow Pokémon. Based on the title of the game, ying and yang, I expect it to have a little more with good and evil to be in the plot. I'm really excited to see if there is a change in the plot (or even a real plot at all). The use of a plot will really push my interest in this game, apart from the wonderful battle system and graphics they're using in this generation.

I'd also like to see no Pokémon following me. I didn't like that feature that they reintroduced in HGSS. It seemed like a Yellow only kind of thing and really killed it. For me, anyway. Seeing as how I didn't see that in any of the screenshots or videos, looks like they're heading that way.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Battle Frontier.

Yeah, that's right. Break the mold, start a generation with a new frontier (no copy cats, either), don't wait for the third installment, I want a big one from the get-go. Add more facilities in the third version, but boy what ligaments I would donate for a brand new frontier. The sinnoh frontier was fine, drooled playing the Arcade and enjoyed the other facilities, but I don't honestly want to deal with a Battle Tower next year. Players have cracked the code with Choice Scarf Trick + Set-up, I want diversity from the get-go. However, that depends on what new moves and abilities are introduced, maybe it'll take us a while to expose the system / tower. :P

A frontier maniac can dream

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024

I think they should implement Kanto, or any other Region in this game, since supposedly, this Region is really far off, so you have to take a boat/plane. So why wouldn't we be able to take a boat/plane to a different region?

I want to see a re-made version of Hoenn. I'm tired of Johto, Kanto got boring, I've been playing in Sinnoh for the last year or so. I want to go back to Hoenn.
    I don't want to see another region added. I do, however, want to see the Isshu region to be larger than just 8 gyms. Gym battles are something, though traditional, are something that I really enjoy when it comes to Pokémon games, and are things I look forward to the most while playing the game. With that said, the one thing I'm excited about finding out (informational-wise) is the release of information for the new gym leaders (since I am expecting that to be part of the game). I would like more than 8, though unlikely (I said the same thing about the fact that the Pokémon in battles would move, and that happened) to be included in this generation. I want a lot of features, such as the Battle Frontier to be included immediately in this generation to enhance the gameplay. I don't want to finish this game in a matter of days. I want this to last me at least a month when it comes to actually completing it.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Please, please, no region-wishing. Kanto's been in four generations already and I reckon it's time we forgot about it. Focusing on making the region larger and chock full of stuff should definitely take priority over a second region. And you fans already got your Johto.
    I couldn't say it any better myself. Excellent point.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    These posts I can agree with 100%. A new battle frontier, along with awaiting the release of the new gym leaders is something I can look forward too. I also can't wait for the release of the Elite Four and the champion; can't wait to see what they're like. xD
    Ah! That reminds me of something else.

The other protagonist (the one you don't choose). I would really like it that both of the protagonists have separate story lines that interlock with the other. For example, in the past, the one you didn't choose becomes your rival, an assistant to the professor, etc. I would really like it that the story line plays a main part in what happens to the one you don't choose *if they're involved in the game at all*. Something that bothered me was the fact that in the previous generation with D, P, Pt, they were the professor's assistant no matter what. It seemed so minuscule from other things they could have been and how they could have been something available only to a particular choice you made at the beginning of the game. It really would bring out a unique aspect to this generation than previous ones.

I'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense, I tried to word it as easily as I could and even after reading it it seems to not depict what I was thinking in my head. But hopefully you get the main idea.

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    I agree. Something like PBR would suffice, but I really want them to have some sort of ranking system.

Agreed 100% When i Was playing wi-fi with people I Was wondering what if when you beat somebody, You'd get points. the amount of points you get depends on the opponents Rank. the points would be cloned into two slots, Rank slot and Shop Slot, Rank slot's points would put you into your Rank, Shop Slot would have points you could spend on items Like Thunder stone, Focus sash and other stuff.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I think I just want some true backstory. Not just, "Oh by the way this is happening, now deal with this." I mean where did Galatic come from? Where'd the plan come from. If there's such a famous legend about Dialga and Palkia why doesn't anyone seem to realise anythings up.

Backstory to give the game some maturity and depth would be amazing.

yomamathecableguy

Has a lot of projects going on
    Years
    I've always been obsessed with the idea of the Pokemon games being more social.. like what they had in Japan with the Metallic games, and what they started with the mail items. It would be cool if your game could act like a texting device where you can receive message from others if you are connected to Wi-Fi. It would also be cool if they would add more games to the Game Corner. Last but not least, one thing that everyone seems to want, I would LOVE if the Pokemon sprites didn't just move back and forth during attacks, but if they actually animated along with the attack. That would be amazing. Oh also last for real this time, I wish the cries were a bit better, considering that they still use the 8-bit cries in these DS games. >.>

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    I agree with BeachBoy, a Battle frontier would be great! I remember how fun it was in Emerald so why not? Plus, it gives us even more to do once we are done exploring the Isshu region!

Weird

Lazy Guy
    Years
    I think they should bring a new type in. The games are black and white, so there should be a light type. There should also be a dark gym. The evil team should be a bit more evil. In all generations except 1 and 2 the teams where kind of stupid.

