• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I did the same as you Zach and looked for Pokemon Forums on Google. Then I was led here, saw that they had a manga section (at the time) and joined.

And then barely posted in the manga section hahaha whoops.
    Wow, that's exactly what happened to me, except for it wasn't manga. :p I originally came here to just talk about Pokémon in general (since I was sooo into it in 2010 and didn't see myself leaving the franchise like I had used to earlier in life (my interest in Pokémon used to always come and go). But nowadays I always see myself chillin with y'all in CC&P and T&I.

Also, PC was the top result when I performed that Google search, too.

Years
  • word you're ancient. i was like... not even introduced to the internet at that time.
    Same here. I mean, I browsed sites like IGN and such for video game information, but never did I even know back then what a message board was, so I had no idea that sites like this existed. xD

Sirfetch’d

Same here. I mean, I browsed sites like IGN and such for video game information, but never did I even know back then what a message board was, so I had no idea that sites like this existed. xD

In 2005 I would have had no idea what a forum was. The only thing that I googled back then was Pokemon cheats, haha!

Sirfetch’d

Omg, same life bro. Evolving Machoke and Haunter when I didn't have anybody to trade in for Crystal, nostalgia were the days :')

Those were definitely the best times :'). I remember googling the Mew glitch on Red over 10 times because I could never remember how to do it.

Years
  • Back in the day, I went on websites such as Serebii, Psypokes, etc to get Pokémon information in general. I went to Psypokes most of the time just to reset my clocks in Gold and Silver, since they had a tool on their websites.

And I remember this one website that had all the Red/Blue glitches listed. I read up on those and wound up glitching the **** out of my Blue version haha

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    2005... yeah I actually think I was on a forum then. I was on one called Mew's Hangout. If it wasn't that one then it was probably the Danny phantom forum I went to after Mew's hangout started to die and everything. I've been on forums since I was 10-11 so yeah it's been a veeery long time haha.

That said I think I've always used Pokemon websites for information. Serebii was definitely one that I've gone to for years. Plus many others in which I think most of 'em have pretty much died off now since it was during that time when everyone had a Pokemon Website (me included actually. But it sucked so who cares really).

Years
  • I usually relied on Pokemon.com for information xD until I stumbled upon PokeCommunity and Bulbapedia.

Back in the day, I went on websites such as Serebii, Psypokes, etc to get Pokémon information in general. I went to Psypokes most of the time just to reset my clocks in Gold and Silver, since they had a tool on their websites.

And I remember this one website that had all the Red/Blue glitches listed. I read up on those and wound up glitching the **** out of my Blue version haha

Same as you two, I often used sites like Bulbapedia and Serebii to look at Pokemon information, and also the latest news and updates, although Tumblr has loads of juicy stuff I end up blogging when new X & Y news breaks like what I've been doing lately.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I never really relied on anything much, I just heard from my friends about new games which I hadn't played and got them. I have to admit, my brother did introduce me to Googling for help, though.

I didn't really like the idea of spoiling my game with cheats. I believed that if you got bored of the games, it was most probably because you cheated in them. This goes for every game out there too.

Years
  • I was on Psypoke for the longest time before PC and Bulbapedia and Serebii happened (in that order I think). They had the best walkthroughs I think. Did/does anybody go to that website?

Years
  • I think I found Serebii first but then Psypokes.. and believe it or not, I only found Bulbapedia after I found PC, which I guess is rare for a user here? xD

Oh, and good morning PC/DCC. :3

Sirfetch’d

I think I found Serebii first but then Psypokes.. and believe it or not, I only found Bulbapedia after I found PC, which I guess is rare for a user here? xD

Oh, and good morning PC/DCC. :3

Serebii was the first place that I found. I had no idea Serebii had forums though and I just used if for in-game help.

Good morning as well!

Years
  • I mostly used Serebii back then to catch up on the anime, and I used Psypoke for game references. It was also on Serebii that I found the first screenshots of Diamond and Pearl, too, IIRC.

Years
  • I mostly used Serebii back then to catch up on the anime, and I used Psypoke for game references. It was also on Serebii that I found the first screenshots of Diamond and Pearl, too, IIRC.

I often followed Serebii and Bulbapedia when it came to Black & White news in 2010, and now I still follow them for X & Y news. Always my most trusted sources for information and unlikely I'll ever stop following them anytime soon.

Years
  • Hey people guess what!
    Never mind I'll just tell you. Right now I don't feel so good. Yesterday I got in trouble from work because I didn't turn up to a shift I didn't know I had, all because we have a new manager and he's totally useless with the rosters.
    I half made plans to go on a date with this girl and when I messaged her to see what was happening there she shot me down almost immediately.
    The team meeting I was in charge of planning for tomorrow was cancelled like 20 minutes ago with no prior warning or reasoning.
    And now I can't shake the feel that I'm not really wanted right now. :(

Make me feel better, or worse. Whichever, I'm easy.

Years
  • I often followed Serebii and Bulbapedia when it came to Black & White news in 2010, and now I still follow them for X & Y news. Always my most trusted sources for information and unlikely I'll ever stop following them anytime soon.
    Ah.. I only use Bulbapedia for news with Pokémon, and I usually only go there for news whenever word reaches to me. Though I also usually check out Bulbapedia to check up on active Pokémon events as well, whether through wifi or just at Gamestop.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back