• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
They usually last about several hours (3-5 for 3DS games , 5-8 for DS games) I think, though I'm just pulling this info from Wikipedia cause I don't actually have a 3DS to determine that myself.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Oh yes, long batteries are rare. That in phones usually. It's hard to get a long-battery phone. Especially when you use game-specific apps. I just hope some revolutionary battery or something comes in and solves the problems of battery for us all.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I never use my phone. I think it's been sitting with its charger for about a week now. Even when I take it off, it's just for emergencies if I get into an accident or something. I can't remember the last time I used it, or even received a text. I don't get cell reception at my house, so there's a reason for that.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I absolutely cannot live without my phone. xD I use it for almost everything nowadays, such as listening to music, chatting with friends, watching movies and TV shows, and surfing the web. I'm typing this post from my phone right now as we speaking. My phone is very light, and I'm able to take it with me wherever I go. Oh, and it has a high-quality camera, too! I just don't take any pictures with it very often.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
My computer can last for only about an hour or so on the battery. Most of the time though, I just use the charger.

TY

My laptop can last a hour or 4 without playing games, with it only 1
Luckily i can always use a charger at college

Catalyst.

Nothing of significance
Years
I've always been amazed at how well my Nexus 7 lasts. Flashed Franco_kernel and I literally can get 8 hours of use, with WiFi on the whole time. Idle, it lasts several days.

Years
My computer can last for only about an hour or so on the battery. Most of the time though, I just use the charger.
Might be a defective battery then unless you do a lot of stuff with your laptop. Most laptops these days should be able to hold a good charge for at least 2 hours (on high brightness), as mine does.

And keeping your device on A/C power all the time is never really good, as that can cause your battery to stop working gradually.. usually once in a while it's a good idea to calibrate your battery by letting it run close to zero and then charging it back up.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
This reminds me, that my battery of my laptop was problematic. I meant, when it's not charged, my battery meter can suddenly drop from 70% to 30% when it's on use (and occasionally drop to sudden 0% and shuts down without notice), which is why I was making sure to charge it all the time. Not to mention that I have blackouts lately, too.

Years
My old 2008 Compaq laptop is the same way.. it can start out at 100% then within half an hour it will go down to 10% then eventually shut itself off.. but then again, using a 3rd-party adapter after the original one shorted out from excessive use probably didn't help my case much.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I need a new battery. My laptop cannot last ten-fifteen minutes anymore off the charger. It also gets really loud too after being on for a while so I don't dare bring it to class to use in case it annoys others around me while trying to listen to the professor.

TY

I need a new battery. My laptop cannot last ten-fifteen minutes anymore off the charger. It also gets really loud too after being on for a while so I don't dare bring it to class to use in case it annoys others around me while trying to listen to the professor.

my previous laptop had that and it got even worse when playing games, then it couldnt last a second without being charged and it sounded like a vacuum cleaner D:

Years
Ouch, problematic indeed. And for the noise, just find a can of compressed air and apply it to your laptop as it probably has a lot of dust buildup in it.

Years
^That. Dust can clog the fans inside the laptop which then makes it spin uncontrollably. (tried my best to put it in layman's terms)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Last time I did that I killed my laptop for two months. Barely touched it until my dad came down to visit and he said that it'll do that because the laptop is getting old; it's not too loud but definitely louder than when I got it and sometimes when I'm opening a program or something it gets really loud for that moment. I've had it a little over three years now.

I'll find some compressed air and try to see if it helps though. Since it might if I don't kill the poor thing a second time (which wouldn't be good at all).

Years
About a month or so ago I applied some compressed air into my laptop after having the issue of the fan going on loud when no CPU was really in use, and after that it did help some with the noise.

I don't really like applying compressed air to laptops because it varies by the manufacturer on how to clean them out.. but lucky for mine I just had to blow the compressed air through the vents without having to take anything apart.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Last time I tried taking apart a laptop I just made it worse so never again am I going to take one apart. I'm terrible with technology weh. But it's not too loud right now just kind of that little 'hmmmmm' sound? Regardless this laptop needs to stay together until I have the money for a new one which is not anytime soon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
My old Sony Vaio laptop turns itself off as soon as it boots if it's unplugged. It works fine if I keep it plugged into its charger, though. I'd replace its battery, but some of its keys are nonfunctional. ): It's also very slow and runs Windows Vista, which I truly despise. I could completely erase its hard drive, add more ram, and install a new operating system, but that'd take too much time and effort. I'm not sure if I'd be using much, either, since I already have a newer laptop. D:

Last edited:

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I used to have this battery on my old HP laptop that, once unplugged, would very quickly lose power and drain from 100% to 0% in less than 20 minutes. Worked fine while plugged in, but would randomly and suddenly shut down without prior notice. Now with the new hard drive installed, it's more or less a brand new operating system with a 4-year-old casing. The current new battery is slightly better in performance as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back