Years
    Well the thing that i want to have is the Pokemon following you again but this time with more options, like being able to dress the OW up and stuff (i mean how cool would it be to have a rattata or something following you with a top hat one!)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    One thing I'm interested in seeing is a more mature plot than the typical "defeat gym leaders, elite four, become champion while defending the world from an evil team after exploiting Pokémon for the sake of it." As far as criminal organizations, the only criminals that interested me were Cipher and that was due to their use of the Pokémon through shadow Pokémon. Based on the title of the game, ying and yang, I expect it to have a little more with good and evil to be in the plot. I'm really excited to see if there is a change in the plot (or even a real plot at all). The use of a plot will really push my interest in this game, apart from the wonderful battle system and graphics they're using in this generation.

I'd also like to see no Pokémon following me. I didn't like that feature that they reintroduced in HGSS. It seemed like a Yellow only kind of thing and really killed it. For me, anyway. Seeing as how I didn't see that in any of the screenshots or videos, looks like they're heading that way.

I don't want to see another region added. I do, however, want to see the Isshu region to be larger than just 8 gyms. Gym battles are something, though traditional, are something that I really enjoy when it comes to Pokémon games, and are things I look forward to the most while playing the game. With that said, the one thing I'm excited about finding out (informational-wise) is the release of information for the new gym leaders (since I am expecting that to be part of the game). I would like more than 8, though unlikely (I said the same thing about the fact that the Pokémon in battles would move, and that happened) to be included in this generation. I want a lot of features, such as the Battle Frontier to be included immediately in this generation to enhance the gameplay. I don't want to finish this game in a matter of days. I want this to last me at least a month when it comes to actually completing it.

Yeah. I'm all for plot-heavy games, which I think would definitely spark my interest the most in this gen. If there's any decent attempt at having an in-depth, mature plot (or maybe even a not-mature plot; heck, any attempt at a plot at all would be awesome), I'd love to play the games so much more.

I didn't really like the Pokémon following either. It was basically pointless after you got over the fact that you have a Pokémon following you. ):

As far as another region, I really think it's unlikely that we'd have any existing region incorporated with Isshu. I mean, with Johto and Kanto covered in the last game, it would be stupid to add either of those two again and Hoenn was only a generation ago. I have some thoughts about them including a Hoenn remake in this generation, but that's not going to happen in Black and White.

And again, I agree with an elongation of the game. It would be really nice if they had other things to do along with the regular storyline too; plenty of things like sidequests and background stories would be nice additions.

I think I just want some true backstory. Not just, "Oh by the way this is happening, now deal with this." I mean where did Galatic come from? Where'd the plan come from. If there's such a famous legend about Dialga and Palkia why doesn't anyone seem to realise anythings up.

Backstory to give the game some maturity and depth would be amazing.

Agreement. Hopefully with the maturity of the players we also get the maturity of the plot.

I've always been obsessed with the idea of the Pokemon games being more social.. like what they had in Japan with the Metallic games, and what they started with the mail items. It would be cool if your game could act like a texting device where you can receive message from others if you are connected to Wi-Fi. It would also be cool if they would add more games to the Game Corner. Last but not least, one thing that everyone seems to want, I would LOVE if the Pokemon sprites didn't just move back and forth during attacks, but if they actually animated along with the attack. That would be amazing. Oh also last for real this time, I wish the cries were a bit better, considering that they still use the 8-bit cries in these DS games. >.>

I doubt they'd ever make it like a texting device. There's a reason that Pokémon games have their included "vocabulary". Isn't that what your phone is for anyway?

If you've seen the latest Pokémon Sunday, you'd understand that the sprites are indeed animated while you do things like select your move. It's like they're actually breathing. <3

I rather like the cries. I don't think they should ever change them, because then that'd give them a totally weird feel, don't you think? What if Pikachu actually sounded like a mouse instead of that indescribable sound it makes?

I think they should bring a new type in. The games are black and white, so there should be a light type. There should also be a dark gym. The evil team should be a bit more evil. In all generations except 1 and 2 the teams where kind of stupid.

I stand firmly against new types. If they made a new type, I likely won't even buy the game and if I do, I probably won't have much fun playing it. I just don't like the idea of taking something that's so well done (in this case our pretty type chart) and breaking it just to "add" something new and throwing off the chart that I've memorized and known ever since I was six, which makes that almost ten years for me. ):

Evil-er teams (more or less like Cipher) would be nice, and a Dark-type gym is equally as likely as any other gym, I think - perhaps even more so since it hasn't been done yet.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I couldn't agree more with those who are suggesting a more plot heavy game. One of the problem with the games so far is how your character just seems to battle the team(s) for the sake of it. I'd also be pleased with a Battle Frontier and would also like more focus on contests (if they are included), because at the moment basically nothing happens when you've completed them. I want a Grand Festival.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    I want Brock to be the champion. And I want him to have a beard.

"Hi there! I'm Brock, the champion. It took a long time for me to get where I am today, but I think it's been worth it. What do you say? Do you have what it takes to be a champion of the modern era? Come on!"

Cue generation 1 gym leader battle theme. That would be so awesome.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I don't know about you guys but I get tired of looking like everyone else xD. I vote on a something such as "customization" especially with all these people bashing the new girl trainers looks. Throughout the game you can pick up more clothes and acessories. I'm also in favor of "build your own gym." While it sounds stupid, I always wondered how running a pokemon gym would be like. One last thing could be, what someone said in another thread, a hybrid breeding system. Breeding two pokemon like tauros and miltank will produce a baby unobtainable unless by breeding these two pokemon together.

I also agree with more plot heavy stuff. I also think more attention to contest could be paid. Maybe if the games did it the same way it does it in the anime it would be more fun. Lastly, a pokemon league would be nice as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back