• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I wouldn't mind taking a class and giving an introduction since I do feel somewhat comfortable with public speaking.. but I just wish I was never the first to do things, which usually I'm not, but I feel pressured whenever I do wind up being first to do something

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
^ is why I sometimes hate my last name. Since it starts with a 'Be' I tend to be one of the first, if not the first person to speak depending on if there is anyone with an 'A' last name or something. I was so awkward in Chemistry during my 'intro' because of it.

Sirfetch’d

^ is why I sometimes hate my last name. Since it starts with a 'Be' I tend to be one of the first, if not the first person to speak depending on if there is anyone with an 'A' last name or something. I was so awkward in Chemistry during my 'intro' because of it.

My last name starts with a "Be" too and I am always stuck going at least in the top 2 or 3. At least I can get it over with!

Years
My last name starts with an L, so I'm just about in the middle, haha! But what about those cases where one volunteers and then they get to choose the next person? I just hate those instances as well because it's people choosing their friends lol

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I actually don't believe I've ever been in that situation. When it's randomized it was usually the teacher doing it rather than the student picking the next person to go up. From what I recall that is.

Years
I actually don't believe I've ever been in that situation. When it's randomized it was usually the teacher doing it rather than the student picking the next person to go up. From what I recall that is.
I've been in that situation too, and it's always made me wonder how the teacher chooses who goes, whenever they don't like pull names out of the hat. :P

But in most of the times I've had teachers choose names at random, they pull from a pile of popsicle sticks that have the students' names on them.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Mine's a G...it's usually the first ones (like 4th or 5th) or in the middle depeeeeending on the size of the class (I was 2nd on the list once in one of my high school classes and we had like 25 in that class xD)

Sirfetch’d

I'd hate to have a last name that like started with x,y, or z and have to sit there and be nervous the entire time.

Years
I'd hate to have a last name that like started with x,y, or z and have to sit there and be nervous the entire time.
Reminds me now.. for a while in one of my elementary school classes, the teacher lined us up by alphabetical order of first names... and during that time I was donned the title of the "caboose" because I was at the end of the line. >_>

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
On the plus side if you're in the x, y, z's sometimes you get an extra day to prepare your presentation if the teacher is going alphabetical order because there isn't enough time for everyone to do theirs in one class period. But often times I suppose that could be a double-edged sword.

Sirfetch’d

On the plus side if you're in the x, y, z's sometimes you get an extra day to prepare your presentation if the teacher is going alphabetical order because there isn't enough time for everyone to do theirs in one class period. But often times I suppose that could be a double-edged sword.

Yeah I suppose because if you had an extra day, you could see how others messed up and prepare better so you don't. However the pressure would still build.

Years
I've had cases like that before where I've had extra days due to time running out.. it really helped me since I was quite the procrastinator back in the day xD

Sirfetch’d

I've had cases like that before where I've had extra days due to time running out.. it really helped me since I was quite the procrastinator back in the day xD

Haha, procrastinator is my middle name! I find it so easy to procrastinate things because I get so easily distracted.

Years
It was normal for me to procrastinate on a lot of projects in high school, but it wasn't the best, especially if I did it on a project that was for an AP class.. though oddly enough the time of the school year which I put most effort into wound up being at the end of the year.

Sirfetch’d

It was normal for me to procrastinate on a lot of projects in high school, but it wasn't the best, especially if I did it on a project that was for an AP class.. though oddly enough the time of the school year which I put most effort into wound up being at the end of the year.

I think a lot of people put in more effort in the end, especially if their grades aren't what they need to be and have to try super hard in the last few weeks to bring them up.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I am Megan Procrastinator <insertirllastnamehere>.

But you know what actually kills procrastination? Turn off everything around your house. :D Or you may end up like:

tumblr_mbbxnkCTUK1qcny7io1_500.gif

Years
well my last name begins with a D so im always in the beginning D:

Opposite for me, mine starts with the fourth-last letter a.k.a. W. But it often annoyed me a lot when roll calls happened alphabetically because I have to wait very long just to get checked off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back