• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm going to become a veteran mod next month I feel so old. :( Been here five years since July though eek. I wasn't very active my first year of being on PC after like a month of so. But then after the school year ended I came back, found my home in Forum Games (and eventually Pokemon Trivia) and you all are still stuck with me today.

I'll probably post in X&Y as much as I posted in B&W. Probably more depending on whether I like the generation more or not. We'll see!

Years
I'll definitely be posting in that section once x&y come out! With over 700 Pokemon now, I will definitely need all the help I can get from there haha.
You could be posting in there now though :P but I do understand that shifts in BW/B2W2 hype will occur once X and Y increase.. I fear that the bottom of the forum here may have a decrease in activity just because X and Y come out, haha

Sirfetch’d

I'm going to become a veteran mod next month I feel so old. :( Been here five years since July though eek. I wasn't very active my first year of being on PC after like a month of so. But then after the school year ended I came back, found my home in Forum Games (and eventually Pokemon Trivia) and you all are still stuck with me today.

I'll probably post in X&Y as much as I posted in B&W. Probably more depending on whether I like the generation more or not. We'll see!

I've posted in X&Y quite a few times recently, but once the games are out I see myself becoming an avid poster in that section as well. I'd love to share my journey in the travel journal!

Years
I just received $3300 as a leftover from scholarship after paying tuition... Hard part is, though, not spending that much money. $3300 is really not much if you think about it.

Sirfetch’d

I just received $3300 as a leftover from scholarship after paying tuition... Hard part is, though, not spending that much money. $3300 is really not much if you think about it.

That would be a lot of money to me, haha. But I guess when you consider stretching it out over the semester and having to buy food, gas, etc. it really isn't a whole lot.

Years
First semester I received $1200, and I plowed through it during that semester and had $20 left by the time I got my next payment. My scholarship increased last semester because of good grades, which was a godsend.

Sirfetch’d

First semester I received $1200, and I plowed through it during that semester and had $20 left by the time I got my next payment. My scholarship increased last semester because of good grades, which was a godsend.

Wow, so you have nearly triple the amount this time! You should definitely be able to make it last and be a bit more free with it this time. I would be so happy if mine increased like that XD

Years
I still spent a LOT of money on games and hardware last semester. I had $500 leftover but the extra money will help me get through next year if I can control my spending (Which won't happen because of PS4).

If I have enough money left over after 2014 spring, I might book a trip to Germany or Japan.

Years
I still wish I had gotten a scholarship, because then I would be in school about now if I did :( I screwed up a lot in high school, especially my freshman year by getting a lot of Cs, some Ds and an F in one case. But my sophomore year onward it was As-Cs

Sirfetch’d

I still wish I had gotten a scholarship, because then I would be in school about now if I did :( I screwed up a lot in high school, especially my freshman year by getting a lot of Cs, some Ds and an F in one case. But my sophomore year onward it was As-Cs

I was lucky that I even got one, tbh. My grades were decent in high school, but there were a bunch of people who did better than me and got scholarships. I was initially declined the one that I have now, but the person who won it decided to go to a different college so I was next in line to receive it and I did just that!

Years
I was lucky that I even got one, tbh. My grades were decent in high school, but there were a bunch of people who did better than me and got scholarships. I was initially declined the one that I have now, but the person who won it decided to go to a different college so I was next in line to receive it and I did just that!
Wow, that must have been a lucky experience! Just be glad that you have some support for schooling without the need to work up for any money yourself.

Sirfetch’d

Wow, that must have been a lucky experience! Just be glad that you have some support for schooling without the need to work up for any money yourself.

It was haha! When I received the letter, I nearly fell over with excitement. I am very lucky though!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm still paying off my student loan that I took out when I attended college in San Diego. Thankfully I am halfway done paying it off.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh, if I only had gotten a scholarship, haha. I wasn't overly great in high school (or what's equal to high school here). Had some bad years. But I'm a bit better now, hopefully.

It'll take my whole life to pay off my loans, I swear. I'll have ~£29700 when I'm eventually finished, unless I get a job too and quit partying and PC-ing pretty much. Why is modding not a paid job lol

Years
Thank God (or nature, if you insist) I don't have to pay off loans... It'd have been awful to keep in mind that I have a debt to pay off, though if I get crappy grades next semester I might have to do just that and I'm not looking forward to ****ing up.

Years
Thank God (or nature, if you insist) I don't have to pay off loans... It'd have been awful to keep in mind that I have a debt to pay off, though if I get crappy grades next semester I might have to do just that and I'm not looking forward to ****ing up.
I wish you the best of luck then with your next semester! Just try to do your best and remember you were awarded with a scholarship to get you through college.

At least my college's tuition is low enough that I could probably get through it with money out-of-pocket, but it just depends. But if I don't get employed sooner or later, then I'm just gonna have to apply for loans, but I really do not want to do that at all. >_<

Years
Yeah. Tuition here is about $3500 a year, which isn't too bad, minus the fact that I'm horrible at saving money.
I suck at saving money as well @_@ but where I'm going is just the local community college, and tuition (minus textbook costs) is just below $1,300 for 12 credit hours, which is the minimum to be considered a full-time student

Sirfetch’d

I suck at saving money as well @_@ but where I'm going is just the local community college, and tuition (minus textbook costs) is just below $1,300 for 12 credit hours, which is the minimum to be considered a full-time student

I am the world's worst at saving money. I spend everything as soon as I get it and it sucks when I really need it later. I remember blowing through all of my graduation money in like a month :[

Years
I love to save. I have $2,700 leftover from financial aid money and don't even want to spend $60 of that because it feels like too big of a chunk, haha.

Sirfetch’d

I love to save. I have $2,700 leftover from financial aid money and don't even want to spend $60 of that because it feels like too big of a chunk, haha.

That is quite a large amount and I am happy that you are able to resist the urge to spend it! If I had that amount just sitting there, I'd be shopping right now. That is a bad habit that I need to break, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back