• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

droomph

weeb
Years
  • Du for me.

It's the perfect balance. Sometimes there's about 50 Kims and I go first, but most of the time I go in the middle. That way I don't have to wait too long, but I don't have to set the curve, either.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Another reason why I sometimes hate my last name is rollcall. Some of my past classes mark you absent if you aren't there when they call out your name. You could come in during rollcall but if your name isn't called then you're not late. So being near the beginning always leave me less time to be a little late because traffic and so forth haha. ;; I should really consider leaving to go to class 10-15 minutes earlier than I have been but whatever. It isn't a case this semester I don't think.

Years
  • Another reason why I sometimes hate my last name is rollcall. Some of my past classes mark you absent if you aren't there when they call out your name. You could come in during rollcall but if your name isn't called then you're not late. So being near the beginning always leave me less time to be a little late because traffic and so forth haha. ;; I should really consider leaving to go to class 10-15 minutes earlier than I have been but whatever. It isn't a case this semester I don't think.

It's hard if you have a name that's almost last alphabetically like mine, you have to wait extremely long. And that always annoyed me at a time I just wanted to go. In fact, in my later years of high school my name was actually the last as far as my class was concerned. Nobody came after W, so it left me down there.

Du for me.

It's the perfect balance. Sometimes there's about 50 Kims and I go first, but most of the time I go in the middle. That way I don't have to wait too long, but I don't have to set the curve, either.

Well Koreans aren't very diverse with names I have to say.

Years
  • Another reason why I sometimes hate my last name is rollcall. Some of my past classes mark you absent if you aren't there when they call out your name. You could come in during rollcall but if your name isn't called then you're not late. So being near the beginning always leave me less time to be a little late because traffic and so forth haha. ;; I should really consider leaving to go to class 10-15 minutes earlier than I have been but whatever. It isn't a case this semester I don't think.

Yeahh, that's a downside to being called earlier. I'm the type who's usually always 10-30 minutes early but there are days when everything's just bad enough to make me come to class way late.. even after my name was called. :<

Years
  • Watchu talkin bout? With names like Kim and Gim and Khim and Park and Pak and Lee and Rhee and Ri and Yee and Yie and Yi and Chong and Chung and Jeong and Cheong and Jong and Jung and Choung? All dat variety yo.

Years
  • How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

That's all that came into my mind when you said tongue twister :p

Sirfetch’d

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

That's all that came into my mind when you said tongue twister :p

I remember that one from a kid xD. This is probably the one I heard most often while growing up:

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
    A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
    If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
    Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?

Years
  • Oh gosh, that was the first tongue twister I can remember hearing when I was a child, and now it's sad enough that I can't remember it by heart ;~;

Sirfetch’d

Oh gosh, that was the first tongue twister I can remember hearing when I was a child, and now it's sad enough that I can't remember it by heart ;~;

I couldn't remember it all by heart either ;-;. Luckily there was google to come to the rescue!

Years
  • I never use tongue twisters because my tongue can get twisted easily.. xD

And for Google, where in the world would I be without it lmao

Sirfetch’d

I never use tongue twisters because my tongue can get twisted easily.. xD

And for Google, where in the world would I be without it lmao

Personally I think we would all be lost without google. I never would have found PC had it not been for google!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I wouldn't have found PC either so yay for google for that! Not sure where or what I would be doing if it weren't for me discovering PC. xD

Years
  • OMG, i only found out about PC through rom hacking, and that only through whack a hack :P and then google led me here!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I did the same as you Zach and looked for Pokemon Forums on Google. Then I was led here, saw that they had a manga section (at the time) and joined.

And then barely posted in the manga section hahaha whoops.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back