• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Passion Of Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke R

Member #1950
    Years
    CaRtOON said:
    I don't care about what you think, that person left for his/her beliefs. If they wanna go, let em go. You can't just insult someone for the things they believe in. You wouldn't like it if I said something insulting to the things you believe in. If we lost a member, no biggie, just let that person go. We lose members, and we can't stop it. So please no insulting..
    I'm insulting??? I just said that what I think is that I believe that any religion is over pok?mon, and I haven't like what that one did... Excuse me, but now you're being rude... I think... I didn't said that the one is better or worse than anyone...

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Okay, okay, fine. Maybe I misunderstood you. Let's please end this silly argument, alright, I admit its my fault. So errr, let's get back on topic. I thought you were saying that stuff to be mean to other people ()o.o;

*dies*

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2009
    Jews killed Jesus Christ. But it's Jesus destiny to burden all the sins of mankind. The movie is not actually racist. Mel Gibson is just trying to show to the world how did Jesus really got killed and who killed him. Jews are against the movie because maybe a lot of people will blame the Jews that they're the one who caused Jesus's death which is actually true.

Oh well... I think Mel Gibson's film is great and I don't see anything wrong about it.

Why did Hitler killed thousand of Jews without doin anythin? Isn't it like the like the life of Jesus Christ? Jesus Christ got killed without doing anything. Well, that's sad :(

Last edited:

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Who knows the real truth? Hmm.. I really don't like to blame anyone for Jesus' death. I'd be insulting them ;-; But hey, who really knows?

But not all Jews are against it, tho. There was this rabbi talking in this radio show, and he was furious his people were boycotting the movie for such foolishness. He said he sees nothing wrong with it. Neither do I. ^^

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    The Bible? Then maybe I should read it more, my mum always forces me to read the bible or she'll lecture me that God will send me to Heck if I'm not good. =P I just can't understand it ;-;

*dies*

Duke R

Member #1950
    Years
    The Bible? I don't believe the truth is in The Bible... The truth is in History books... Mel Gibson just made a movie talking about the truth, the real truth, Gibson's truth... If he has money and all to make a movie, leave he and he's truth... I think... And if the truth is in The Bible,,, we must admit that the movie is TOTALLY based on it... I think...

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2009
    If you don't believe the actual events in the movie really happen, it's up to you. Don't you think the death of million Jews is just a KARMA to them for asking to kill Jesus in the past? That's what I think. But Jews are cool, I don't know why Hitler killed all Jews :(

Well the movie has the combination of History and Hollywood.

Mel Gibson didn't spend much money on the Film. I think it's around 1-2 million dollars for the movie.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Actually, Mel Gibson invested 30, million dollars on The Passion of the Christ. And like Piyoko said, Dauke's post confused me @@;;

Well, some people really believe the truth is in the Bible. I'm not sure myself --;;

*dies*

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Karma comes from Hinduism, not Christianity ;P God would not allow millions of Jews to be slaughtered at the hands of Hitler as a vengeance. He has his reasons for everything, but none of them are ever malevolent. It is and shall always be a mystery. Of course the Jews haven?t deserved any of the anti-Semitism they?ve suffered over the years, but still...all this is beside the point. I think that asking who killed Jesus is irrelevant to the point of the movie...the movie is about Jesus dying for the sins of the world, and this bickering is detracting from that point.

About the point of truth lying in the Bible, I personally believe that it is a good guide on how to life one?s life, but in the end it depends on the opinion of the individual person. But I think we?re going off on too many tangents here...and again, let?s keep it civil, ok ^^;;

Duke R

Member #1950
    Years
    Ok. But I don't speak English... I just said that you do what you wanna do... You can see the movie and see what Gibson think 'bout the true. Believe or not believe, that's the question...

shep

Water Pokemon Trainer OC profile
    Years
    CaRtOON said:
    The Bible? Then maybe I should read it more, my mum always forces me to read the bible or she'll lecture me that God will send me to Heck if I'm not good. =P I just can't understand it ;-;

*dies*

I am sorry for posting so late but I havnt been around much to check out all the other threads than Pokemon Dimension. Cartoon as a christian I also struggle with continually reading my bible. Your mother telling you your going to **** isnt a great way to provoke bible study. I suggest a NIV study bible like this:
    here
    The NIV version of the bible is very easy to read. This particular bible I have, it has a very very easy to follow reading plan for what to read everyday and has sections for most of the chapters of each book and explains what is going on. It has a great index to look up topics like "Sex" "homosexuality" "murder" and a great section on important people to know. This is a great bible and I hope you pick it up or a similar one. A devotional is also something useful to pick up. Hope I could help! :classic:

Duke R

Member #1950
    Years
    shep, you're Yankee.
    No Yankee ones can tell something useful'bout religion, 'coz since you (Yankees) burn your parents tell you what you have to be and believe. 'Bout "sex", "homossexuality" and "murder" (I don't know what the last means) it's not something "WHAT!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE!!! OH, HORRIFYING!!!" that's an option of theirselves... ...
    This PIV must be better than the "Capitalist-Lie-Book" (Bible)... ... Excuse me if Yankee is offensive ... I don't speak English ... ... GOOD SIG PIYOKO! ...

TeamRocket

The Jews didn't place Jesus on the cross
    The Romans didn't place Jesus on the cross
    The Disciples didn't place Jesus on the cross
    HIS LOVE FOR US PLACED HIM ON THE CROSS
    He would rather die than live without us - his children

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    shep said:
    I am sorry for posting so late but I havnt been around much to check out all the other threads than Pokemon Dimension. Cartoon as a christian I also struggle with continually reading my bible. Your mother telling you your going to **** isnt a great way to provoke bible study. I suggest a NIV study bible like this:
    here
    The NIV version of the bible is very easy to read. This particular bible I have, it has a very very easy to follow reading plan for what to read everyday and has sections for most of the chapters of each book and explains what is going on. It has a great index to look up topics like "Sex" "homosexuality" "murder" and a great section on important people to know. This is a great bible and I hope you pick it up or a similar one. A devotional is also something useful to pick up. Hope I could help! :classic:
    Wow, thanks for the advice =D I just checked out this other book that explains the Bible and its really interesting. It explained so many things I couldn't understand. I'll check it out, shep. Thanx for the advice =3

Anyways, in latest news, I have recently found out "Dawn of the Dead" has actually beaten Passion's record. It sold more than the Passion could, and that just pisses me off.. Christianity is one of the biggest religions in the US, I'm surprised to know that so many Christians rather see senseless violence than know how a brave man suffered for us..

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Actually, The Passion of the Christ is going to beat Dawn of the Dead by hundreds of millions of dollars...Dawn of the Dead only beat Passion of the Christ in weekend box-office sales. I think TPOTC might go back to number one around Easter though.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Hmm, maybe you're right. Actually, didja know that the Passion of the Christ is still in the USA? Soon, the movie will premier around the world. Dang, Mr. Gibson is gonna be a billionaire ^-^

Also, I just heard a Priest died in Brazil.. I think. I dunno, but another person died. I can see why, the movie's very touching ;-;

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
    Yup! I herd a girl had a sezure from watching it. It'z gory but if you think you're ready you zhould ztill zee it.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Those poor peeps who died. ;-; Honestly, its a strong emotional movie. When I saw it, I could swear I felt my heart starting to slow down O.o; Sure, I know it sounds weird, but it made me so sad ;-;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back