• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pass the sprite~

Status
Not open for further replies.

killa5384

Raccoon
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2009
Do you guys use ms paint ? If so I'm just wondering is there anyway like rather than colour it pixel by pixel (when recolouring) just to like select a certain colour you want to shade in?

I hope you guys get where im coming from (Soon ill help out with the pass the sprite :) )

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I made its attenaes hearts :3. Also, I recoloured the top of the microhone pink and gave it a Luvdisc tattoo. I think I did a bit too much so tell me if it breaks the rules etc and you can just disregard my contribution. Also, it looks pretty un-editable now so...:\

Soo, do we change it?
dpffa115.png

Some asked to use a Kangaskhan, I think it was... .Sublime?

Sublime

Blimey!
Years
Ah, I was to late for my own sprite.
The pouch has already been removed.

You see, I had this idea for Kangaskhan awhile back. I would take out the baby Kanga and put in an egg sprite. Every time the sprite is edited, the editor would crack the egg a bit, as if it was getting ready to hatch. Then they could add their own edits and such. When the crack finally got to the bottom, the next editor would choose something to be born from the egg. They would place whatever they chose to be born in the pouch, and we would continue on with other edits.

I just thought it would be cool xD

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
i was funnily enough gunna edit a chansey egg in but it got removed :'(
oh well seeing as there was a request for a fire type kangashkan i did some flames coming from his mouth ;)
22.png

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
Years
Those edits are pretty bad to be honest , pretty hard to edit them now
Guys, I kinda have to agree with him. We should try not edit one anothers edits (ie erase a horn after it was drawn, or poorly trying to draw it on fire). Try to keep the edits simplistic, (I know, I'm one to talk, look at azurill....) But we still need to try to do a good job.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
Years
Guys, I kinda have to agree with him. We should try not edit one anothers edits (ie erase a horn after it was drawn, or poorly trying to draw it on fire). Try to keep the edits simplistic, (I know, I'm one to talk, look at azurill....) But we still need to try to do a good job.

This si why when I made this thread before,

I SUPER EMPHASIZED this point.
All the edits that edited other's changes were given a warning, and thier entry was deleted from the chain.

Years
This si why when I made this thread before,

I SUPER EMPHASIZED this point.
All the edits that edited other's changes were given a warning, and thier entry was deleted from the chain.

It is indeed a rule, but I don't see the need to "Super emphasize" it. You would think that people could be able to read a short list of rules, and follow them within reason, without having to put everything in bold or italics. :\ Obviously, they don't, but I doubt bolding certain rules would help.

Cheese Boy, your edit basically removed the horn, so it will be skipped.

So, I guess we'll start from azuman's, since, while it is incredibly inconvenient, it is within the rules.

22.png

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
@shayskymin: That looks nothing like fire...

True, but is still a legitimate edit, that does nothing to make the sprite uneditable.

You may not REMOVE another one's edits, but I've heard nothing about touching up another ones edits, as I know people have thanked others for doing such in the past.

Years
True, but is still a legitimate edit, that does nothing to make the sprite uneditable.

You may not REMOVE another one's edits, but I've heard nothing about touching up another ones edits, as I know people have thanked others for doing such in the past.

Ok, so, the way I see it, there are 4 levels of "removal"

Removal - Where the edit is deleted, ignored, or skipped. This isn't allowed, unless said edit breaks a rule.

Replacement - Where an edit is overtaken or covered up by a subsequent edit. This could be allowed, depending on the circumstance, and amount of time between the two edits.

Modification - Where their edit is modified, and turned into something else, or things such as recoloring and/or reshading. This is allowed most of the time, depending on how much is modified.

Repair - Where the edit is poor in quality, and small touchup work is done by another in an attempt to make it look better. This is usually allowed, if the repair is actually an improvement, and doesn't make things worse.

Basically, just use common sense. If it's rule-breaking, get rid of it; if it's just bad, fix it or leave it alone; if it's in the way, you can modify it within reason.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2014
Sorry about the crappy horn update.

23nosn.png

Kangaskahn joined the circus!

Last edited:

ShaySkymin

It's thaaaaaank Shaymin time!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 6, 2012
Is this another time where people try to find faults in me?
I don't wanna edit Cheese Boy's edit, I... don't like it, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back