• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Rahaste

yup
Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Hi, I'm playing Emerald on VBA (Visual Boy Advance) and I was using the fast forward key to speed up my battles and training. (Space is the fast forward button) then this happened (See pic 1)

Strangely, I can see the text sometimes for a short while as seen in the PokeCenter (pic 2)
    This happens for a brief moment then the text just vanishes.

Attachments

• notext.PNG
      notext.PNG
      8.2 KB · Views: 3
    • problem.PNG
      problem.PNG
      7.4 KB · Views: 2
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2020
    Flash Cart capablility

I am currently creating an Emerald ROM hack, and I was planning on putting it a couple flash carts and borrowing them to friends. One, would the ROM be able to smoothly run on the GBA? And two, would things like link cable trading still be available?

Tapan681

RiverDream
    Years
  • Hello pokefans, I want to patch pokemon brown (ips) (Red hack), but every time I try patching it with fire red (U) , it gives me an error. Please help.
    Thank you

Years
    • Seen today
    Hello pokefans, I want to patch pokemon brown (ips) (Red hack), but every time I try patching it with fire red (U) , it gives me an error. Please help.
    Thank you

Pokemon brown is a Red Hack. As in, original GB game. Fire red is GBA.
    Find a copy of pokemon Red and patch it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    it says that size of source file is small.

Are you using LIPS? Can you show us a screenshot of the error you're getting or explain the steps you took?

It should be as simple as clicking "Apply patch", choosing the Brown IPS patch and then selecting the Red ROM.

Tapan681

RiverDream
    Years
  • I know this isn't very relevant to rom hacking, but I have a big problem. Before today, I had .gba files associated with the visualboyadvance emulator as normal. But today,for some reason, .gba files weren't associated with VBA anymore. When I tried fixing it by selecting the emulator from the "Browse..." button, my computer ignored the selection and instead associated .gba files with a program in the "Recommended Programs" portion of the application selection window. No matter how many times I try selecting the emulator, my computer selects whatever's first in the recommended programs portion (which is Windows Media Center by the way). Even going into VBA and associating .gba files from the options menu doesn't work. Is there any way I can fix this? (or somehow reset my pc to what it was like yesterday if possible?)

It seems like position of VBA was changed. Try solving by putting vba to the original place and reboot.Thats how I was able to fix it.
    If this is not the cause, then try googling it

Tapan681

RiverDream
    Years
  • Are you using LIPS? Can you show us a screenshot of the error you're getting or explain the steps you took?

It should be as simple as clicking "Apply patch", choosing the Brown IPS patch and then selecting the Red ROM.

Ya,I am using LIPS.I have patched many ips using LIPS.I dont know why it gives me error. The source file is correct, ips is correct...

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2016
    Is There any Emulator that i can play 3ds games on pc

Hi guys .i watch the videos of pokemon oras and i want to play them so badly so in my country i cant buy 3ds console becuse there isnt any for sell.so i need to know if there any 3ds emulator for pc

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    Hi guys .i watch the videos of pokemon oras and i want to play them so badly so in my country i cant buy 3ds console becuse there isnt any for sell.so i need to know if there any 3ds emulator for pc

The only 3DS emulator Citra can't play Pokémon correctly yet.

MagicMarky07

I'm still here.
    Years
  • Patched a Physical/Special split to Fire Red, modified the moves (so that they can be P/S), then during the first rival battle (after you get your starter) it resets to the title screen randomly. Anything to solve it?

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2016
    OK I'm new to this and I need help I want to download the ROM hacks to y phone and I can't figure out how pls somebody help

Xrx

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    Convert .sav into .xps

Hello,
    can somebody help me, please? I want to load saves in .sav into my Firered cartridge via the Action Replay GBA and therefore I need to change the saves in .xps. I searched and found the programm Sav2xps (http://www.emulation64.com/files/info/303/sav2xps.html/), but the download link doesn´t work. Does anyone know another programm with an existing download?

Back