• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalyst.

Nothing of significance
Years
Even if I wanted to print, my printer doesn't work with OS X - it gets stuck at printer is in use whenever I try to print something. If I really need to print, I'll copy it over to my windows 8 gaming pc and do it from there, but that hasn't happened in months.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Whenever my printer runs out of ink, it automatically turns itself off and gives us an error message when we attempt to turn it back on. My printer doesn't work too well with some of our computers, but I still love it though, because it's extremely easy to install ink into it. You just take off the top, remove the old ink cartridges, and put in new ones. This takes only two to three minutes, haha. d:

Years
I wish there was a networked printer in my house, especially one that worked via wifi.. that way I wouldn't have to plug mine in every time I needed to use it, and save money as well with using one printer as well.. it's not like my parents print things often, but for the very purpose of printing, I needed my own printer since it was a hassle for me to have to save files to a flash drive and hook up to my parents' computer just to print something.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Oh, that reminds me, I should probably work on hooking up this laptop to the printer. Having to dig out my flash drive or email myself the paper in question can be a handful. :C

Years
You can use dropbox, or another cloud storage service, but just keep all your school stuff there so it'll sync between your laptop and whatever computer your printer's connected to. It's pretty darn close to wifi printing if your printer is still oldskool.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Oh yes. I must agree with bis. Cloud storage is the best thing to ever happen on this planet. I use both skydrive and google drive, I also have dropbox in case I ran out of space. I can't remember the last time I actually used a USB drive to take with me. Why would I? All my crap is in the cloud. :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Google Drive is the only cloud storage service I use. Their interface is pretty simple and easy to navigate. Not only that, they also offer you a system to create various types of documents. If you're running Chrome, you should be able to access these documents even if you don't have internet (I think). n__n

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
My laptop's battery has grown pretty weak, so unfortunately, it doesn't last as much as it used to. ): Two to three years ago, my laptop was able to stay alive for four straight hours. Nowadays, it runs out of charge within just two and a half hours. I'm planning to replace this battery, but I don't know if I should since I usually don't unplug the charger anymore.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Back then laptops lasted up to 2 hours of battery life, now we're seeing up to 7-8 hours of battery life...even handheld gaming devices are lasting that long. :O

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
When I have my laptop on maximum performance mode (more brightness, special effects, higher sound, etc.), it lasts for only about thirty to forty minutes. xD Yes, it's that weak. It used to last a lot longer on maximum when it was in new condition, though. Somewhere around two hours, maybe.

My tablet is able to last for a really long time. You should be able to watch three full movies in a row with this thing and its charge still wouldn't run out.

Years
Back then laptops lasted up to 2 hours of battery life, now we're seeing up to 7-8 hours of battery life...even handheld gaming devices are lasting that long. :O

I don't last that long...

Spoiler:

It'll be super useful moving between classes and not having a decent amount of time to charge. Battery life is my #1 variable when it comes to picking laptops.

Years
my tablet doesn't last very long either. its battery life sucks baaaaadly. in a half hour it just dies. xD

That kinda sucks, sometimes I'm a bit surprised at my DS Lite's battery life so I often keep it plugged when I'm playing my Pokemon games. And my computer tends to survive quite a few hours too, it's usually only overheating that tends to end it.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
My laptop usually lasts around five hours at its current settings. Should be ready to go for college next Monday (I'm a little nervous)!

I bought a battery pack for my 3DS, so now it can literally last up to two days. I once left it in the car (accidentally) for one week. It was closed, but it still had about half of its battery left. That was money well spent right there since we go on car trips and I used to go on band trips for school.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've played games with my 3DS for nearly three hours at one time, and it showed no signs of the battery running out. I'm not exactly sure how long it's able to keep itself alive though. Maybe five or six hours? My DSi is pretty old, so it runs out of power quite fast. D: I've bought this system about five years ago, which is a really long time.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
The main gaming item in the house (iPad) usually can run for six hours or such, it has a quite remarkable endurance capacity. However, I usually like to play on consoles after they're plugged in, because I don't really fancy sitting around anywhere with that portable console.

Sirfetch’d

I'm not sure how long MY 3DS can last as I haven't even used it yet :[. I bought it for X&Y so I guess I will find out when those games come out :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back