• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Passion Of Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wing Zero

استاذ عن
Years
  • CaRtOON how come i have the feeling your trying to avoid me?
    ps- your not the most hated girl on PC your one of the coolest ive met, with a brilliant mind, your the best to have a discussion with ~_^

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Allow me to explain to the best of my understanding, Wing.

God originally had to intention of allowing things to happen on Earth, because in his original plan there would be no such thing as sin. But, the angel Lucifer desired God's power, and since he could not attain it, he managed to get a third of the angels of heaven to become separatists, and thus the angels fell and became demons, Lucifer became Satan. God had set an ultimate test up for Adam and Eve, one of faithfulness. The tree of knowledge was off limits in the Garden of Eden to man. Why was it off limits? For no reason except that God wanted to see if man would obey him, and there was no reason for man not to obey God until Eve was tempted by Satan in the form of a snake, and since man failed the test of faithfulness, sin was allowed in the world. Since God punished man by making him imperfect, he was now suceptible to the influence of evil. Only a perfect being, that being God, cannot be corrupted by Satanic influence. Why does God allow horrible things to happen on earth? He is a caring God (if he wasn't than we would either have been destroyed long ago or we would be slaves) but also one of justice, and man is being made to go through these horrors for the first disobedience. We did not create the evil which is destroying us, and neither did God. Also, there is no destiny. God knows which choices we will make, but we make our own choices, not influenced by him (unless we ask for guidance, where He can give us ideas which may change our entire future.) So, this is why we go through what we go through...this is merely justice for our disobediance.

~Chairman Kaga

Wing Zero

استاذ عن
    Years
  • fine but god created us knowing our deastiny if they were destined to diobey then he knew they would...
    also, is it just me that thinks its sadistic or ludacrist that just for one set of peoples doings we are all condemned to eternal suffering through god just for having adam and eve disobey?

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Those faithful are only condemned to suffering on earth. Remember that heaven place, eh? God Himself does not inflict suffering on us. We are left to our own devices, and whatever happens happens.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Only the Puritans, a now-extinct division of Christianity, believed in predestination...all the rest of us these days believe that we make our own choices in life.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Wing Zero said:
    CaRtOON how come i have the feeling your trying to avoid me?
    ps- your not the most hated girl on PC your one of the coolest ive met, with a brilliant mind, your the best to have a discussion with ~_^
    Dun worry, I ain't avoiding ya, I'm back. The school bell rang and I had to get to class, >__<;; And thanks for your comment, it made my day! ^-^ You're a pretty good debator too, they are really brain poppers. XD Anyways, about your question..

you said that god, the surpreim being knows out destiny and creates us knowing the outcome of the world...if that is the case then how could WE have created the enimy if god had destined it to happen this way?

Ah yes, about that.. errr... This is hard, hmmm.. Well, my Mum told me that since God has a good destiny for all of us. Only if we choose to follow it. By that, I guess it means that if we wanna become bad guys, our destiny will be bad. I guess it depends on what someone feels it determines their destiny. Be good, you'll have it good, be bad, you'll have it bad. ^^; That's the best answer I can give @@; I know, I know, my answers are not always good ^^;

Actually, these kinds of debates don't ever have an end. Maybe because we don't have answers, and when we do, more questions arise. Its confusing, darn it! >_<

*dies*

Wing Zero

&#1575;&#1587;&#1578;&#1575;&#1584; &#1593;&#1606;
    Years
  • but we agreed at one point that are destiny is pre set...see thats why i dont belive destiny is preset, even though im a christian doesnt mean i follow the book by ALL the rules... theres a little atehist in me....*doges bible*... plz dont kill me, theres method to my madness...

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • I'm actually afraid of God @_@, I don't know why, but Since CapeVerdeans and Portuguese people have weird stories to tell about stuff lol They tell me stories about how God kills you if He dont like you and crap, but then they say that if you eat and take a bath later you'll die!

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Wing_Zero said:
    but we agreed at one point that are destiny is pre set...see thats why i dont belive destiny is preset, even though im a christian doesnt mean i follow the book by ALL the rules... theres a little atehist in me....*doges bible*... plz dont kill me, theres method to my madness...

I don't follow the Book by all its rules. Heck, I'm not a good example of a Christian mehself =P I believe in God, but I just can't do all those rules. Too many restrictions.. Actually, I don't think I'll ever be a good Christian. The only reason I read the Bible or go to church is cus mah mum makes me do it >_<;

Dizzy said:
    I'm actually afraid of God @_@, I don't know why, but Since CapeVerdeans and Portuguese people have weird stories to tell about stuff lol They tell me stories about how God kills you if He dont like you and crap, but then they say that if you eat and take a bath later you'll die!
    I know how you feel. I have this terrible fear of going to H***. I thought everyone who died rested in peace, but the Bible says does who are bad, go down. Darn it! I done too many bad things, and the thing I was most looking forward to death was to rest in peace. How is that suppoused to happen if a H*** exists? X_x;;

*dies*

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • One of the biggest parts of Christianity is repenting and salvation...if you pledge your life to following the rules in the Bible to the best of your ability through the action of baptism, then as long as you try to do the right thing you need have no fear of ****. A lot of people know about the bad things and the scary things in Christianity, but there's also the good part, the repentence/salvation part.

