• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Well you know what they say: if you can't do anything, teach. If you can't do anything, teach gym. XD

Lecturing is a cool job though, especially if you put your heart into it. It's hard to inspire students at the compulsory level, but you can work wonders when students are so close to the brink of realizing their potential.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I agree. Lecturers are quite undervalued in my opinion. They are given the most vital jobs to educate and train our younger generations to become better people in life but are, firstly, not paid enough, and secondly, not respected enough. Come on, they hold the future generation in their hands! What's not to respect about that!? Kudos to those with the passion of wanting to become a teacher. (Y)

Sirfetch’d

I don't know if I have the patience to be a teacher. I know so many kids in high school and even college that have given my teachers hell about everything. I just don't think I would be up for it.

Years
  • Yeah, I too know people with lost patience it's not even funny to observe them complain in front of their teachers :/

And I could imagine that being either a middle school teacher and or a high school teacher invokes a lot of stress into a person, too.

Sirfetch’d

Yeah, I too know people with lost patience it's not even funny to observe them complain in front of their teachers :/

And I could imagine that being either a middle school teacher and or a high school teacher invokes a lot of stress into a person, too.

Yeah, kids are so immature at that age and I know they easily stress teachers out, probably doing it for fun.

Years
  • Yeah, kids are so immature at that age and I know they easily stress teachers out, probably doing it for fun.
    If they're doing it for fun, then that's just plain wrong >_> don't parents teach manners to their children these days? I know mine did, despite the fact that I may not always in practice them in front of mine when at home, but I always have manners when in public even if the person I'm interacting with is rude to me

Sirfetch’d

If they're doing it for fun, then that's just plain wrong >_> don't parents teach manners to their children these days? I know mine did, despite the fact that I may not always in practice them in front of mine when at home, but I always have manners when in public even if the person I'm interacting with is rude to me

I am the same way. My parents taught me when I was young as well to be nice even if the other person is being rude. Although, I wish I had been more like this when I was younger :\

Years
  • The people that live in the house behind ours are absolutely nuts. They have 8-12 year old kids outside playing and screaming every curse word imaginable for absolutely no reason. It's sad.

Sirfetch’d

The people that live in the house behind ours are absolutely nuts. They have 8-12 year old kids outside playing and screaming every curse word imaginable for absolutely no reason. It's sad.

When I was 8 years old if my parents heard me saying words like that, I would have been in so much trouble. Now, its so common for parents to let their kids say whatever they want to without any punishments.

Years
  • The people that live in the house behind ours are absolutely nuts. They have 8-12 year old kids outside playing and screaming every curse word imaginable for absolutely no reason. It's sad.
    Oh my gooodness, that's ****ing horrible! I'm 18 years old and if my parents hear me say bad words in the house, they get onto me.. I mean, I thank them for that somewhat, but I think it's kinda babying for me to not be allowed to curse in the house. It's unfair that my brother at 29 years of age can do it, but not me.. <_< lol

But she's probably worried that I would swear in excess, but I don't really, unless I'm either overly amazed and or frustrated

Sirfetch’d

Oh my gooodness, that's ****ing horrible! I'm 18 years old and if my parents hear me say bad words in the house, they get onto me.. I mean, I thank them for that somewhat, but I think it's kinda babying for me to not be allowed to curse in the house. It's unfair that my brother at 29 years of age can do it, but not me.. <_< lol

But she's probably worried that I would swear in excess, but I don't really, unless I'm either overly amazed and or frustrated

I'm not sure how my parents feel about swearing now. I am still afraid to do it in front of them, haha. They would likely be disappointed though if I did, so I don't think I will be swearing in front of them. Luckily I have an amazing filter to help with that :D

Years
  • I'm not sure how my parents feel about swearing now. I am still afraid to do it in front of them, haha. They would likely be disappointed though if I did, so I don't think I will be swearing in front of them. Luckily I have an amazing filter to help with that :D
    Usually my swearing is done in front of friends, or if I'm by myself and in frustration (mostly when I'm driving). I also swear a lot in my IRC chats (the ones on my IRC server) as either a joke or again in frustration, and sometimes I can release a curse word on occasion in the showdown server, haha

Sirfetch’d

Usually my swearing is done in front of friends, or if I'm by myself and in frustration (mostly when I'm driving). I also swear a lot in my IRC chats (the ones on my IRC server) as either a joke or again in frustration, and sometimes I can release a curse word on occasion in the showdown server, haha

I swear a lot at the server mainly because it is just a way to release frustration. I used to swear in real life a lot while in high school, but now really the only time I do it is when I become frustrated like you when driving or playing games on my computer.

Years
  • I swear a lot at the server mainly because it is just a way to release frustration. I used to swear in real life a lot while in high school, but now really the only time I do it is when I become frustrated like you when driving or playing games on my computer.
    I will say though, I can also often take advantage of places where swearing is allowed (such as on the showdown server haha) but I try not to do it in excess because I don't want to make myself look bad in any way whatsoever.

Oh look, it's a dialogue in the DCC now. /lamereasontochangetopic

Years
  • I'm the type of person who doesn't really care if others think badly of me, though I still try to be as civil as possible. I guess being civil is what matters.

Sirfetch’d

I'm the type of person who doesn't really care what others think of me, though I still try to be as civil as possible. I guess being civil is what matters.

I wish that I didn't care what people thought. In a way, I am getting better about this because I don't care what people think if I don't know them anymore, but I still have a bad habit about trying to impress people I know, especially my closest friends. I would never want my friends to see me in a negative way.

Years
  • ^Well, on the internet anyways. Despite my insensitivity towards others sometimes, I know I still have to make a good impression but purely for professional reasons.

Years
  • I'm the type of person who doesn't really care if others think badly of me, though I still try to be as civil as possible. I guess being civil is what matters.
    That describes me very well in a nutshell. If people think negatively of me, I am able to detect that, but I just let them go about their business while I go about mine, and no clashing occurs between me and whomever may think negatively of me.

Sirfetch’d

That describes me very well in a nutshell. If people think negatively of me, I am able to detect that, but I just let them go about their business while I go about mine, and no clashing occurs between me and whomever may think negatively of me.

See it that happens to me and it's one of my friends, I will try to fix it. I don't think it's necessarily a bad trait to have, but I do wish a I a little less caring of such things :\

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back