• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I've had my old Windows Vista laptop for about 3-4 years and finally, finally got a Macbook Pro to replace it with in April. Never felt such a huge difference.. went from a really loud (its fan) Inspiron 1525 to a Macbook with SSD. Gotta love the silence.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I know! I'm using a Macbook Air now and I'm constantly marvelling at how silent it is. I can't even hear a sound from it, even with the fan switched off. Gotta love Macbooks. (Y)

Years
  • I've a dv6. And I broke the chassis. And the battery life is little more than two hours. I would like to get a new laptop, but this one still works. Like chicken ribs, I don't know if I should use it or throw it away.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm perfectly happy with my tablet and my desktop computer right now. My previous laptop was a Toshiba and man, that thing did last. After three and a half years, the laptop's fan started to malfunction and the battery did not work anymore. It did its best. :)

Years
  • I'm perfectly happy with my tablet and my desktop computer right now. My previous laptop was a Toshiba and man, that thing did last. After three and a half years, the laptop's fan started to malfunction and the battery did not work anymore. It did its best. :)

Aww man it's been three years with this old beast too! Is it time to replace? :S

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • I currently have an HP Pavilion g4. It's going on 1 and a half year but its still good. I also have an iPad 16GB now.

Years
  • I can sit around for six, sometimes seven hours before my MBP's battery life gets down to 10%. Another big improvement over my old craptop Inspiron 1525, which barely lasted an hour and a half if that~

Years
  • All you macbook peoples :< man, if there was only a less costly alternative...

@Megan: well it's fast enough... I'm just disappointed at the display and battery life. I only get the 2+ ish hours if screen brightness is on low. It's not too outdated, 2.3 Ghz quad core so it's good enough for most of my requirements - I hate these go-either-way decisions. Also I broke off a bit of the chassis so the hinge that connects the screen to the rest of the body is kind of flimsy. It feels kinda crippled.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • All you macbook peoples :< man, if there was only a less costly alternative...

@Megan: well it's fast enough... I'm just disappointed at the display and battery life. I only get the 2+ ish hours if screen brightness is on low. It's not too outdated, 2.3 Ghz quad core so it's good enough for most of my requirements - I hate these go-either-way decisions. Also I broke off a bit of the chassis so the hinge that connects the screen to the rest of the body is kind of flimsy. It feels kinda crippled.

I think a replacement is suggested, but from what I'm seeing, I think the computer would be okay for the next few months or even the rest of the year. I'll only consider a replacement if the laptop is experiencing any technical malfunction like a failing hard drive or the fan is starting to make cringing noises.

but yeah, it's either-or. xD

i don't even know tbh.
    i just............

PC Fastfood Inc.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I just got my laptop a few months ago, so it still better be working! It's running great so far and I'm happy with it. I'm interested to see how I'll use this thing in college, as I prefer hand-written notes.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I don't know xD but then this *is* the DCC where anything can happen at anytime. :P

I do kinda miss the weather talk on here /shot

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm still waiting for the heat to die out so I can turn off the AC and open the windows (and walk outside at noon because I miss those days :( )

Years
  • I'm waiting for things to change around here with the weather too.. I want to see all sunny skies again with cooler temperatures and no humidity and a chilly and cool breeze blowing as well so that I know for sure that the "Florida summer" is over with.

Sirfetch’d

I'm just ready for it not to be in the 90s everyday. I wan cool Fall weather with a nice breeze and sunny skies without all of this unbearable humidity. Hopefully this is the last month of this weather :[

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back