Oh, and God does not strike people down these days. As I said before, He only did that long ago when there were individuals who were threats to the certain destruction of the church.

I'm so glad I'm able to give such accurate information ^_^

~Chairman Kaga

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • CaRtOON said:
    I don't follow the Book by all its rules. Heck, I'm not a good example of a Christian mehself =P I believe in God, but I just can't do all those rules. Too many restrictions.. Actually, I don't think I'll ever be a good Christian. The only reason I read the Bible or go to church is cus mah mum makes me do it >_<;

I know how you feel. I have this terrible fear of going to H***. I thought everyone who died rested in peace, but the Bible says does who are bad, go down. Darn it! I done too many bad things, and the thing I was most looking forward to death was to rest in peace. How is that suppoused to happen if a H*** exists? X_x;;

*dies*
    Well... bad can simply be spoiled good. Those who goto h*ll are those who are not ultamitely concerned, in other words..... without faith.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Chairman_Kaga said:
    One of the biggest parts of Christianity is repenting and salvation...if you pledge your life to following the rules in the Bible to the best of your ability through the action of baptism, then as long as you try to do the right thing you need have no fear of ****. A lot of people know about the bad things and the scary things in Christianity, but there's also the good part, the repentence/salvation part.

Well... bad can simply be spoiled good. Those who goto h*ll are those who are not ultamitely concerned, in other words..... without faith.

Well, I do feel bad for my sins (and they're very VERY bad..) but my mum says that ain't enough to go to heaven. My church also says very few people will go to heaven.. What are the chances of just anyone going there? ;-; But you two got pretty good points! ^_^

*dies*

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • But the thing is everyone has a couple really bad sins.. So pretty much no one would go to heaven... I already know I'm not going to heaven but nothing good happens to me anyways, I only have like 3 years left of life.

Wing Zero

&#1575;&#1587;&#1578;&#1575;&#1584; &#1593;&#1606;
    Years
  • sometimes i think religion is just a means of controll...they sut restricitions, which inderectly affect law, etc. they peobably chage the religious books to meet the deamnds of the current people...there is NO way the bible is the same as it was when it was first written...

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • The Gaian Texts fortold Jesus' existance so it must be true :) Gaianism was an offshoot of Greek Paganism from many thousand years ago.. It was considered a cult though.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Dizzy said:
    But the thing is everyone has a couple really bad sins.. So pretty much no one would go to heaven... I already know I'm not going to heaven but nothing good happens to me anyways, I only have like 3 years left of life.

You do have a point. ^^ I dunno how many years of life I have left @@; But I have a hunch I'll be either killed by someone, or I'll blow mah brains out. XD Either of the two, but I think I'll most probably be killed by someone else =P

Wing_Zero said:
    they peobably chage the religious books to meet the deamnds of the current people...there is NO way the bible is the same as it was when it was first written...

I think so too. The Bible is against homosexualism, NOW THAT I think is plain bogus. I think some stupid homophobe wrote that in. They do nuthin' to people, but yet, the Bible says they'll burn >__<;; The Bible most probably has some additional things added, that's for sure.

*dies*

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Some churches believe that only the purest of the pure and most pious of the pious Christians will ever go to heaven, but I firmly believe they're wrong. In the Bible it says that one can enter the kingdom of heaven if they have "the faith of a mustard seed"...do you know how big a mustard seed is? A little bigger than this period >>> . Faith is faith, and all people have faults...I'm a Christian myself but very far from perfect. The plan for salvation, as I said, is simple. The act of baptism, symbolic of shedding off your old life and pledging your life to Christ, is all you need. Even if you have just the smallest amount of faith but hold that faith strongly and strive to follow the way, that's enough. Your dedication to your belief and the act of baptism is all you need.

~Chairman Kaga

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Actually that actually came from Sodomites and since Gays have Sodomite Sex.. There all considered Sodomites I guess.... But thats freekin stupid.. RELIGIOUS PERSECUTION.. The Church needs to be Reformed into the Church of Rome.. Aka Neo-Roman Catholocism

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Chairman Kaga said:
    Some churches believe that only the purest of the pure and most pious of the pious Christians will ever go to heaven, but I firmly believe they're wrong. In the Bible it says that one can enter the kingdom of heaven if they have "the faith of a mustard seed"...do you know how big a mustard seed is? A little bigger than this period >>> . Faith is faith, and all people have faults...I'm a Christian myself but very far from perfect. The plan for salvation, as I said, is simple. The act of baptism, symbolic of shedding off your old life and pledging your life to Christ, is all you need. Even if you have just the smallest amount of faith but hold that faith strongly and strive to follow the way, that's enough. Your dedication to your belief and the act of baptism is all you need.

~Chairman Kaga

Sorry for the Double post.

Uhh you would know you are related to Louis the Pious King of The Holy Roman Empire. THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back